+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian e-visas

AramanB

Star Member
Sep 21, 2020
Hello all,
As india started e-visas, can anyone share how long it took to get it?
I am planing to go to india on jan 17 to attend wedding on jan18. But i am gonna get my new Canadian passport on jan 16. So i have one day between.

please share.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello all,
I am planing to go to india on jan 17 to attend wedding on jan18. But i am gonna get my new Canadian passport on jan 16. So i have one day between.

please share.
If you apply in morning by night you get it but your situation is pretty tight. You cannot afford any delay.

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
Hello all,

please share.
have you already applied for passport, why is it taking so long to get it? you could have applied urgent passport with next day pick up

AramanB

Star Member
Sep 21, 2020
have you already applied for passport, why is it taking so long to get it? you could have applied urgent passport with next day pick up
No i haven’t applied yet, oath is scheduled on jan12, so i was assuming if i get the certificate on same day then i can apply passport on jan 15 ( jan13-14 is weekend).

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
No i haven’t applied yet, oath is scheduled on jan12, so i was assuming if i get the certificate on same day then i can apply passport on jan 15 ( jan13-14 is weekend).
oh - that is super tight, getting the certificate same day is not guaranteed. I got it the same day, may partner got it in 5 calendar days. So it's taking a chance - do request the clerk at the time of oath and explain your situation and request for same day certificate if possible. Else, you can travel on Indian passport and apply for a passport from India - may need to get FRRO exit permit - will be complicated