+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian PCC for non-Indians

heatherp

Jul 17, 2019
Hi Forum,

Does anyone have the experience of obtaining Indian police clearance certificate as a foreigner? My partner and I are Chinese citizens currently living in India. The Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO) website provides this service, but they require a letter from the embassy/mission I'm applying visa to, which means IRCC I guess.

I know that there is an option to upload a letter in the PCC field that basically says "I'm in a country that requires a request letter from IRCC for the PCC", but does this really work? Or should I simply go to the local police station and ask them?

Thanks a lot!

sao_18

Star Member
May 5, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
04-07-2019
Med's Done....
31-07-2019
Passport Req..
02-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2019
Yes that works ...Once you receive the IRCC letter you may show it to FRRO and obtain PCC . However if by any other means you could get it ..Try it as this might save your time ...

Reactions: heatherp

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hi Forum,

Does anyone have the experience of obtaining Indian police clearance certificate as a foreigner? My partner and I are Chinese citizens currently living in India. The Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO) website provides this service, but they require a letter from the embassy/mission I'm applying visa to, which means IRCC I guess.

I know that there is an option to upload a letter in the PCC field that basically says "I'm in a country that requires a request letter from IRCC for the PCC", but does this really work? Or should I simply go to the local police station and ask them?

Thanks a lot!
You can fill this letter and submit it for your PCC application.
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/pc_lettera_e.pdf

This is acceptable, I had got mine after I had submitted this.

Reactions: heatherp

anusiya

Feb 6, 2015
You can fill this letter and submit it for your PCC application.
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/pc_lettera_e.pdf

This is acceptable, I had got mine after I had submitted this.
Hi

Do we need to Register in FRRO to avail this? I haven't registered with FRRO but I had registered with local police statison

How many days does they take to issue the PCC.

Could you please share ur Sample PCC

Thanks

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hi

Do we need to Register in FRRO to avail this? I haven't registered with FRRO but I had registered with local police statison

Thanks
If you are a foreigner, residing in India, you can apply directly at the local police station, where you have registered yourself.

Issuance of PCC depends on how much time the police takes to conduct the field verification (which is usually approx 7 working days). Generally, you get the PCC in one or two working days after your field verification.

Since, I am resident of Delhi and citizen of India, I had applied online and was given my PCC in 11 calendar days.

Sample PCC, which you get online : https://gofile.io/?c=460qBo. Except that it will have the address of the embassy, and that the purpose of the PCC is for emigration.

anusiya

Feb 6, 2015
If you are a foreigner, residing in India, you can apply directly at the local police station, where you have registered yourself.

Issuance of PCC depends on how much time the police takes to conduct the field verification (which is usually approx 7 working days). Generally, you get the PCC in one or two working days after your field verification.

Since, I am resident of Delhi and citizen of India, I had applied online and was given my PCC in 11 calendar days.

Sample PCC, which you get online : https://gofile.io/?c=460qBo. Except that it will have the address of the embassy, and that the purpose of the PCC is for emigration.
Thanks for your response. But I already checked with local police station they told to check with FRRO office. But I haven't registered with FRRO.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Thanks for your response. But I already checked with local police station they told to check with FRRO office. But I haven't registered with FRRO.
Follow their directions. Go to FRRO, and ask for the procedure on PCC, if they require you to register with them, first, then do that.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
I know it's not the best advice or legal, but the most efficient way to get stuff done from Delhi police is offering a express service fee.

mschox

Jul 27, 2019
Hi everyone.please advise,I lived in India as a student about four years back and during that time I had overstayed due to too many back papers in my exams and that was taken to court and charged fine:and I think they have kept records.will it hurt my chances of PR...I need it is so bad,please help,

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hi everyone.please advise,I lived in India as a student about four years back and during that time I had overstayed due to too many back papers in my exams and that was taken to court and charged fine:and I think they have kept records.will it hurt my chances of PR...I need it is so bad,please help,
You should be able to get your pcc without any problems. In your PR application however, you would mention that you have overstayed in a country and that will likely invite close scrutiny. Hopefully you will be able to provide the same explanation with evidence to back it up. Not replying truthfully is fraud and will definitely lead to refusal https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/protect-fraud/document-misrepresentation.html

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Were you deported from India? I am assuming No. *

If you are asked whether you overstayed in a country? You need to mention yes.

If you are asked whether you were deported or removed forcefully from a country, you need to mention No. *

As long as you are honest with your application, you do not hurt the chances of your PR, you hurt it, if you do not acknowledge a visa refusal, overstay, ban on entry to a country or a criminal record. Note: Overstaying in India is a criminal offence, you might have a criminal record in India. However, it won't hurt your chances of Canadian PR, as longas you acknowledge it and mention it.

perry001

Dec 30, 2012
Hi

Thanks
Did u get PCC if yes please tell me procedure and how much time it takes??

anusiya

Feb 6, 2015
Hi ,

I have another issue for PCC here. I came as a dependent children in my Mother's passport in 1999. After that I got my Passport in Sri Lanka High Commission in Chennai,

Now the Problem is FRRO has only one field for Passport Number and Visa in Mandatory.

should I mention my Mother's Passport No which has the Visa through which we entered India in 1999 or my new passport number which is blank I have overstayed in India for 21 years but I have Registered myself in the Zone Police station from the time I entered India?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,
Anu

Reactions: sharmi143

sharmi143

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
NOC B