+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Info on Inland spousal sponsorship

Shiv_CR7

Mar 3, 2019
Hello,

I am (Canadian citizen) getting married in April in India and moving back to Canada in May with my wife (Indian citizen). She had her TRV approved last month (applied mentioning she'll visit Canada to spend time with me).
1) Can I submit her spousal PR application in May/June or needs more time as the marriage happened in April. Have proof of relationship documented for a year which was also submitted during TRV application.
2) Since she would have moved to Canada, is there any specific documents/paper work she needs to prepare now before moving from India which would be needed for submitting the application.
3) For PCC, should that be done from India before moving to Canada or the PCC can be done when one is on a visit Visa in Canada?

Thanks in advance!!!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Yes. You can apply as soon as she is physically in Canada.

2. She cannot move to Canada until her PR has been approved. She will be `visiting' you in Canada, even after she has submitted the sponsorship application. She should familiarize herself with what is called Dual Intent:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/dual-intent-applicants.html

3. IMHO, it's better to do after she has left India, since ordering this before she leaves could lead to IRCC questioning what, if anything, happened before she left that was after the PCC was issued.

Reactions: Shiv_CR7