+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian IT Professional - Eligibility?

heysushant

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Dear All,

Moderators - I request you to please move this post to the correct thread, if its not.
I am trying to find a case which matches mine but am unable to do so.

Thanks for all the information that you are sharing on this forum.

I have question to which no consultant is giving me a straight answer, unless I pay them and start the Express Entry process for Immigration.

I updated my resume a few weeks ago on Indian Job portals to find better opportunities.
Suddenly I found my inbox flooded with emails from consultancies saying I am eligible for Immigration to Canada and Australia.

As I gathered more info about the Express Entry Program and checked CIC, I came to the conclusion that I fall in the "Professionals" Category, that is NOC A (0213), I think.

My question is, am I really eligible?
I have more than 6 years of work experience in IT Service Management and Administration (full time), but my educational background is Bachelor of Technology (in "Mechanical" Engineering, not computers).
A mechanical Engineer working in the IT, yes I grabbed the 1st opportunity that I could find after graduation, IT was booming in 2010 in India and they were offering jobs to Engineers (any stream), so I bagged a job offer from an Indian IT Giant during campus placements.
At the moment, I am 29 years (and 3 months) old, single and have dependent parents (both 65+).
I sat for many English Language tests (not recognized by CIC) some 2-3 years ago, a scored well above average, in first attempts - therefore I believe that I can have a good Score in IELTS.

What are my chances?
Should I start the process?
Are there any good job opportunities in the areas of IT service management and administration in Canada?
How much funds do I need to showcase?

Many thanks!

Sincerely,
Sushant

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
heysushant said:
Dear All,

Moderators - I request you to please move this post to the correct thread, if its not.
I am trying to find a case which matches mine but am unable to do so.

Thanks for all the information that you are sharing on this forum.

I have question to which no consultant is giving me a straight answer, unless I pay them and start the Express Entry process for Immigration.

I updated my resume a few weeks ago on Indian Job portals to find better opportunities.
Suddenly I found my inbox flooded with emails from consultancies saying I am eligible for Immigration to Canada and Australia.

As I gathered more info about the Express Entry Program and checked CIC, I came to the conclusion that I fall in the "Professionals" Category, that is NOC A (0213), I think.

My question is, am I really eligible?
I have more than 6 years of work experience in IT Service Management and Administration (full time), but my educational background is Bachelor of Technology (in "Mechanical" Engineering, not computers).
A mechanical Engineer working in the IT, yes I grabbed the 1st opportunity that I could find after graduation, IT was booming in 2010 in India and they were offering jobs to Engineers (any stream), so I bagged a job offer from an Indian IT Giant during campus placements.
At the moment, I am 29 years (and 3 months) old, single and have dependent parents (both 65+).
I sat for many English Language tests (not recognized by CIC) some 2-3 years ago, a scored well above average, in first attempts - therefore I believe that I can have a good Score in IELTS.

What are my chances?
Should I start the process?
Are there any good job opportunities in the areas of IT service management and administration in Canada?
How much funds do I need to showcase?

Many thanks!

Sincerely,
Sushant
You can use this tool to calculate your score and eligibility http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

You can also refer to this link for more details about Express Entry http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/migration-to-canada-through-express-entry-overview-and-quick-links-t397340.0.html

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No need of any consultant, you can do entire process yourself. But do you really want to migrate to Canada leaving behind your parents ?.

Once you become PR, you can sponsor them but it is a LONG, tedious process plus when you sponsor they will take in writing that Canada will not cover medical expenses for your parents.

I don't want to discourage you but Canada is looking for young, highly educated people who can contribute to their economy and whom the Canadian state doesn't have to spend money in terms of medical or unemployment benefits. They want assets minus their liabilities. Migrating to a new country is a MAJOR decision. It means starting your life a fresh...from scratch. Think like you just passed out of college and have to find your first job.

Right now Canadian economy is in a real bad shape due to Crude oil price crash, jobs are very few. Forget recent immigrants even Canadians with Masters degree are struggling to find jobs.

If you still want to try then you need to appear for IELTS, get your degrees assessed (ECA) by WES and then you can create your Express Entry profile. You need to show savings worth CAD$12,164 for 1 person (refer http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp). Entire information is available on forum. Whenever stuck, just ask for help and some forum member will respond.

All the Best.

heysushant

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Hi, many thanks for your inputs!

But I didn't understand one thing, why would any state be covering up medical expenses of anyone?

I have lived in Germany for a year, while I was on BlueCard, I paid for my own medical expenses via the Medical Insurance (though I never used it). All expenses were covered by me or my employer..

I knows its an apples to oranges comparison, but I didn't get it.

I am an experienced professional, why would Canada ignore my experience and skills and ask me to start from scratch? They want experience / skilled professionals, don't they? Isn't this the whole point of EE?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heysushant said:
I am an experienced professional, why would Canada ignore my experience and skills and ask me to start from scratch? They want experience / skilled professionals, don't they? Isn't this the whole point of EE?
Canadian government and IRCC wants it that way. Canadian employers though have their own ideas when it comes to employing an immigrant who has never worked in Canada. You won't be 'asked' to start from scratch but your first Canadian job will probably be at the same level or, more likely, a level or two below your current job. But that's just the first job - you should be fine after you've spent some time understanding how things work in Canada.

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
heysushant said:
Hi, many thanks for your inputs!

But I didn't understand one thing, why would any state be covering up medical expenses of anyone?

I have lived in Germany for a year, while I was on BlueCard, I paid for my own medical expenses via the Medical Insurance (though I never used it). All expenses were covered by me or my employer..

I knows its an apples to oranges comparison, but I didn't get it.

Yesterday, I heard a joke. It goes like this... "If you want to take revenge from a family member in US/Canada, just visit them and get sick there - they will go bankrupt". Funny thing is, it's not a joke but reality.

Remember, everybody who migrates to Canada is either Super rich (investor category), refugee or a skilled worker. Looks like your consultant has pumped you and given you a very rosy picture but suggest you research more.

Whatever you do, just *do not* give money to ANY consultant.

heysushant

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
thanks for your honest opinions and comments, guys!
I must research and see if it would make sense to go for this thing.

Many thanks, again!

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To add:

Few years ago the IT companies did not insist on Bachelors of Computer Science, IT etc nor they could get enough candidates

They also recruited Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Instrumentation ,,,,,engineers. Trained them on specific skills and utilized the talent, skills.

So you please state Bachelors of Engineering.

No body cares about the specific faculty.. If you have the skill sets that is enough

heysushant

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
MZASAM said:
To add:

Few years ago the IT companies did not insist on Bachelors of Computer Science, IT etc nor they could get enough candidates

They also recruited Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Instrumentation ,,,,,engineers. Trained them on specific skills and utilized the talent, skills.

So you please state Bachelors of Engineering.

No body cares about the specific faculty.. If you have the skill sets that is enough
This is an excellent piece of information, many thanks! :)