+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indirect routes from India to Canada

saumya2712

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Hi all , creating this thread to discuss about the possible routes from India to Canada till direct flights resume/COVID restrictions ease.

SHIVSHAZ

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
can we transit through uae now? I think opened for Indians now
Via Dubai no. Not sure about Abu Dhabi.
Emirates is not accepting PCR test done at Dubai airport. As per Emirates, Canada is not accepting it and Canada wants u to go outside and get it done but Visitor Visa is not allowed for UAE for Indian citizens.

justanordinaryguy

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2014
Doc's Request.
23-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2014
AOR Received.
13-04-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-05-2015
Interview........
RPRF requested on June 24, 2015 - Paid June 25, 2015
Passport Req..
06-01-2016
LANDED..........
23-01-2016
Has anyone flown from India to Canada recently on a Canadian passport? I am reading conflicting information.

Transport Canada's website says "Transport Canada is also extending the requirement related to third-country pre-departure COVID-19 molecular tests for travellers to Canada from India via an indirect route. This means that passengers who depart India to Canada via an indirect route will continue to be required to obtain a valid COVID-19 pre-departure test from a third country – other than India – before continuing their journey to Canada."

The CBSA's website says "
If you're flying to Canada, you must take a test within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of your flight to Canada. Airlines will refuse boarding to travellers who are unable to provide a valid molecular test result.

• If you have a connecting flight:
    • the test must be conducted within 72 hours of the scheduled departure time of your last direct flight to Canada
    • you may need to schedule the test in your transit city"
If you have travelled, what route did you take from India, and where did you get your PCR test done?

SHIVSHAZ

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
I suppose right now if you have Canadian Passport, Mexico is good option. Those without Canadian PR or Canadian Passport are going via Maldives. For you both options are available.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Via Dubai no. Not sure about Abu Dhabi.
Emirates is not accepting PCR test done at Dubai airport. As per Emirates, Canada is not accepting it and Canada wants u to go outside and get it done but Visitor Visa is not allowed for UAE for Indian citizens.
If one has a valid US visa stamped on a Indian passport, they can get on-arrival visitor visa in Dubai
https://u.ae/en/information-and-services/visa-and-emirates-id/do-you-need-an-entry-permit-or-a-visa-to-enter-the-uae/visa-on-arrival

nitinvgarg

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Mexico is one of the routes. But not sure if one can travel on PRTD.
From the following link which talks about Mexican visa for Indian nationals, I read the excerpt below. PRTD holder is a permanent resident of Canada except they do not have a PR card with them. Would they not be treated as somebody holding PR status in Canada. Moreover the excerpt says anybody holding valid Canadian visa would also be allowed to transit. Is PRTD not a visa?

https://embamex.sre.gob.mx/india/index.php/consulares/visas

::HOLDERS OF U.S.A. CANADA, U.K. AND SCHENGEN VISAS ::

Holders of any valid U.S.A., Canada, Japan, United Kingdom, Schengen visas (any nationality) or permanent residence of U.S.A., Canada, Japan, United Kingdom, Schengen, Pacific Alliance (Colombia, Peru, Chile) DO NOT require a Mexican visa to travel on business, tourism, or transit purpose for or less than 180 days as long as they present any of the mentioned documents at the point of entry.

Immigration authorities keep the right to grant or deny entry to the country. Officials can request information regarding the purpose and length of your trip, as well as the means to cover your expenses while you stay in the country.

SHIVSHAZ

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
From the following link which talks about Mexican visa for Indian nationals, I read the excerpt below. PRTD holder is a permanent resident of Canada except they do not have a PR card with them. Would they not be treated as somebody holding PR status in Canada. Moreover the excerpt says anybody holding valid Canadian visa would also be allowed to transit. Is PRTD not a visa?

https://embamex.sre.gob.mx/india/index.php/consulares/visas

::HOLDERS OF U.S.A. CANADA, U.K. AND SCHENGEN VISAS ::

Holders of any valid U.S.A., Canada, Japan, United Kingdom, Schengen visas (any nationality) or permanent residence of U.S.A., Canada, Japan, United Kingdom, Schengen, Pacific Alliance (Colombia, Peru, Chile) DO NOT require a Mexican visa to travel on business, tourism, or transit purpose for or less than 180 days as long as they present any of the mentioned documents at the point of entry.

Immigration authorities keep the right to grant or deny entry to the country. Officials can request information regarding the purpose and length of your trip, as well as the means to cover your expenses while you stay in the country.
I'm in the same dilemma. I sent an email to the embassy waiting for an answer.