+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian citizens getting biometrics done from Dubai

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Hello, Need to get Biometrics done for work permit, currently the VAC in India has opened up only for student and family class category. Should we wait for it to open up for other categories or try to get it done from Dubai?
I literally checked just now, the first available appointment is only on 2nd Feb. Everything before that is booked.

sandeepagarwal1985

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Hi, is there anyone in India who did his Biometrics from UAE or any other country for EE category. I received my BIL on 3rd Nov, since than waiting for VFS to open up in India for express entry.
Any suggestions would be a big help.

Reactions: sujd

@Anju1234

Mar 23, 2020
Hi, is there anyone in India who did his Biometrics from UAE or any other country for EE category. I received my BIL on 3rd Nov, since than waiting for VFS to open up in India for express entry.
Any suggestions would be a big help.
Hello, I am an EE PR applicant, I got my BIL on May 2020 waited for almost 8 months. I did my biometrics in Dubai on January 10th 2021. The biometrics process just takes 5 minutes, we only need to show passport, BIL and the Dubai vfs appointment letter. We need to have covid negative rt pcr test taken within 96 hrs before departure, another test will be taken at Dubai airport. We have to wait in our accommodation until we get the result. You should provide a uae number for getting the result. The result will be available within 24 hrs. I got my result within 12 hrs. They will send the result on uae number as SMS. After getting the results you can go out. Anyway try to secure a slot on February cz there are no slots available on January. Wait for the update this month. If vac here are still not planning to provide biometrics to EE applicants in February, then you can try doing it in Dubai.

Reactions: Shiva24

Shiva24

Dec 18, 2020
Hello, I am an EE PR applicant, I got my BIL on May 2020 waited for almost 8 months. I did my biometrics in Dubai on January 10th 2021. The biometrics process just takes 5 minutes, we only need to show passport, BIL and the Dubai vfs appointment letter. We need to have covid negative rt pcr test taken within 96 hrs before departure, another test will be taken at Dubai airport. We have to wait in our accommodation until we get the result. You should provide a uae number for getting the result. The result will be available within 24 hrs. I got my result within 12 hrs. They will send the result on uae number as SMS. After getting the results you can go out. Anyway try to secure a slot on February cz there are no slots available on January. Wait for the update this month. If vac here are still not planning to provide biometrics to EE applicants in February, then you can try doing it in Dubai.
Hi Anju,

We are planning to go to Dubai for biometrics as my husband's biometric is still pending and it would be great if you could answer a few questions. Could you please confirm if tourism visas are valid during these days? Also, how much did it cost to get covid tests done in Dubai? Did you also take another test before coming back? Would we have to take the repatriations flights to travel back from Dubai to India? Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

@Anju1234

Mar 23, 2020
Hi Anju,

We are planning to go to Dubai for biometrics as my husband's biometric is still pending and it would be great if you could answer a few questions. Could you please confirm if tourism visas are valid during these days? Also, how much did it cost to get covid tests done in Dubai? Did you also take another test before coming back? Would we have to take the repatriations flights to travel back from Dubai to India? Thanks a lot in advance for your help.
Yes of course. I took the tourist visa which was valid for 30 days. I got the visas within 3-4 days. In Dubai airport, the covid test is free of charge. I booked the Fly Dubai flight to And Fro. There are many flights available. We have to be in room quarantine for 7 days once we come back from Dubai., And they told to take the covid test on 8th day

@Anju1234

Mar 23, 2020
Hi Anju,

We don't have to take another test in Dubai while returning. There is only one test on Dubai airport which is taken on the day of arrival .

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Hi Anju,

Dubai is open to tourists and no restrictions yet.
You can book any regular flight, no need to book repatriation flights anymore.
You will be tested at Dubai Airport on arrival and you need to stay in your room untill you receive the test results. After that you are free to go.
Make sure to book your VFS appointment in advance as the next slots are now only available im February.
I believe you don't need to take a test going back to India as 14 days quarantine is now mandatory irrespective of test results. Check the latest update with the airline you book. Anyways, the price is in range of AED 150-250 nothing more than that as price is capped by govt in UAE.

Shiva24

Dec 18, 2020
Yes of course. I took the tourist visa which was valid for 30 days. I got the visas within 3-4 days. In Dubai airport, the covid test is free of charge. I booked the Fly Dubai flight to And Fro. There are many flights available. We have to be in room quarantine for 7 days once we come back from Dubai., And they told to take the covid test on 8th day
Thanks a lot!

Shiva24

Dec 18, 2020
You will be tested at Dubai Airport on arrival and you need to stay in your room untill you receive the test results. After that you are free to go.
Make sure to book your VFS appointment in advance as the next slots are now only available im February.
I believe you don't need to take a test going back to India as 14 days quarantine is now mandatory irrespective of test results. Check the latest update with the airline you book. Anyways, the price is in range of AED 150-250 nothing more than that as price is capped by govt in UAE.
Thanks!!

Shiva24

Dec 18, 2020
Hi, May I ask you what you mean by 'stay in your room until you receive the test results' - does it mean we can stay in the hotel/accommodation we have booked in advance or is there a quarantine centre at the airport where we need to wait?
Secondly, just to confirm - is the test done at Dubai airport when we land is free of cost? The AED 150-250 is the range that we may have to pay if we plan to get another test done before returning, correct?
Thanks a lot!

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Hi, May I ask you what you mean by 'stay in your room until you receive the test results' - does it mean we can stay in the hotel/accommodation we have booked in advance or is there a quarantine centre at the airport where we need to wait?
It will be in the hotel room you booked.

Secondly, just to confirm - is the test done at Dubai airport when we land is free of cost? The AED 150-250 is the range that we may have to pay if we plan to get another test done before returning, correct?
Thanks a lot!
When you arrive it is free, the price I mentioned is if you do a test while returning to India. I don't know what is the process right now for India so best is to double check with the airline.

Also, this is as of now the rules can change quickly without prior notice considering the cases in Dubai are increasing rapidly. There might be some new measure added so keep checking the updates.

Shiva24

Dec 18, 2020
It will be in the hotel room you booked.

When you arrive it is free, the price I mentioned is if you do a test while returning to India. I don't know what is the process right now for India so best is to double check with the airline.

Also, this is as of now the rules can change quickly without prior notice considering the cases in Dubai are increasing rapidly. There might be some new measure added so keep checking the updates.
Thanks, appreciate it!

Ankita1506

Feb 3, 2021
Hi Anju, could you please tell if you have received a PPR yet? If yes, then how are you supposed to submit your passport for stamping? Would one need to again visit Dubai to physically submit passports?

Saurabh460

Feb 22, 2021
Hello Guys,
I am from India and I got my Biometrics Instruction letter in July 2020 which was valid for 90 days. Now since the VFS centres haven't resumed biometrics collection in India I got an appointment booked in Dubai. But since by BIL has expired will they let me submit by Biometrics. I would really appreciate if anyone can help me out with this