+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian PCC

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
Hey guyz my dad is in police in india so he applied my Police clearance in India. Do i just need scanned coloured copy of PCC ?
Not sure if you can do that if you are here. CIC may need this pcc issued from indian embassy if applicant is living outside of india. However, i would suggest to check with experts or cic.

Reactions: Ravz@

Ravz@

Star Member
May 8, 2020
Not sure if you can do that if you are here. CIC may need this pcc issued from indian embassy if applicant is living outside of india. However, i would suggest to check with experts or cic.
M in canada .. express entry candidate .. i didnt apply through BLS office. My dad directly apply from india and they got verification inquiry there coz its the same process... so my question is do we need original letter by international post or scanned coloured copy is fine?

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
M in canada .. express entry candidate .. i didnt apply through BLS office. My dad directly apply from india and they got verification inquiry there coz its the same process... so my question is do we need original letter by international post or scanned coloured copy is fine?
Did you applied thru PSK office or local police station.

Friend123

Star Member
Apr 6, 2018
Yes I am in Canada, I received my police verification email on 30th May and today the officer went to my home back in India for verification purpose and said he will transfer the details to SP office and they will further send it back to Toronto consulate.
but keep in mind, the verification process will vary from city to city. The rural areas is gonna take alot more time as compared to metro cities.
Hope it helps.
Hi harsh can you plz share me the timeline ?

rishi07690J

May 14, 2020
Thats good news, mine verification was initiated on 29 May and still haven’t heard anything, but it really depends on area to area, now I don’t expect those people there in India to do this verification quickly as they are simply same as here in Toronto (BLS and consulate) such a lazy people just simply don’t wanna work
Has anyone idea about the process? Like, from Consulate, does it go directly to Police station or file goes to Commissioner/SP office?? Or they send it directly to regional passport office?? I am really wondering no clue at all how they do it.

There should be some portal to track it on, so that we can contact & get the status. I tried contacting police station they are saying they haven't got any such application. I am really worried about it now.

rishi07690J

May 14, 2020
Has anyone idea about the process? Like, from Consulate, does it go directly to Police station or file goes to Commissioner/SP office?? Or they send it directly to regional passport office?? I am really wondering no clue at all how they do it.

There should be some portal to track it on, so that we can contact & get the status. I tried contacting police station they are saying they haven't got any such application. I am really worried about it now.
My police verification has initiated on June 5th.

Ravz@

Star Member
May 8, 2020
Hey guyz my dad is in police in india and i am in canada ( waiting for Ita) so he got my pcc from india today and send me a original picture scanned with cam-scanner . Can i print that or i need original from india through post?

Rick2212

May 4, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Hey guyz my dad is in police in india and i am in canada ( waiting for Ita) so he got my pcc from india today and send me a original picture scanned with cam-scanner . Can i print that or i need original from india through post?
Scan copy is fine.

akgpandey

Apr 21, 2020
Thaku for ur reply .. that PCC is from local police station signed by Sr. Supdt. Of police as i am from Punjab
Did you checked latest requirements on cic website. I guess they removed such exceptions for people of punjab and delhi. Now they mentioned only PSK. May be you would like to check and confirm.

Friend123

Star Member
Apr 6, 2018
Yesterday police called my in law for verification and this is for my husband .
Timeline is
Submitted to bls : may 18
Status changed from bls to consulate: may 19
Current status : under process

On June 2 Nd we got an email police verification initiated.

But still I dint get any in person police visit for my application

vishvajeet

Star Member
May 21, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
An update on my PCC application:
June 2nd : Police verification initiated.
Next week, I sent couple of emails to SP office with my father's contact info (as the number I had given was with me in Canada).
They contacted my father but were unsure of what I needed, I called them and they said they didn't receive any request for police verification.

I got in contact with CGI vancouver and they gave me PV request id, basically its in the format : (file_id)-PPF-PCC and said we cant do much but wait for police verification.

June 11th : I gave the PV request id to police station and they were able to find my police verification request (yayy!!).

I feel like I am working in government office trying to connect the dots. Hoping to get my PCC before June 30th.

Rick2212

May 4, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
An update on my PCC application:
June 2nd : Police verification initiated.
Next week, I sent couple of emails to SP office with my father's contact info (as the number I had given was with me in Canada).
They contacted my father but were unsure of what I needed, I called them and they said they didn't receive any request for police verification.

I got in contact with CGI vancouver and they gave me PV request id, basically its in the format : (file_id)-PPF-PCC and said we cant do much but wait for police verification.

June 11th : I gave the PV request id to police station and they were able to find my police verification request (yayy!!).

I feel like I am working in government office trying to connect the dots. Hoping to get my PCC before June 30th.
Thanks for the information.
My Police verification initiated on 3 june.
Today my father went to the police station and they said we didn't receive any request for police verification.

vishvajeet

Star Member
May 21, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Thanks for the information.
My Police verification initiated on 3 june.
Today my father went to the police station and they said we didn't receive any request for police verification.
Ask them to look into their system with the Request id / file number, also mail the SP office. I think the police stations are not aware of this process, I had to explain what the process is and what I need and what they need to do.