+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Info Needed!! Health Facility from Day 1?

draviki

Star Member
Apr 24, 2015
Hello friends, need some information.

I'm aware that Ontario province requires minimum 3 months stay for applying for free health services.

I would like to know which provinces in Canada offer Health Services free from day 1?

Kindly help! Thank you.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Have you looked yourself at any other provinces, some for example have minimum residency requirements where you have to continue to reside for a period of time such as BC . Most people are more concerned about settlement prospects, employment , housing and so on given not much use having health coverage if there are no jobs or affordable housing. Just saying

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/after-health.asp

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
draviki said:
Hello friends, need some information.

I'm aware that Ontario province requires minimum 3 months stay for applying for free health services.

I would like to know which provinces in Canada offer Health Services free from day 1?

Kindly help! Thank you.
Be aware that whichever province you select needs to be a province where you are prepared to live for a minimum of 6-8 months after you first arrive. If you arrive in a province, use their health care services and then leave for another province or outside of Canada after a few months, you can expect the first province to go after you for the cost of the services you received since this will be regarded as health care fraud. We've seen this happen to several people on the forum (especially in cases where a pregnancy and child birth was involved). The costs the province makes you repay is always substantially higher than what you would have paid if you had simply paid for the services yourself.