+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Information about driving License

Acrossit

Jul 27, 2011
Dear Expertise,

I will be moving Canada with the family next August and I will settle in Halifax NS. I need your help regarding the driving license as I hold a Kuwaiti driving license for the last 22 years. My question that do I have to go into a full driving test which will take at least 3-4 months as I heard or I can just show them the Kuwaiti driving license (old and new) and based on that I will be able to get the Canadian driving license. It is important for me to get the driving license as we are big family which needs to go for shopping very often and to drop/collect children for schools.

Appreciate you kind reply.

Thank you and best regards.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I dont think you can directly replace a Kuwaiti license for a Canadian license, laws and rules are different here. For example when making a left turn on green you have to stop here but in Kuwait you can make left turn on green light

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is not really so much about the rules being different but about which province has exchange agreements with which countries. No province has an exchange agreement with Kuwait which means you have to take the exam.

You can read about the Nova Scotia requirements here:

http://www.gov.ns.ca/snsmr/paal/rmv/paal269.asp#appprocessgp4 said:
Other Foreign Countries: People who have a valid driver’s licence from other foreign countries will be required to purchase a knowledge test receipt and road test receipt and successfully complete vision, signs, rules and road tests.
You may drive on your Kuwait licence for up to 90 days. It should not take 3-4 months to take the exam.

Teaspoon

Jan 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadian driving license is given in three steps . G1, G2, and G. if u have 2 years driving experience , u can have G2 driving license but after visual test ,traffic signs test and drive test. you will omit the long wait period. By G2 u can drive car without any driver presence in u r car like the G. except u can not drive on certain busy times at at super highway.

if u r a new fresh and try to have a driving license in this case u have to wait 2 years to get G2.

G1...u can drive while G is available in your car.
G2 ...u can drive without any one except few busy hours in highway
G... full license

by the way if u have a international driving license , translated in English , it will be valid for three months only.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Teaspoon said:
Canadian driving license is given in three steps . G1, G2, and G. if u have 2 years driving license , u can have G2 driving license but after visual test ,traffic signs and drive test. By G2 u can drive car without any driver presence in u r car like the G1. except u can not drive on certain times at very busy hour at super highway.

if u r a new fresh and try to have a driving lisence in this case u have to wait 2 years to get G1.

G1...u can drive while G is available in your car.
G2 ...u can drive without any one
G... full license
G1, G2 and G is only for Ontario. In Nova Scotia where he is going, the G license is called Class 5 and for that and other info, go to the link I posted above.

Acrossit

Jul 27, 2011
Dear All Great Guys,

Thank you very much for your replies and really i appreciate your guidance. I will browse the link given and prepare my self for the test.

Bets regards

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how long it takes to get G license, i have 2 year+ driver license outside canada.