N/A
Passport Req..
01-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
25-10-2016
Hi Experts!
I had an appointment for applying the entry visa with BLS Brampton. I intended to surrender the Indian passport along with the entry visa, but they denied as the appointment was only for visa.

BLS agent recommend converting the entry visa to a tourist visa for which the Indian passport surrendering wasn't needed (as per the agent). Ironically, if you are a walk-in applicant then they allow you to submit both the applications (which makes no sense to me).

Another interesting point is that the Entry Visa is now taking up to 45 days whereas the Tourist Visa is under 30 days. From various sources, I understood that they are pushing for Tourist Visas based on the travel dates.

I had a indirectly family situation (medical related) and I wanted to visit them by end of Sept. With a small kid, I I did not have any choice to come back some other day and do a walk-in application. So I went ahead and submitted the Tourist Visa application with my Canadian passport and without surrendering the Indian passport.

Now I am a little concerned! I am getting mixed information about Tourist visa processing without surrendering Indian passport. If any of you had any experience with this, kindly guide me!

Also has any of you surrendered their passport in India (at the Passport Seva Kendra)? If so how long did it take to get the surrender certificate?

Snoov

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
Hi there! How long did it take for your application to process? Did your visas arrive on tome? C

trampoline2022

Jul 11, 2022
Hi Experts!
I had an appointment for applying the entry visa with BLS Brampton. I intended to surrender the Indian passport along with the entry visa, but they denied as the appointment was only for visa.

BLS agent recommend converting the entry visa to a tourist visa for which the Indian passport surrendering wasn't needed (as per the agent). Ironically, if you are a walk-in applicant then they allow you to submit both the applications (which makes no sense to me).

Another interesting point is that the Entry Visa is now taking up to 45 days whereas the Tourist Visa is under 30 days. From various sources, I understood that they are pushing for Tourist Visas based on the travel dates.

I had a indirectly family situation (medical related) and I wanted to visit them by end of Sept. With a small kid, I I did not have any choice to come back some other day and do a walk-in application. So I went ahead and submitted the Tourist Visa application with my Canadian passport and without surrendering the Indian passport.

Now I am a little concerned! I am getting mixed information about Tourist visa processing without surrendering Indian passport. If any of you had any experience with this, kindly guide me!

Also has any of you surrendered their passport in India (at the Passport Seva Kendra)? If so how long did it take to get the surrender certificate?
Did you get the visa you had applied for without the surrender certificate?