+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Students - Visa Applied Online In November & Waiting - Comment Down Below

trickshot555

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
GUYS I GOT IT!

Paper application submitted on 17th November. Received today (5th December). Applied at VFS Ahmedabad, processed at Bangalore.

After fall intake nightmare where i applied in July and waited for 1 and a half months only to have rejected it 2 days after class started (Sep 9), I'm so glad to have finally got it! To anyone who gets rejected for - "Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light" reason, please for gods sake dont lose hope and feel depressed. Apply for your CAIPS notes (explains the reasons why you were rejected) and make a strong SOP of which the 1st page should be the CAIPS notes reason of rejection and line by line breakdown contesting the reasons why you were rejected.

apoorvab

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Trickshot- will you be able to shed some light on what you included in your SOP and what the main reason was?

I applied for my study permit on the 23rd of Nov and got my rejection letter this morning. The reason was "your proposed studies are not reasonable in the light of one or more of; your qualifications, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects".

I have a BA Hons from York University in Communication Studies and I had applied for an Ontario post graduate certificate at Seneca College which needs me to have a Bachelor's degree. I know the problem is not my language abilities because I wasn't required to submit any language test scores. Can anyone help me with this?
I would like to re-apply but I don't think I will have time to wait for the GCMS notes as my program starts in Jan.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

trickshot555

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
apoorvab said:
Trickshot- will you be able to shed some light on what you included in your SOP and what the main reason was?

I applied for my study permit on the 23rd of Nov and got my rejection letter this morning. The reason was "your proposed studies are not reasonable in the light of one or more of; your qualifications, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects".

I have a BA Hons from York University in Communication Studies and I had applied for an Ontario post graduate certificate at Seneca College which needs me to have a Bachelor's degree. I know the problem is not my language abilities because I wasn't required to submit any language test scores. Can anyone help me with this?
I would like to re-apply but I don't think I will have time to wait for the GCMS notes as my program starts in Jan.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Apoorva check my detailed advice here-
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/student-visa-rejection-for-jan-2017-intake-t463938.0.html;msg5623734#msg5623734

Which course in Seneca specifically? I was rejected for Seneca earlier and applied again for Seneca this time with a letter from my program coordinator and I'm sure that was one reason why I got my study permit accepted this time.

sandhu_bs

Dec 5, 2016
trickshot555 said:
GUYS I GOT IT!

Paper application submitted on 17th November. Received today (5th December).

After fall intake nightmare where i applied in July and waited for 1 and a half months only to have rejected it 2 days after class started (Sep 9), I'm so glad to have finally got it! To anyone who gets rejected for - "Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light" reason, please for gods sake dont lose hope and feel depressed. Apply for your CAIPS notes (explains the reasons why you were rejected) and make a strong SOP of which the 1st page should be the CAIPS notes reason of rejection and line by line breakdown contesting the reasons why you were rejected.
where did u apply from?

apoorvab

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Trickshot- I applied for Event Marketing. I think I will be able to get a letter from the program coordinator- can I re-apply with just that and not include the CAIPS notes? I am only asking because the intake is Jan 2017 and I would like to apply sooner rather than later or do the VOs like to see the CAIPS notes included in the SOP?

sandhu_bs

Dec 5, 2016
trickshot555 said:
VFS Ahmedabad- Processed in Bangalore.
when did ur cic account showed Medical Status as passed?

and how much time will it take after medical is passed??

I have applied paper based application in chandigarh

trickshot555

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
apoorvab said:
Trickshot- I applied for Event Marketing. I think I will be able to get a letter from the program coordinator- can I re-apply with just that and not include the CAIPS notes? I am only asking because the intake is Jan 2017 and I would like to apply sooner rather than later or do the VOs like to see the CAIPS notes included in the SOP?
Communication Studies > Event Marketing is good. Assuming your academics is strong, I guess your SOP was very weak and did not justify the course well. Imo contact your program coordinator and ask for the letter and try again for this intake. MOVE QUICK. If you get rejected again then give up for this intake, ask for your caips note and see if you need to apply again in Fall. Seneca allows a deferral for the next intake due to visa rejection. Get the caips notes regardless, because it will help if you ever want to travel to canada/america (business/travel/student).

sandhu_bs said:
when did ur cic account showed Medical Status as passed?

and how much time will it take after medical is passed??

I have applied paper based application in chandigarh
Sorry, I gave my medicals at a hospital nearby long before applying even in Fall using my offer letter. I gave it in June I think. Also I applied in paper application so I have no cic account and I did not tie paper to online account so I have no further info on this.

apoorvab

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I actually did not include a SOP- i assume that's a study plan of sorts.

What are some key factors to include in the letter? I imagine they are intent, reason of choosing this particular program, what I hope to get out of it and how it will help me in the future. Anything I am missing here?

