+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal at BSL-Ottawa

Mohammedf1108

Jun 9, 2020
Hi,

I am an Indian National on a study permit, my passport is due to expire in December 2020, so I submitted my passport application to BSL-Ottawa by courier Purolator. I want to know what will be the minimum processing time to get the renewed passport as the processes are being delayed due to COVID-19, as per the information posted on the High Commission of India web site it says it will take 2 months. by which I am worried as my study permit needs to be renewed before august 31 2020 which is due to expire.

My Passport was last issued from Riyadh ( Saudi Arabia) and not from India as it was renewed in KSA. will this make further delays?

didi anyone renewed their Indian passport recently ( during this COVID period ) ?

Regards
Mohammed.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Most people in this forum only knows the processing times for Canadian passport. Perhaps, you should check with the passport issuing authority of India.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hi,

I am an Indian National on a study permit, my passport is due to expire in December 2020, so I submitted my passport application to BSL-Ottawa by courier Purolator. I want to know what will be the minimum processing time to get the renewed passport as the processes are being delayed due to COVID-19, as per the information posted on the High Commission of India web site it says it will take 2 months. by which I am worried as my study permit needs to be renewed before august 31 2020 which is due to expire.

My Passport was last issued from Riyadh ( Saudi Arabia) and not from India as it was renewed in KSA. will this make further delays?

didi anyone renewed their Indian passport recently ( during this COVID period ) ?

Regards
Mohammed.
Typical processing time is 4-5 weeks, no idea how long it is for covid.

Best step at this point would be try getting hold of bls on phone to check your options