+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Info Topic - How to get Police Clearances !!

lepatissier07

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27.11.2010 CSQ 28.10.2011 FED
Doc's Request.
25.05.2011 CSQ
Nomination.....
20.09.2011 CSQ CSQ by Mail 11.10.2011
AOR Received.
11.02.2011 CSQ
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
03.05.2012 AOR
Med's Done....
Interview........
20.09.2011 CSQ
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hello everybody,

I just wanted to open this thread to give some help regarding Police Clearances.
Everybody can help, regarding how and where to get them, and possible timelines.
Currently you should send them together with your application to avoid delays and they shouldn’t be older than 120days (3months).

All the info I give here is from personal experience, and I applied from Canada !

German Police Clearance – “Polizeiliches Fuehrungszeugnis”

You can get the English and French Version in order to apply for it.

http://www.bundesjustizamt.de/cln_115/nn_2037732/DE/Themen/Buergerdienste/BZR/WohnortA/WohnortA__node.html?__nnn=true

The Form needs to be signed by an authority such as a Police Station, Notary or German Consulate. In my Case, the Police Station (Commissariat de Police) did it for free. You will need your Passport and a photocopy of your passport, which you need to get certified by the Officer as well as the form. You might need to check before at the Police Station, because at some Police Stations there are certain Officers who are allowed to certify things.

NOTE: The German Embassy in Montreal does NOT do anymore Consular stuff since the last 2 years; they moved these kind of “services” to the Consulate in Ottawa. So, save the time and don’t go there!

It’ll cost you 13€, transferred to their bank account and a bank statement of yours to proof you paid!
They will send it anywhere you want. Approx. Time: 20 days Send/Receive!! Pretty quick.

French Police Clearance --- Extrait de casier judiciaire bulletin nr.3

You can apply for it online from this website. They will send it anywhere you want.

https://www.cjn.justice.gouv.fr/cjn/b3/eje20

My time line was 7 days!! Send/Receive!! Very Fast, considering processing + sending France > Canada
The best part : It’s for currently for Free !!

New Zealand Police Clearance

The Link: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/australia-australie/visas/police_australian-australie_police.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

There is no New Zealand Police Clearance Certificate normally. You just complete the form, attach a photocopy of your passport, and
the immigration office will do the rest. They will contact the NZ Police, which will process it and send it to Canadian Embassy in Sydney, Australia, which then get in contact with the Immigration Office responsible for you.

Price: Free. (currently)

UK - Police Clearance

The Link: http://www.acpo.police.uk/NationalPolicing/ACROCriminalRecordsOffice/PoliceCertificates.aspx

Well, the UK PC is a bit of a pain and pretty expensive. You have to complete 9 forms, need 1 passport pic signed from a person which needs to be professional, which he/she knows you for more than 2 years, and must NOT BE a family member ! Can be a doctor or anybody else, which is explained on the form. They want to know a lot, and currently it costs 35£ (approx. 56$Can) and takes approx. 3 weeks, Send/Receive ! They send it anywhere you want, as long as you have 2 proofs of your current address ! (bills or similar)
In return you get a pretty fancy Certificate, with picture, hologram and lovely thick paper. The problem could be the payment, because they do NOT accept Credit Card payments !! I did a Bankers Draft ! (the bank charges you for that as well !)

Canadian Police Clearance

Work in Progress ! Updates coming soon!

So, that's it from my side ! Would be nice if everybody could give his share ! :)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Wouldn't be just easier to direct people to the CIC where it explains how to get Police Certificates? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

lepatissier07

Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27.11.2010 CSQ 28.10.2011 FED
Doc's Request.
25.05.2011 CSQ
Nomination.....
20.09.2011 CSQ CSQ by Mail 11.10.2011
AOR Received.
11.02.2011 CSQ
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
03.05.2012 AOR
Med's Done....
Interview........
20.09.2011 CSQ
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi PMM,

thanks for your quick reply.

well, i've thought to explain it a bit more detailed than just a link to it, because i can see sometimes certain questions being asked over and over again, and the website doesn't always tell the "small print". So far i had a lots of walking because of my PCC's, stuff which wasn't mentioned on the website and things had changed.

i guess i will erase this thread later, ....

bye,
lepatissier07

AnneUSA

Oct 27, 2016
I need the police clearance from argentina. And neither do I currently leave nor am I a citizen so it is a real pain.

Now I am wondering, does the document need to be authorized / legalized?