+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Exp. HR job chances in Canada

Mariajudy

Apr 30, 2018
Hi,
I hold Masters in business administration in human resource stream and also holding 2 yrs experience in hr operations. We are in the verge of completing the process for EE. Opened an account in canadian Job bank. I tried browsing hr jobs requirements and the employers there require CHRP certificate to prove you are a certified Hr professional. And also language requirement of French speaking skill, for which I have basic knowledge of French language which i did in my 11th and 12th stds. I also understood the fact that my resume should be crisp in a page and I'm workin on it. Also contacted my previous employers for providing an exit letter mentioning my responsibilities i have carried out and received the same.

Please guide what else I will have to do inorder to get a job in Canada while i'm in India.

Please note i work lastly in 2013 later I hold gap in my profession due to kid responsibility. I also wanted to know are chances still there to find a job in Canada with a gap in my career?

Please guide me accordingly.

Many thanks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I guess nobody has answered yet because they do not want to just say that it is almost impossible for anyone to secure a job from outside Canada unless they have a skill that is not readily available in Canada, unlikely with HR for example.

Employers are just wary of offering a job to any external candidate who may or may not turn up when the simplest option is to offer to someone already settled in the country as opposed to wasting everyone’s time. By all means nothing to stop anyone submitting resumes , might be lucky but in the end most people accept that immigration is just one big leap into the unknown.

Reactions: Mariajudy

Mariajudy

Apr 30, 2018
Hi,
Thanks for your reply...

So, is it fine if i start a new career which is in demand in Canada instead of Hr for instance career in Supply chain management?

Because, i have done a dual MBA degree of Marketing and HR.
So, mean time I am in India should I hve to take a SAP course on SCM or its better to do a course in Canada. Because I presume the course completed in Canada might provide more weightage than completing it in India.

Now, if I have to do a course in Canada should I have to write IELTS academic?

I tried browsing the facts of doing a distance education for SAP SCM from a Canadian Institute. I cant find satisfying search results.

Do you have ny idea on this?

Many thanks in advance.

qureishi

Dec 9, 2011
Hi,
Thanks for your reply...

So, is it fine if i start a new career which is in demand in Canada instead of Hr for instance career in Supply chain management? Yes , why not..

Because, i have done a dual MBA degree of Marketing and HR.
So, mean time I am in India should I hve to take a SAP course on SCM or its better to do a course in Canada. Because I presume the course completed in Canada might provide more weightage than completing it in India.If you can get an international certification online i.e. PMP , then go for it while in India. But first check what is the worth of the certification.You can search job description and qualification requirements by searching indeed.com or similar job search engines and then accordingly take courses..

Now, if I have to do a course in Canada should I have to write IELTS academic? For this , you need to check the website of the college / university under the admission requirement's

I tried browsing the facts of doing a distance education for SAP SCM from a Canadian Institute. I cant find satisfying search results. No idea

Do you have ny idea on this?

Many thanks in advance.

Mariajudy

Apr 30, 2018
Thank u replying back.

I hve also come across that there are demand in Administrative Assistants jobs. Guess the Secretary profiles. Will it a possible for me, as i hve practiced hr in banking operations applying for Admin. Assistants?
Becoz i am finding ways to get a job there.
The fact is single partner earning in Canada n running a family is difficult.
Another thing will my maternity gap be considered? I have a gap of around 4yrs..
I must admit i was desperately looking for jobs in India but i will always come back with a reply stating my profile matches the requirements but only my gap is a problem
.. will i face this problem from the Canadian Employers as well?

This question is being taunting my head for a long Time. Please come back with a reply.

Thank u in advance.

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
I think your job opportunities depend on couple of things
1. Skills in demand - Look for jobs on linkedin, monster etc and if the skills match, try reaching out to the job poster.
2. Gap in employment - As long as you can explain why you took a break, I do not think it could be a problem. Employers are looking for skills and talent and not just relying on your years of experience
3. Regarding question on secretary profiles. If you think you would fit in that position, I think you should go ahead an apply. Attend few interviews to get a sense of how it is working out.

Mariajudy

Apr 30, 2018
Hi Xylene,

Thank you!

The replies that I have so far got urs was satisfying and gave me some hope to get a job there.

As you said I have already gone through the requirements of the employers there through browsing in Indeed and other jobs search engines. And I am also making the possible preparations from my end.

Will get back to this forum when i require any advice.

Thanks for all the replies. It gave a sense of idea how the job markets in Canada are.

Thanks once again for your time.

Mariajudy

Apr 30, 2018
I forgot to mention I got in touch wid u guys in this forum to know whether I am in the right track. Now got some idea n thoughts how to secure a job there.

As I said will get back to you guys when i need your advice.

Thanks so much for now.