+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian mbbs doc

Sanbusi999

Aug 12, 2021
Hello i am currently a pg resident in aiims . Can i work in canada after completing my md in aiims india ?? Is it possible for me to work as a obstetrician and gynaecologist in canada??

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Honestly, probably not. You need to be licensed to practice in Canada AND you need to receive an invitation to immigrate to Canada through Express Entry. You need to be eligible to submit a profile (67+) and have a score of 470+. Immigrating to Canada doesn't mean you can work as a doctor. You have to decide if you want to immigrate and possibly not practice medicine. So no you can't work in Canada after completing your MD. @canuck78 can comment.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hello i am currently a pg resident in aiims . Can i work in canada after completing my md in aiims india ?? Is it possible for me to work as a obstetrician and gynaecologist in canada??
You wont get licensed to work in Canada right away. Its a long-ish process taking years or may be many months. A cabbie I used to ride a lot with was working on his license to work as an orthopaedic in Vancouver. He helped me with a joints issue of my wife. He had more than 10 years of experience in Iran. I knew him for more than a year when I finally left the city. The cab business was keeping him and his family afloat while he was working towards his license. My dentist sort of says that you should perhaps re-do your education instead of going through qualification process. My own cousin is a dentist and thats why I sort was interested in the process.

For that matter, my wife was having a lot of issues to work as an Engineer due to EGBC not allowing her to use "Engineer" in her resume. I eventually got her into masters program in Canada to work around that issue.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You will be required to pass your licensing exams first and then attempt to secure a residency spots since you’ll be required to compete a 5 year OB/GYN residency in Canada. The big issue is securing a residency spot. There are only a small amount of residencies left after Canadian medical students have selected and there is A lot of competition for the leftover spots. The leftover spots are primarily in residencies that are seen as less desirable for Canadian students and some of them are in French. Many leftover residencies are GP, pathology, psychiatry, public health and an then a few spots hear and there for some other specialties but not the most sought out residencies like dermatology, ophthalmology, orthopaedics, neurosurgery, radiology, anesthesiology and a few more. Really depends on the year. If you want to make sure you are able to keep working like a doctor move to the UK, Ireland or even the US on a J1.

Reactions: Naturgrl