+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Information concerning DECISION MADE

Danber123456

Aug 17, 2018
Dear Sir/Madam
I have already submitted my application through my G5 sponsors and CIC has also sent me an email saying document received and checked for the completness then i got a file number created in the system but not yet active until decision is made. My Q. Is: what does it mean "decision made" and how long it takes? does the process will stop ones the file number is owned?
Thanks for your kind and warmly help in advance !

Xbero

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Dear Sir/Madam
I have already submitted my application through my G5 sponsors and CIC has also sent me an email saying document received and checked for the completness then i got a file number created in the system but not yet active until decision is made. My Q. Is: what does it mean "decision made" and how long it takes? does the process will stop ones the file number is owned?
Thanks for your kind and warmly help in advance !
Hi Danber,

It means that once the office of immigration inside Canada assessed your application for the sponsor's eligibility, they will make a decision to approve or reject the application. Then they will inform you about their decision and a number that you can check the status of your application, so you have to wait. I have received the same email.

When did you receive the email saying document received and checked?

Danber123456

Aug 17, 2018
Hi Danber,

It means that once the office of immigration inside Canada assessed your application for the sponsor's eligibility, they will make a decision to approve or reject the application. Then they will inform you about their decision and a number that you can check the status of your application, so you have to wait. I have received the same email.

When did you receive the email saying document received and checked?
Firstly, I Thank you for your response.
I got the first email of document received by June 13,2018 then after a month , i received file number for the decision made.

Xbero

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Firstly, I Thank you for your response.
I got the first email of document received by June 13,2018 then after a month , i received file number for the decision made.
Ok, if you have received file number for the decision made, then you can use that online to check the status of your application and the decision made.

Does your file number look like G000XXXXXX or is it without the G ? Usually, you received the G000XXXXXX file number when they send email saying that they received your application and it is created in the system.

In the decision made email, you should have received a different file number with a link that allows you to check the status of the decision.

What date did you receive the second email about decision made?

Danber123456

Aug 17, 2018
Okay, I received a file number satrted with G000,xxxxx on July 15, 2018 but still the system is not activated and they didn't send me a link with different number as you have said. So does it takes long time to get a link or decision made?

Xbero

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
In this case, the June email you received is for confirmation that your file has been received and it is complete. The July email you received is to inform you that your application has been created in the system and application number is provided to you.

The next email you receive will include inform you about the eligibility decision and provide a link that you can check the status of your application, so stay tuned for that.

When did you submit your application? I assume you submitted via email.

Danber123456

Aug 17, 2018
Thanks , you stated well !
In fact my brother, who is sponsoring me, has submitted my application through mail from canada.in group five category.after i sent my application documents to him.

Ranolive

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
Good day all,
Hope you are less stressing.
I got the protected decision on december 08,2017
I applied for PR on 31st march 2018
I called the CICC several times,
Once time ,it gave me the file number starting with a Gxxxxxxxxx, but till today,i have not received no mail for telling me they received my file,nothing.
How long do you think must still wait before expecting any mail,about any decision,anything...
Please help.
Thanks

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
Good day all,
Hope you are less stressing.
I got the protected decision on december 08,2017
I applied for PR on 31st march 2018
I called the CICC several times,
Once time ,it gave me the file number starting with a Gxxxxxxxxx, but till today,i have not received no mail for telling me they received my file,nothing.
How long do you think must still wait before expecting any mail,about any decision,anything...
Please help.
Thanks
It should take between 4-7 months. Mine took 5 months and a hald to get that email confirming that my application was received.

Ranolive

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
It should take between 4-7 months. Mine took 5 months and a hald to get that email confirming that my application was received.
thank you very much for your answer,
please how far are you since then, can i have your timeline?
thanks

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
thank you very much for your answer,
please how far are you since then, can i have your timeline?
thanks
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on February 2, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 4, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on July 3, 2018.

—————

Background check started a week ago.

Reactions: Cadnaan hajji

Ranolive

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on February 2, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 4, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on July 3, 2018.
—————

Background check started a week ago.

thank you very much,
it seems the whole process is still very long.

any ideay about the steps ahead and how long they may take?

thanks

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
thank you very much,
it seems the whole process is still very long.

any ideay about the steps ahead and how long they may take?

thanks
I honestly have no idea. Current processing times are 33 months!! It’s only been 7 months for me. Long process ahead unfortunately!!!