Trickshot- thank you so much for your invaluable help. I am feeling very dejected right now and your advice is a great morale booster.

trickshot555

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
apoorvab said:
I actually did not include a SOP- i assume that's a study plan of sorts.

What are some key factors to include in the letter? I imagine they are intent, reason of choosing this particular program, what I hope to get out of it and how it will help me in the future. Anything I am missing here?

Trickshot- thank you so much for your invaluable help. I am feeling very dejected right now and your advice is a great morale booster.
Yes and it usually at the head of your file. Reapply with a strong SOP and you should get through. Write 5-10 lines on each topic here and try not to cross 3 pages. No one will read more than that. Heres what my SOP basically containted-

Code:
To,
Canadian High Commission
 Subject: Study Permit Application: Passport No. xyz - (name)

Respected VISA Officer,
<<intro paragraph>>

My Previous Education:
10th info with %, 12th info with %, previous college information and experience and what you learned from there.

Work Experience:
(if applicable) Where and for how long - short information. Explain any backlogs/free periods here if you have any.

Why is this Skill Enhancement Required?
Explain why youre doing this course.

Why Education in Canada?
Explain why Canada over America or Ireland, etc.

Why Seneca College and Why the Course?
Explain why Seneca over other Canadian institutes. Why that course makes sense, etc.

My Future Plans:
Explain what you'd do after completing the program. Any plans to work or study. AVOID WRITING ABOUT CANADIAN JOB PROSPECTS- its a sensitive issue. What can really help here is showing offer letters from companies in India showing that you can work here in India after studying this course.

Best Regards,
<<your name>>
Also, since you are applying again, I highly recommend you start your SOP like this. I wrote something like this with the help of my visa consultancy before applying again. Mine was different because I had caips notes but it was something like this -

Code:
To,
Canadian High Commission
Subject: Study Permit Application: Passport No. xyz - (your name)

Respected VISA Officer,
I am reapplying for a study permit to pursue abc course at pqr college. After receiving the refusal I was very disappointed and believe that I was rejected because I did not include a Statement of Purpose (SOP) in my last attempt. I apologise for my over confidence and would like to justify the reasons for this permit as follows-

Why Seneca College and Why the Course?
Explain why Seneca over other Canadian institutes. Why that course makes sense, etc.

Why is this Skill Enhancement Required?
Explain why youre doing this course.

Why Education in Canada?
Explain why Canada over America or Ireland, etc.

My Future Plans:
Explain what you'd do after completing the program. Any plans to work or study. AVOID WRITING ABOUT CANADIAN JOB PROSPECTS- its a sensitive issue. What can really help here is showing offer letters from companies in India showing that you can work here in India after studying this course.

In the past-
My Previous Education:
10th info with %, 12th info with %, previous college information and experience and what you learned from there.

Work Experience:
(if applicable) Where and for how long - short information. Explain any backlogs/free periods here if you have any.

Best Regards,
<<your name>>
Put special emphasis on Why Seneca, why the course, why skill enhancement, why education in canada and future plans. These few paragraphs should be your key info. Do not forget to replace the abc, xyz, pqr before sending it lol.

And do not thank me for the help. I was very low having being rejected back in September and I know how you feel. I spent months lying at home reading info and figuring the best possible way to apply again and I'm glad to share this information in the hopes that it helps anyone reading this.

Cheers :)

apoorvab

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
trickshot- THANK YOU so much! This great and very much appreciated.

Which program in Seneca did you apply for? I emailed my program office and they said they cannot provide any other letter except admission letter and receipt of payment. Any idea how to proceed?

trickshot555

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
apoorvab said:
trickshot- THANK YOU so much! This great and very much appreciated.

Which program in Seneca did you apply for? I emailed my program office and they said they cannot provide any other letter except admission letter and receipt of payment. Any idea how to proceed?
I applied for an animation course in Seneca@York. Call your program coordinator tonight, talk to him and explain your situation. My coordinator was very helpful and immediately sent me a document in Seneca letterhead and his details stating that he has reviewed my portfolio and background details and that I have the correct training and experience to excel in my program.

Dec 5, 2016
hey guys i am arafath khan and i have applied for the student visa for canada 2017 intake (jan)
my visa documents were submitted in the delhi vfs office on 18th nov and till date its 6th december approx 19 days have passed on
i havent received any details about my visa status
i am very nervous and frustated
only 24 days left for my colllege to begin
oh god plz help.

trickshot555

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
ARAFATH-starlord said:
hey guys i am arafath khan and i have applied for the student visa for canada 2017 intake (jan)
my visa documents were submitted in the delhi vfs office on 18th nov and till date its 6th december approx 19 days have passed on
i havent received any details about my visa status
i am very nervous and frustated
only 24 days left for my colllege to begin
oh god plz help.
Be patient. It is minimum 2 weeks for online applications and 3 weeks for paper applications. Let this week end atleast.