+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport submitted to CIC - Need urgent travel from USA to India because of death in family

garry.jones

Jun 14, 2019
I am unable to call someone at CIC who can help with this. We need to travel urgently to India.

Can someone recommend if I can travel without a passport by somehow help from Indian embassy?

Please help if you can.

Thanks!

santab

Sep 15, 2018
I am unable to call someone at CIC who can help with this. We need to travel urgently to India.

Can someone recommend if I can travel without a passport by somehow help from Indian embassy?

Please help if you can.

Thanks!
Hi
Sorry to hear about your loss. One of my friend was in the same situation. She had submitted her passport to cic in Ottawa. her father expired when passport was still with ircc. She could not get her passport back from ircc as it was not possible to communicate with anyone. She went to Indian Embassy in Toronto, explained her situation. Folks at Indian Embassy helped her by issuing a new passport. This passport was issued as an emergency passport valid only for one year. She visited India. After receiving her old passport from IRCC, her husband sent it to India to her. To come back to Canada she needed her new passport as well as old one as valid stamped visas were on old passport.

After coming to Canada she filed for a new Indian passport.

Last edited:

garry.jones

Jun 14, 2019
Can someone help me with a contact number where the process can be expedited? Please help us in this urgent situation.

santab

Sep 15, 2018
I am not aware of any contact number. My suggestion will be to travel to your nearest Indian embassy and try to get an emergency passport. It is usually a handwritten passport with validity of 6 months or 1 year.

garry.jones

Jun 14, 2019
The issue is that my US visa is in the current passport. I can't come back without going through another stamping or getting the current passport back

santab

Sep 15, 2018
Hi Gary, you can't. That's why I mentioned in my post that my friend's husband after receiving passports from IRCC, sent her old passport to India.
You will need to to arrange for something similar. You will need your old passport with US stamped visas before you can enter back into US

garry.jones

Jun 14, 2019
Hi Gary, you can't. That's why I mentioned in my post that my friend's husband after receiving passports from IRCC, sent her old passport to India.
You will need to to arrange for something similar. You will need your old passport with US stamped visas before you can enter back into US
Thanks for the info.