+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Information about asylum

ZoyaAlia

Jul 26, 2018
Hi
I need information about asylum. I'm 19 In my family other then my parents are my younger brothers. Me & my brothers was born and grown up in Saudi Arabia. Nationality wise we are Pakistani. In 2013, we moved to Pakistan after so many years. In these years, we was converted from Sunni to Shia and my Pakistani relatives didn't know about that. Next year, in 2014 when they was aware that we was converted to Shia branch they become our enemy and started forced us to come back to Sunni branch when we didn't do what they said. One day they attack on us and my brothers got injuries. My brother had 10 stitches on his head Immediately, we secretly moved from there to another place and bound in house. But in start of this year, they were found us and send us threatened messages and calls. That they will kill us. Police wasn't helped us. Instantly, we applied for Saudi Arabia visit visa and in a month we moved to Saudi Arabia as we aren't safe in our country. But we are temporary here. Someone suggest us to claim asylum in Canada on visit visa. My questions are Can we claim for asylum in Canada on visit visa? what's the process of seeking asylum? How can we prove them that we aren't safe in our homeland?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi
I need information about asylum. I'm 19 In my family other then my parents are my younger brothers. Me & my brothers was born and grown up in Saudi Arabia. Nationality wise we are Pakistani. In 2013, we moved to Pakistan after so many years. In these years, we was converted from Sunni to Shia and my Pakistani relatives didn't know about that. Next year, in 2014 when they was aware that we was converted to Shia branch they become our enemy and started forced us to come back to Sunni branch when we didn't do what they said. One day they attack on us and my brothers got injuries. My brother had 10 stitches on his head Immediately, we secretly moved from there to another place and bound in house. But in start of this year, they were found us and send us threatened messages and calls. That they will kill us. Police wasn't helped us. Instantly, we applied for Saudi Arabia visit visa and in a month we moved to Saudi Arabia as we aren't safe in our country. But we are temporary here. Someone suggest us to claim asylum in Canada on visit visa. My questions are Can we claim for asylum in Canada on visit visa? what's the process of seeking asylum? How can we prove them that we aren't safe in our homeland?
Yes - you can claim asylum if you arrive in Canada on a visitor visa. However realistically, I don't think you have any chance of getting an approved TRV given your age, lack of ties to your home country (e.g. job, property, assets) and the fact you only have temporary status in the country where you are now. To be approved for a TRV, you have to prove to IRCC that you are a genuine visitor and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. Based on your profile, I really don't think there's any chance of a TRV being approved. Having said that, you can certainly try applying.

ZoyaAlia

Jul 26, 2018
Yes - you can claim asylum if you arrive in Canada on a visitor visa. However realistically, I don't think you have any chance of getting an approved TRV given your age, lack of ties to your home country (e.g. job, property, assets) and the fact you only have temporary status in the country where you are now. To be approved for a TRV, you have to prove to IRCC that you are a genuine visitor and have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. Based on your profile, I really don't think there's any chance of a TRV being approved. Having said that, you can certainly try applying.
Thank you for replying me
Am not apply visit visa. My father will apply for visit visa. He is doing jobs for many years.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for replying me
Am not apply visit visa. My father will apply for visit visa. He is doing jobs for many years.
Does he have past travel to countries requiring visas such as the US and UK? How much money does he plan to show to support the trip? What proof of ties to his home country will he demonstrate? Is your father going to be traveling alone or with the rest of your family?

ZoyaAlia

Jul 26, 2018
Yes he was past travel to Denmark.
40,000 Riyals
With family.
Can we will get asylum on this basis or refused? What type of documents we have to show?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes he was past travel to Denmark.
40,000 Riyals
With family.
Can we will get asylum on this basis or refused? What type of documents we have to show?
His bank balance is quite low given your whole family is traveling. IRCC will likely wonder why he is spending so much money out of his savings on a trip to Canada.

Applying for the TRV with your whole family will increase the chances of the TRV being refused. However I understand that you probably don't want to be separated.

None of us here can tell you if your asylum claim will be approved or refused. You will need to have documents that prove your story (e.g. hospitalization records, police reports, etc.).

ZoyaAlia

Jul 26, 2018
Does he have past travel to countries requiring visas such as the US and UK? How much money does he plan to show to support the trip? What proof of ties to his home country will he demonstrate? Is your father going to be traveling alone or with the rest of your family?
His bank balance is quite low given your whole family is traveling. IRCC will likely wonder why he is spending so much money out of his savings on a trip to Canada.

Applying for the TRV with your whole family will increase the chances of the TRV being refused. However I understand that you probably don't want to be separated.

None of us here can tell you if your asylum claim will be approved or refused. You will need to have documents that prove your story (e.g. hospitalization records, police reports, etc.).
My uncle lives in Canada from more then 20 years. If he will send us invitation letter or sponser letter. Then, how many chance of getting TRV?
We don't have police report. Actually , MNA of city in Pakistan is a friend of my Relatives and police of the city is under his control. They didn't listen us & didn't record report.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Your Uncle can't sponsor you. He can only invite you. The fact you have family in Canada and the whole family is trying to obtain a TRV, I suspect it would be refused.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Your uncle can’t sponsor you. All he can do is send a letter of invitation for you to visit. The TRV you apply for will be based on your/you parents finances, ties to your country of residence. Because you are planning to apply as a whole family, and your uncle is in Canada, your funds are limited and you have limited ties to Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, it now will seem much more likely you are not visitors. That will increase the chances of a TRV being refused.

ZoyaAlia

Jul 26, 2018
Your uncle can’t sponsor you. All he can do is send a letter of invitation for you to visit. The TRV you apply for will be based on your/you parents finances, ties to your country of residence. Because you are planning to apply as a whole family, and your uncle is in Canada, your funds are limited and you have limited ties to Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, it now will seem much more likely you are not visitors. That will increase the chances of a TRV being refused.

My father has a working experience of 22years. If he make salary statement or experience letter. Is it help us in getting TRV? Also, if we increase bank statement so, chances will be better?

ZoyaAlia

Jul 26, 2018
Please reply me
Suppose we get TRV & we are going to claim asylum. We don't have police report as I told about that. We just have hospitalization record and news paper. When they attack on us & police didn't help us at that time a local news paper wrote about our situation. Yet, we have these documents.
What you think this is strong or weak story? How many chances of getting success?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Please reply me
Suppose we get TRV & we are going to claim asylum. We don't have police report as I told about that. We just have hospitalization record and news paper. When they attack on us & police didn't help us at that time a local news paper wrote about our situation. Yet, we have these documents.
What you think this is strong or weak story? How many chances of getting success?
To add to what the others have posted, you and your family might find it quite difficult, if not impossible, to get TRVs. The fact that you and your brothers were born in KSA + your family had lived in KSA for several years + you have now moved back to KSA indicates that you can continue to live in KSA even on temporary immigration status for years (for example, if you dad finds employment in KSA).

Each TRV application is assessed for its individual merits. A TRV approval for one member of the family may not result in approvals for all other members.

With your entire family wanting to apply for TRVs, your family ties to Canada will far outweigh those to KSA. This indicates the possibility to overstay your visit as you don't have any family members to return home to.

Increasing the finances won't work because visa officers can do the math to check if the income declared adds up to the finances shown for the visa application.

Your situation was published in the local newspapers. There's a possibility that the visa office might learn about your case through a simple Google search or even through background checks. This might then affect your chances of getting TRVs

Reactions: Abzain and scylla