+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Police Clearance Certificate for Non-Indians - Work Permit

Krishnasg

Jun 23, 2013
Hello all

I am stuck in a very odd scenario i reckon. Originally i am from India , but went to work in Australia and got PR and then Acquired Citizenship. As of now i don't hold any Indian Citizenship. I got an job offer from Canada and applying for work visa , the Canadian immigration is asking me to submit Police Clearance Certificate for all the countries i lived since 16. I left to Australia when i was 23 in 1998.

Getting PCC (Police Clearance Certificate) for Australia and Singapore is a breeze , but trying to get PCC from India is extremely frustrating. Following are the issues.

1. To get Indian PCC , i need to have valid Indian Passport , which i dont have.
2. I couldn't find any process or procedures on how to obtain PCC for the period 1991 - 1998. I do have my old passport as a document , thats about it..

So my question is , how can i get PCC for the period between 1991 - 1998..

Any feedback appreciated.

Hattami

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-10-2014
IELTS Request
sent with the application, SLU: 08-08-2015
Med's Request
19-08-2015
Med's Done....
25-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Soon inshaa Allah
Dear friends,

Please let me know what you did regarding getting the Indian PCC for non Indians non residents?
Did you apply for a waiver or got an exemption from their side?

Please explaine.

I want to get one for the period I lived between 2008 and 2009, in case it is requested by LVO.

Appreciate your guidance.

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bros.. just pay money and pcc from India. Easy as bro:)

Singhsask

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 aug 2014
Doc's Request.
Na
Nomination.....
Na
AOR Received.
Na
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Done....
Pre
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Hi guys , its not that hard to get police clearance u guys need to send someone known to u r area police station to get certificate ! Now in punjab we hv NRI wing they do all this work ! May be give some bribe to done it fast ! May this help :)

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Krishnasg said:
Hello all

I am stuck in a very odd scenario i reckon. Originally i am from India , but went to work in Australia and got PR and then Acquired Citizenship. As of now i don't hold any Indian Citizenship. I got an job offer from Canada and applying for work visa , the Canadian immigration is asking me to submit Police Clearance Certificate for all the countries i lived since 16. I left to Australia when i was 23 in 1998.

Getting PCC (Police Clearance Certificate) for Australia and Singapore is a breeze , but trying to get PCC from India is extremely frustrating. Following are the issues.

1. To get Indian PCC , i need to have valid Indian Passport , which i dont have.
2. I couldn't find any process or procedures on how to obtain PCC for the period 1991 - 1998. I do have my old passport as a document , thats about it..

So my question is , how can i get PCC for the period between 1991 - 1998..

Any feedback appreciated.
If you currently do not have Indian citizenship. According to law, you shouldn't be even able to get it. I would recommend you to discuss your case with Indian High commission in Australia and they are the right people to talk. Dont talk to Indian high commission in India. Rather go talk in Indian high commission in Australia.

Krishnasg

Jun 23, 2013
robbiefernando said:
Hi Mate,

I am stuck in the same position. How did you manage to get an indian police clearance ?

cheers
It might be late .. I went to India spend their 2 weeks ran from pillar to post , got the paper work.. Surprisingly , Chennai police commission office in Egmore was super helpful and have a very good process to address this situation.