+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Information Letter -Passport reset issue

d@n!3

Oct 26, 2020
i got a one liner information letter saying you can call the Call centre to reset your passport to finalize the issue.

i cant understand this. please comment or share your opinions as to what could this mean ?

Idpatel

Jan 10, 2020
i got a one liner information letter saying you can call the Call centre to reset your passport to finalize the issue.

i cant understand this. please comment or share your opinions as to what could this mean ?
Have you emailed them to ask anything regarding your application?

I received the same few days back. I called and asked them about this. In response, they told that it was just a normal correspondence sent to me (as I had emailed about why medical is not updated yet n all that)

He (IRCC call center agent added) "it is not about your case so just don't worry and wait for the final decision. If you wanna make address changes, contact changes, I can help you with this and that's what exactly written in the correspondence you received in your gc key account."

I hope.. it helps

Reactions: d@n!3

Idpatel

Jan 10, 2020

According to the agent on call from IRCC, it is sent to you because you had sent an email regarding your application so you have been informed that you should raise a webform for any case specific questions mentioned on the letter.

Idpatel

Jan 10, 2020
So medicals still not being updated on the portal is normal for now?
I think Yes, for those who have received their AIPs through email..

Those who have received their AIPs in gc key, are updated with medical status before AIPs send out..

This is what I think. (Not an official Statement)

d@n!3

Oct 26, 2020
Have you emailed them to ask anything regarding your application?

I received the same few days back. I called and asked them about this. In response, they told that it was just a normal correspondence sent to me (as I had emailed about why medical is not updated yet n all that)

He (IRCC call center agent added) "it is not about your case so just don't worry and wait for the final decision. If you wanna make address changes, contact changes, I can help you with this and that's what exactly written in the correspondence you received in your gc key account."

I hope.. it helps
great . just wanted this answer. i mailed them to send an update .
whats your timeline . i applied early October SDS and no update since then apart from this and
what does that mean "its not about your case"
and did your felt anything positive from the tone of the call centre agent.

Stay_Humble

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
I think Yes, for those who have received their AIPs through email..

Those who have received their AIPs in gc key, are updated with medical status before AIPs send out..

This is what I think. (Not an official Statement)
Thanks, I completed my med on 30th Sept and applied under SDS on 16th Oct so AIP does not apply to me. Don't know why medocal has still not be updated on the portal.

d@n!3

Oct 26, 2020
whats your timeline . i applied early October SDS and no update since then apart from this and
he said " just dont worry" thats a good sign
what is your timeline ,?

Idpatel

Jan 10, 2020
I felt like everything seems good. He meant to say that the correspondence both of us received is not case specific. It was just a correspondence because we emailed them (simple email) instead of raising webform. So it was suggested that if we wanna ask anything or make any changes in address, we should use webform.. nothing than this..

My timeline:

Applied 9th July with complete application.(SDS/India)
AIP: 3rd sep via email
Medical: not updated
Fall 2020 intake..started 1sem online and likely to complete 1st sem and waiting for the final decision as 2nd semester demands in person attendance.

Last edited:

Afza Akhil

Dec 20, 2017
I felt like everything seems good. He meant to say that the correspondence both of us received is not case specific. It was just a correspondence because we emailed them (simple email) instead of raising webform. So it was suggested that if we wanna ask anything or make any changes in address, we should use webform.. nothing than this..

My timeline:

Applied 9th July with complete application.
AIP: 3rs sem via email
Fall 2020 intake..started 1sem online and likely to complete 1st sem and waiting for the final decision as 2nd semester demands in person attendance.
Same boat..however, first year is online so I Can be there by March or april

d@n!3

Oct 26, 2020

My timeline:

Applied 9th July with complete application.
AIP: 3rs sem via email
thanks for the response and best of luck ! hope we all get PPR requests soon

Reactions: Idpatel