+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Informal/Oral Oath Invitation

chelavnzuo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hi has anyone here ever been given an informal/oral oath invitation and if so, how actuate it is?

My story - did the test today in Victoria, the CIC staff told me that they will be back on the island in early July (most likely Canada Day) and asked about my availability in those days. I said I'm all free and then was told to expect the oath invitation in the next a few weeks.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
chelavnzuo said:
Hi has anyone here ever been given an informal/oral oath invitation and if so, how actuate it is?

My story - did the test today in Victoria, the CIC staff told me that they will be back on the island in early July (most likely Canada Day) and asked about my availability in those days. I said I'm all free and then was told to expect the oath invitation in the next a few weeks.
Oral, lol, invitation... What date and time have you been given orally? That would be something close to an "invitation"; anything else is just chatting - maybe they were testing your language abilities.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

era1521 said:
Oral, lol, invitation... What date and time have you been given orally? That would be something close to an "invitation"; anything else is just chatting - maybe they were testing your language abilities.
1, CIC has a ton of ceremonies on Canada Day, so they want to know if there will be enough interest in having one in Victoria on that day. As there is no office in Victoria, everything has to be brought over from Vancouver,

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
I just saw the oath schedule on cic's website:

Victoria
Address: 1401 Rockland Ave
Victoria, British Columbia, V8S 1V9
Date: Wednesday July 01, 2015
Time: 9:45 AM
Open to the Yes
public:

@ chelavnzuo

Please let us know once you receive the oath invite for July 1st.

victorian

Jun 15, 2015
Hi Friends,

Did any of you in Victoria (BC) receive letter for Citizenship Oath happening on July 1, 2015?

chelavnzuo said:

chelavnzuo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
As of today I still haven't heard back from CIC.
How many days in advance do people normally receive oath invitation these days? July 1st is exactly 2 weeks away.

troll2

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
chelavnzuo said:
How many days in advance do people normally receive oath invitation these days? July 1st is exactly 2 weeks away.
I got my July 1 invitation in the mail 16 days ahead. In my city historical average is between 20 and 14 days. But since we talking about Canada Day, anything could happen. Like phone call just couple days before July 1. I wouldn't hold my breath but since CIC has backlog applicants waiting for oath, it wouldn't surprise me at all if July 1 come to be a purging day.
Wish you best luck.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
chelavnzuo said:
Usually for Vancouver applicants the oath letter is sent 2 weeks before the oath. If you/we are scheduled for oath on 1st July then we should expect the letter any day now.

arianuow

Nov 28, 2014
chelavnzuo said:
Hi chelavnzuo!

I am from Victoria as well. I seem to have the same case - I was given two possible dates for oath by the CO, since then those days have passed (July 1 was one of them). Have you heard anything about the oath yet?

Thanks