+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport and Birth certificate notarized or not?

dr3patel

Aug 10, 2021
I (sponsor) am applying for my wife currently residing in India.

The IMM 5533e checklist asks for the photocopy of the Passport and Birth Certificate (english). Do I need to get the passport and birth certificate notarized for certified true copy? or Just the scanned black & white photocopy is sufficient?

Thanks!

dr3patel

Aug 10, 2021

The IMM 5533e checklist asks for the photocopy of the Passport and Birth Certificate (english). Do I need to get the passport and birth certificate notarized for certified true copy? or Just the scanned black & white photocopy is sufficient?

Thanks!
Do I need to have a color photocopy of the passport or black&white photocopy will suffice? Thanks!

Kerry147

Aug 12, 2021
Form DS-10 must be completed and notarized by someone who has personal knowledge of your birth in the U.S. – ideally an older blood relative. Once notarized, it must be submitted in person with Form DS-11 and early public records.

walgreenslistens

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

Thanks!
If it says just a photocopy, then just a photocopy.

Reactions: dr3patel