+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian PCC - Chennai - How long does it take to get PCC with police verification needed?

Karthikaa

Apr 22, 2017
Today I went to PSK Tambaram for getting PCC and was given "await PV (Police Verification)". Both my passport address and my current address are same. If both address are same, I have heard people getting PCC in same day. But Unfortunately, I was given for police verification needed. Anyone had the same experience? Also, anyone who went through police verification for getting police clearance certificate, Could you please let me know how long does it take to get PCC in this case ?

chemEmanju

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
16-05-2017
it takes about a week not more than that.
I am from chennai too, are you applying PR by yourself or through consultancy?

Karthikaa

Apr 22, 2017
it takes about a week not more than that.
I am from chennai too, are you applying PR by yourself or through consultancy?
Yes I am applying by myself. Yet to start the documents. First thought of taking PCC and I didn't expect that police verification was needed. Also, let me know does anyone from police station will call you that when they are coming home for verification ? Did you underwent police verification? If so, let me know you timelines ?

Karthikaa

Apr 22, 2017
Usually the same day. But if you show attitude or behave in a condescending way they will return the favor.
Actually, they were calling my name 2 times and i was seeing the screen waiting for my token number to turn up on the screen. And that lady in C1 counter was yelling why did you come when we called. It was not even 5 seconds over since they called my name. I just went there and told i was waiting for my number on the screen. I was sitting right there. Not more than 1 minute it took for me to go near C1 counter :( I didn't show any attitude. apart from this. Not my day i guess :(

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Actually, they were calling my name 2 times and i was seeing the screen waiting for my token number to turn up on the screen. And that lady in C1 counter was yelling why did you come when we called. It was not even 5 seconds over since they called my name. I just went there and told i was waiting for my number on the screen. I was sitting right there. Not more than 1 minute it took for me to go near C1 counter :( I didn't show any attitude. apart from this. Not my day i guess :(
What did the passport officer tell you?

Karthikaa

Apr 22, 2017
What did the passport officer tell you?
She just wrote "AWAIT PV" in my application and handed the papers to me. Then, I asked the staff nearby they told after police verification is over, you will get a message and then you can come and collect the PCC without an appointment.

walkinthe_woods

Sep 7, 2018
She just wrote "AWAIT PV" in my application and handed the papers to me. Then, I asked the staff nearby they told after police verification is over, you will get a message and then you can come and collect the PCC without an appointment.
I had the same experience last month in Pune. I needed a PV because my passport was not issued in India (that's the reason they gave me). The officer told me PV would take a week, but I dug up some old threads on this forum in which people complained that it actually takes a month even though officially it's supposed to take a week. Since I already had an ITA, I panicked and got a "tatkal" PV. Took an evening!

Karthikaa

Apr 22, 2017
I had the same experience last month in Pune. I needed a PV because my passport was not issued in India (that's the reason they gave me). The officer told me PV would take a week, but I dug up some old threads on this forum in which people complained that it actually takes a month even though officially it's supposed to take a week. Since I already had an ITA, I panicked and got a "tatkal" PV. Took an evening!
Ohh ok ! First time hearing about TATKAL for PV ! I just contacted the police officer who comes for verification. He told me that we will come on Saturday or Sunday. So I am waiting for the procedure to continue. Or right at the moment should I apply again through tatkal?

walkinthe_woods

Sep 7, 2018
Disclaimer: I put quotes around the word "tatkal" because it was an under-the-table transaction with an agent outside the PSK (if you catch my drift). Not the best choice if you have strong ethical values:D

In any case, sounds like you've got the ball rolling, so you can carry on with the procedure if you don't mind waiting for a week!

Karthikaa

Apr 22, 2017
Disclaimer: I put quotes around the word "tatkal" because it was an under-the-table transaction with an agent outside the PSK (if you catch my drift). Not the best choice if you have strong ethical values:D

In any case, sounds like you've got the ball rolling, so you can carry on with the procedure if you don't mind waiting for a week!
Ah ha ! I got it now about what TATKAL you are mentioning :D :D As you said, waiting for a week doesn't matter much for me. Hopefully would get it within a week.

rajsrini

Mar 25, 2018
Applied and got PCC from Tambaram PSK in Aug 2018. While they did PV for me, they gave PCC for my wife immediately when she went 3 days later. My PV was completed in 3 days. On the second day after applying I was called to station, had to spend few hundreds. I think they randomly initiate PV.

Karthikaa

Apr 22, 2017
Applied and got PCC from Tambaram PSK in Aug 2018. While they did PV for me, they gave PCC for my wife immediately when she went 3 days later. My PV was completed in 3 days. On the second day after applying I was called to station, had to spend few hundreds. I think they randomly initiate PV.
Ohh ok ! Happy to hear about quick timelines ! Thursday and friday are holiday in chennai at PSK. So they may probably start the process on Monday ! Hope to get PCC by next week .