Indian PCC

vishvajeet

Star Member
May 21, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Govt. ID card should suffice. I submitted my wife's BCID, which was accepted. Bank statements were also accepted by Vancouver office.

sam2489

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
Govt. ID card should suffice. I submitted my wife's BCID, which was accepted. Bank statements were also accepted by Vancouver office.
Thanks, but i will be applying from Toronto.

Anyone recently applied from Toronto here ?

Is walk-in will do or I have to arrange for a Purolator post service ?

khalsa.pradeepsingh

Star Member
May 4, 2019
No i can not use sin num as address proof.
U cn use ur phone bill if u have
If bls is taking walkin application u can go. Otherwise call them n they will create pickup n drop off req for u.

If its walkin application it will save apprx 15 days

RajdeepC

Jul 14, 2016
Hi everyone!

I am very confused about the whole BLS process for getting an Indian PCC, I have been trying to get a human on phone but it is impossible and the emails to them go unanswered. I would really appreciate if someone could answer these questions, thanks in advance:

1. On the BLS Police Certificate Checklist (https://www.blsindia-canada.com/CanadaVisaCCT/Ottawa-PCC-checklist-June-2019.pdf ) it says "Purpose and Document for seeking PCC must be ascertained, official communication from the Concerned authorities" does this mean that I have to submit a doc from CIC saying why I need a PCC?

2. What is the exact amount of money I have to pay them (I am planing to mail in my application)?

So I have to pay: $34 (Consular fee) + $3 (Consular Surcharge) + $7.40 (BLS Fee) + Courier to Drop Off Appl ($20) Courier Fee Schedule Here (https://www.blsindia-canada.com/forms/CanadaVas.pdf.png). Is there any other fee that I have to pay them?

And on their website it says 'Download Purlator Label', I don't know what it means, do I have to generate a purlator label after I submit my application or what? Thanks a lot for any insights you may have.

I have the same issues. So for your first question regarding the Purpose and Document, BLS specifically told me I need to get a letter or a document from CIC which mentions why they need the PCC. This doesn't make any sense to me, because you are supposed to attach the PCC in the initial PR application itself. I asked them whether I can attach the Doc Checklist mentioning they need a PCC, they said no.

Since your post is from June I am assuming you already went about it. What process did you try?

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
I have the same issues. So for your first question regarding the Purpose and Document, BLS specifically told me I need to get a letter or a document from CIC which mentions why they need the PCC. This doesn't make any sense to me, because you are supposed to attach the PCC in the initial PR application itself. I asked them whether I can attach the Doc Checklist mentioning they need a PCC, they said no.

Since your post is from June I am assuming you already went about it. What process did you try?
Hello! I am not sure if this is to late.

Answers as follows:

1. I had to submit my ITA.
2. Total Fees that I paid - $34 (Consular fee) + $3 (Consular Surcharge) + $7.40 (BLS Fee).
3. I shipped to Purolator myself, didn't bother to try to reach them through phone again and again. Just go on Purolator website and book a courier.
For the return courier, I went to their website and there is an option for booking a return courier. (Google something like BLS Book return courier).
I paid the 20 or 30 dollars (don't remember exactly how much) and then they gave me receipt, I attached the receipt in my application to them.

I had to mail in my application because due to COVID they were only accepting mail in applications. The best is to go to them in person. They will tell you right away if something is missing.

Hope it helps!

indhillon

Feb 7, 2021
I have submitted by PCC application via Purolator on 26th January to BLS Brampton. My India address in based in Mumbai and its' the same address as mentioned on my current passport (We have lived there for last ten years except last six months since we moved to Canada).

Is there any way for checking status of my PCC application? Also kindly let me know what are the various steps/status of PCC processing.

Also based on the similar experience, how many days should i expect to get my PCC?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

sam2489

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
I have submitted by PCC application via Purolator on 26th January to BLS Brampton. My India address in based in Mumbai and its' the same address as mentioned on my current passport.

Is there any way for checking status of my PCC application? Also kindly let me know what are the various steps/status of PCC processing.

Also based on the similar experience, how many days should i expect to get my PCC?

Thanks in advance.
you can always check the status by logging into your passportportal india govt url.

Also, you track the same in BLS website.

Processing time 30-45 days.

indhillon

Feb 7, 2021
you can always check the status by logging into your passportportal india govt url.

Also, you track the same in BLS website.

Processing time 30-45 days.
Thanks Sam for your reply. I tried to check on BLS website and its mentioning record not found and while checking on passport portal its mentioning status as "PCC application form has been submitted"

Can you kindly let me know what search criteria i need to mention on BLS website for application type since they dont have PCC application there.

Thanks again.

indhillon

Feb 7, 2021
Thanks Sam for your reply. I tried to check on BLS website and its mentioning record not found and while checking on passport portal its mentioning status as "PCC application form has been submitted"

Can you kindly let me know what search criteria i need to mention on BLS website for application type since they dont have PCC application there.

Thanks again.
Today status have been updated on BLS website as well on passport portal. So lead time of 9 working days to get first update on BLS website. Thanks.

nicck99

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Guys can anyone help me out ??

My documents are delivered to BLS brampton office on feb 2,2021 for PCC after that i didnt get any email by bls regarding confirmation or any tracking ?
How would i know my file is started yet or whats going on