+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Lost in Canada with visitor visa

Feb 14, 2018
Hello All

My Name is Ravinder Singh Sandhu and I am on Vistor Visa in Canada. Recently I have lost my Indian Passport which had a valid Canadian visa(TRV - multiple entry for almost 10 years). As the visa stamping was recent, I couldnot have the photocopy of it. However I have got my new passport from Indian consulate. How do I get the canadian visa restamped? Im totally confused with the CIC website.
Documents that I have currently are :
1) new Indian passport.
2) Copy of Lost Indian passport.
3) Copy of police report
4) copy of visa(which expired on 25 july 2025)

Is there any office here in Toronto so that I can go there and submit all the required documents and fees?
Please let me know how do I go from here.My return ticket is 25Feb 2018.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hello All

My Name is Ravinder Singh Sandhu and I am on Vistor Visa in Canada. Recently I have lost my Indian Passport which had a valid Canadian visa(TRV - multiple entry for almost 10 years). As the visa stamping was recent, I couldnot have the photocopy of it. However I have got my new passport from Indian consulate. How do I get the canadian visa restamped? Im totally confused with the CIC website.
1) new Indian passport.
3) Copy of police report

Is there any office here in Toronto so that I can go there and submit all the required documents and fees?
You apply for a new TRV, include all those documents and a letter of explanation saying that your passport was lost.
You can only apply for a TRV in Canada if you have a study or work permit. If you have neither, I don't think you'll be allowed to apply for a visa in Canada. Besides, you won't need a new TRV until you have to reenter Canada.

Reactions: yourwaka

Mjosan

Sep 7, 2018
Hello All

1) new Indian passport.
3) Copy of police report

Mjosan

Sep 7, 2018
Hello sir, we also lost our passport with canadian visitor visa. Did you get visa? Please help us if you found any solution of your problem

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello sir, we also lost our passport with canadian visitor visa. Did you get visa? Please help us if you found any solution of your problem
You need to report the loss of your passport to the police, IRCC and other authorities. After you are issued a new passport, you will need to apply for a TRV

Mjosan

Sep 7, 2018
You need to report the loss of your passport to the police, IRCC and other authorities. After you are issued a new passport, you will need to apply for a TRV
Sir i had applied for visa.can u tell me the procedure of applying visa.where we need to go and wat docoment required for dis

Mjosan

Sep 7, 2018
Hello All

1) new Indian passport.
3) Copy of police report

Sir please tell me you got visa or not. I am in situation here

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I had applied sir. It will take 1 to 2 weak . Sir please help me wat to do further
You do not need the TRV to return to India. You only need your passport.

You can contact CPC-Ottawa to check if a new TRV counterfoil will be stamped in your passport. But for this, you must have your new passport + the Police Incident Report. Otherwise, you need to apply for a new TRV when you're outside Canada