+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport holder on a visit to USA applying from USA for a tourist visa to

inttrade

Apr 13, 2017
I am an Indian passport holder.I hold a 10 year US visa. I will be visiting my daughter in Boston ,USA shortly.
She is a US citizen. I hold a 10 year US visa.While I am in Boston for about 2 months, I want to apply for a tourist
visa to visit Vancouver / Canadian rockies during June/July 2017.
Can I apply for a tourist visit Visa at the Canadian consular office in Newyork ?
Can I apply online and send the passport by courier to Canadian consulate at Newyork ?
Will I be called for any interview ?
Pl. advice.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's April already and time tight to go to Canada in June/July. You should have applied from India.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
As you will have temporary status in the US, you must apply for a TRV when you're in India. Or apply online by giving a India address.

As you have a valid US visa, you can apply under the CAN+ program for faster processing.

inttrade said:
Can I apply for a tourist visit Visa at the Canadian consular office in Newyork ?
No, you cannot apply directly at the NY visa office. You must apply through the NY CVAC

Can I apply online and send the passport by courier to Canadian consulate at Newyork ?
If you apply online and get a passport request, you must submit your passport to the CVAC. You cannot courier your passport to the NY visa office

Will I be called for any interview ?
Interviews are rare. But possible in some cases

You'll find more information here:
https://www.csc-cvac.com/en-us/selfservice/cvac_welcome

Saraiya

Jul 11, 2018
I’m in a similar situation. Visiting Los Angeles atm and wish to visit Vancouver soon.

So if I understand correctly, Indian citizens on a Tourist Visa in the USA are eligible to apply for a Canadian tourist visa? Just have to apply at the Los Angeles CVAC instead of the visa office, is that right? Thank you.