+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian university accepted or not?

Saloni Sangit

Oct 25, 2021
Hey there,,
I have done my bachelors or business of adiministratiion for SABARMATI UNIVERSITY (formerly calorx teachers university), Ahmedabad, Gujarat. . And I want to apply for canada student visa, but many consultants denied me to file my visa on my bachelors and they say that, the following university is blacklisted by canadian immigration and I will get my visa rejected if I do so.
So my question is! Is SABARMATI UNIVERSITY (formerly calorx teachers university) really blacklisted by canadian immigraton ? If yes, please do let me know if it is true.
Eagerly waiting for reply. I hope I get it soon.
Thank you.

Achin.jain9

Jun 12, 2021
Hey there,,
I have done my bachelors or business of adiministratiion for SABARMATI UNIVERSITY (formerly calorx teachers university), Ahmedabad, Gujarat. . And I want to apply for canada student visa, but many consultants denied me to file my visa on my bachelors and they say that, the following university is blacklisted by canadian immigration and I will get my visa rejected if I do so.
So my question is! Is SABARMATI UNIVERSITY (formerly calorx teachers university) really blacklisted by canadian immigraton ? If yes, please do let me know if it is true.
Thank you.
Hi, did you get any exact information about this university's status with the Canada embassy? Do they reject it outright?

Achin.jain9

Jun 12, 2021
It's a recognized private university from UGC. No such thing as blacklisted - as long as it's recognized by UGC officially. If agents are refusing to file, you can apply yourself through Ontario Colleges International Student Portal.
Thanks for the reply. I know that it's a recognised University. I'm just getting the ECA done for that. But, a question arises when we talk of visa approvals. I've seen a few instances where visa officials reject students coming from certain small private universities even after a positive WES/CES report and maybe the OP too had the same doubts. So, I just wanted to know if there is this pattern to reject visa if a student comes from this University too. Would be great if anyone could share their recent experience with getting or not getting a study visa after passing out from this or any other similar private university.
TIA

DesiPikachu

Jan 13, 2021
Thanks for the reply. I know that it's a recognised University. I'm just getting the ECA done for that. But, a question arises when we talk of visa approvals. I've seen a few instances where visa officials reject students coming from certain small private universities even after a positive WES/CES report and maybe the OP too had the same doubts. So, I just wanted to know if there is this pattern to reject visa if a student comes from this University too. Would be great if anyone could share their recent experience with getting or not getting a study visa after passing out from this or any other similar private university.
TIA
If you believe that to be the case you could just do a quick 3-4 month certificate in a relevant field from NPTEL. That'll increase your chances of admission.

Personally I've never seen such a reason for rejection in anyone's GCMS notes. Officers do reject for low grades but I've never heard of rejections because they were from a particular institution.

Reactions: Achin.jain9

Achin.jain9

Jun 12, 2021
If you believe that to be the case you could just do a quick 3-4 month certificate in a relevant field from NPTEL. That'll increase your chances of admission.

Personally I've never seen such a reason for rejection in anyone's GCMS notes. Officers do reject for low grades but I've never heard of rejections because they were from a particular institution.
Alright, thanks for that info. I have 64% in my bachelors from this University with a passing % of 40. Will that be considered low?
I do also have a 2nd bachelors in a different subject completed a few years later from a different Uni. I'm planning to go for masters in the stream of my old degree(i.e. from Sabarmati). I know it complicates the stuff further with justifying my education choices. Does this forum have people who can take a look at my case and give personal consultations? Sorry I'm new here.

RamKrishan

Nov 7, 2020
Hey there,,
Thank you.
What was the Output?

RamKrishan

Nov 7, 2020
Alright, thanks for that info. I have 64% in my bachelors from this University with a passing % of 40. Will that be considered low?
I do also have a 2nd bachelors in a different subject completed a few years later from a different Uni. I'm planning to go for masters in the stream of my old degree(i.e. from Sabarmati). I know it complicates the stuff further with justifying my education choices. Does this forum have people who can take a look at my case and give personal consultations? Sorry I'm new here.
What was the outcome then?