+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian PCC Letter of explanation

rojomojo

May 18, 2020
Hey Fam,

I see a lot of us are in the same boat, waiting for the stupid PCC. If only the Indian consulate did their job a little faster, we would not be having panic attacks everyday.
As my ITA expires in 20 days and there is no way i will receive me police verification in time, what should I upload under Police Certificate? I sent my documents today by purolator.
Would uploading the receipt of Purolator will be enough along with a LOE? Or should I upload anything else?

Thank you for the help!
Be strong, we all dealing with this shit!

Passport Kendra website is HORRIBLE! I registered there and now it says the user is not registered. What am i supposed to do now?

Last edited:
Reactions: Varun Gopi

Varun Gopi

May 15, 2020
Hey Fam,

I see a lot of us are in the same boat, waiting for the stupid PCC. If only the Indian consulate did their job a little faster, we would not be having panic attacks everyday.
As my ITA expires in 20 days and there is no way i will receive me police verification in time, what should I upload under Police Certificate? I sent my documents today by purolator.
Would uploading the receipt of Purolator will be enough along with a LOE? Or should I upload anything else?

Thank you for the help!

Passport Kendra website is HORRIBLE! I registered there and now it says the user is not registered. What am i supposed to do now?
Hey, I also have the same question.
I have received a PCC 4 years ago before moving to Canada for studies. And then I have not lived in Indian for 6 months in a row. So I doubt if I can submit the same old PCC.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

If someone knows about it please give an update.

NaineshPatel

Apr 15, 2020
Hey Fam,

Thank you for the help!

Call CIC Call Centre

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Hey, I also have the same question.
I have received a PCC 4 years ago before moving to Canada for studies. And then I have not lived in Indian for 6 months in a row. So I doubt if I can submit the same old PCC.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

If someone knows about it please give an update.
Technically, you were a resident of India when you got that PCC, so it wouldn't have been valid for more than 6 months from the date it was issued.

However, if you got that PCC while you were a Canadian resident, it would have been valid as long as you did not return to India for a stay longer than 6 months.

If I were you, I would include a letter of explanation describing my best efforts to get a PCC and show some proof, like the acknowledgment email from BLS.

IRCC has made it clear they are not gonna refuse applications due to missing documents (as a result of COVID-19), but the onus is on you to prove that you made reasonable efforts to submit all the documents. You can only do that by explaining it on a LOE.

rya87

Dec 21, 2023
Dear experts am in a limbo, i lived in india as a refugee for 4 years without any criminal record and for those who understand india you are not allowed to work or do anything. now am requesting a ppc from india embassy in Sudan but they embassy responded after 4 months that they are unable to isssue ppc because i over stayed 4 years and defaulted penalty and my name blacklisted and as such they cant issue ppc . now irrc is requesting please i need advice