+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Driving license Issue

Verin

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Hi,

I am in Toronto and need to apply for G2 or G. The issue is that my indian drivers license is not acceptable here since it's a copy(I lost original one in India and did not get a chance to apply a new one).

I dont have extract too. I took G1 but in order to give G2 or G, I was asked to get new license. My questions

Is it possible to get a duplicate license issued in India, while Iam in Canada. My RTO is Delhi and they have moved to chip based licenses now and mine is old one without chip. Not sure if thats also an issue.

Does anyone have a suggestion in this case? I dont want to wait for an year before applying G2

Any help is appreciated

Jan 16, 2022
Hi,

I am in Toronto and need to apply for G2 or G. The issue is that my indian drivers license is not acceptable here since it's a copy(I lost original one in India and did not get a chance to apply a new one).

I dont have extract too. I took G1 but in order to give G2 or G, I was asked to get new license. My questions

Is it possible to get a duplicate license issued in India, while Iam in Canada. My RTO is Delhi and they have moved to chip based licenses now and mine is old one without chip. Not sure if thats also an issue.

Does anyone have a suggestion in this case? I dont want to wait for an year before applying G2

Any help is appreciated
How did you solve this? I am in a similar situation. Would appreciate a response please.

susanhills

Mar 9, 2022
It seems to me that with so many documents to get a duplicate driver's license. Would it be faster to get it in Canada?