+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Police Clearance Certificate

rdesai

Aug 30, 2018
USA
Hello Everyone,

I am in a tough situation.
I am currently residing in the US, and I visited the Indian Embassy in Washington DC to get my Indian PCC. They told me that they did not have my data in their system and asked me to fill Performa for verification of nationality status/antecedents form. Moreover, they said it would 30 days to get the certificate as they will send my details to Police station in India where I live and get verification from there.

I thought of getting a PCC from India itself as I could get it from an Indian Police station.

Would a PCC from India work or does it needs to be from Indian Embassy from US as I reside out of India.

PS - My deadline to submit documents is November 5 and I do not know if Indian Embassy would provide the PCC by that time.

Thanks

Last edited:

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I am in a tough situation.
I am currently residing in the US, and I visited the Indian Embassy in Washington DC to get my Indian PCC. They told me that they did not have my data in their system and asked me to fill Performa for verification of nationality status/antecedents form. Moreover, they said it would 30 days to get the certificate as they will send my details to Police station in India where I live and get verification from there.

I thought of getting a PCC from India itself as I have some contacts who can help me to get it from an Indian Police station.

Would a PCC from India work or does it needs to be from Indian Embassy from US as I reside out of India.

PS - My deadline to submit documents is November 5 and I do not know if Indian Embassy would provide the PCC by that time.

Thanks
It’s better to have it from embassy although some members on forum have had luck with submitting PCC from police station in India. I would say apply at embassy you can show the receipt from embassy and ask for more time for submission from IRCC.

Also, please note those 30 days are 30 working days so it will take minimum 6 weeks.

rdesai

Aug 30, 2018
USA
It’s better to have it from embassy although some members on forum have had luck with submitting PCC from police station in India. I would say apply at embassy you can show the receipt from embassy and ask for more time for submission from IRCC.

Also, please note those 30 days are 30 working days so it will take minimum 6 weeks.
Thanks for response.
The issue is that Indian Embassy does not provide any receipt for application.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
No they did not say anything. Here in Washington DC they only accept cash/money order in person and do not provide any receipt.
They will provide a receipt for the money you pay. The receipt will also be needed when you go and pick PCC.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
No they did not say anything. Here in Washington DC they only accept cash/money order in person and do not provide any receipt.
In any case you don't have an option you will have to apply for PCC at the consulate. If they don't provide receipt insist on it. They will have to provide.

Also, what is your RPO in India?

rdesai

Aug 30, 2018
USA
In any case you don't have an option you will have to apply for PCC at the consulate. If they don't provide receipt insist on it. They will have to provide.

Also, what is your RPO in India?
They will provide a receipt for the money you pay. The receipt will also be needed when you go and pick PCC.
There is no pickup option. They send it through mail and the receipt is delivered with the mail.
My RPO is Surat, Gujarat. Should I reach India RPO about this?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
There is no pickup option. They send it through mail and the receipt is delivered with the mail.
My RPO is Surat, Gujarat. Should I reach India RPO about this?
You can reach out to Surat rpo once you have applied for pcc at embassy and try and speed things up.