+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

Tannistha

Dec 23, 2021
Hi , I applied for Canadian passport this month and need to surrender Indian passport. Is there any PR status that I can apply for India other than applying for Indian visa?

sandip_patil

Nov 18, 2009
Hello Guys,
As BLS all slots is booked until May 2022 for passport surrender.
Is there any other way to book appointment or waking (Brampton) ???

thank you

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
Hi Guys,
To surrender Indian passport, BLS has a check list according to which you need to submit copy of Indian (along with original) and copy of Canadian passports.
Do I need to copy each page or just the bio pages for each passport?

dtarun

May 4, 2022
Hi Guys,
To surrender Indian passport, BLS has a check list according to which you need to submit copy of Indian (along with original) and copy of Canadian passports.
Do I need to copy each page or just the bio pages for each passport?
Just the bio pages.

alexpolis007

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
hi all,

can you just walk in for surrender of passport ? i will be driving from Windsor.. so i need to be certain..
any suggestions what time is best to reach for walk-in at Brampton BLS ?

akhirti

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
Toronto
hi all,

can you just walk in for surrender of passport ? i will be driving from Windsor.. so i need to be certain..
any suggestions what time is best to reach for walk-in at Brampton BLS ?
Hey I'm in the same boat, did you get confirmation in if you can walk in for sure without booking an appointment?

Oct 4, 2022
Hello there, Need help. I & my spouse applied for Surrender certificate together on Sept 17 while I received my SC today. For my spouse, it is still showing 'processing at Consulate General' , We are not sure what went wrong with his Application and why its taking longer. Have you been in this scenario and if you know a way to follow up with Consulate about it? Please share. TIA.