Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2013 received on 25-02-2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Does anybody have any update on MOU with CICA?

papmanindia

Dec 8, 2009
Gurgaon
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File received - 12-05-2014
Nomination.....
22-08-2014
AOR Received.
Skipped
IELTS Request
Sent with APP
Med's Request
7 Oct 2014
Med's Done....
10 Oct 2014
Passport Req..
DM - 24 Feb 2015...PPR 25 Feb 2015...submitted 02-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13 March 2015
LANDED..........
18 April 2015
Hey Guys,

Nice to see dedicated thread for Indian Chartered Accountants.

Very pity situation that, category is not mentioned in 29 service list. any idea when it is going to revive.

I contacted many people regarding which country is best suitable for Indian Chartered Accountants (Australia or Canada). But I and my heart always bends more towards Canada region. So, please help and guide how to migrate to Canada, in currrent phase where Category in not there.

For small Intro, I am a Chartered Accountant working as a Assistant Manager with one of the big four from last 4.5 years. WHat is current scenerio in Canada right now.

Senior members please help.

Regards.
papmanindia

papmanindia

Dec 8, 2009
Gurgaon
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File received - 12-05-2014
Nomination.....
22-08-2014
AOR Received.
Skipped
IELTS Request
Sent with APP
Med's Request
7 Oct 2014
Med's Done....
10 Oct 2014
Passport Req..
DM - 24 Feb 2015...PPR 25 Feb 2015...submitted 02-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13 March 2015
LANDED..........
18 April 2015
b2c said:
Hi Fellow Members,

The job scenario is not very good for accounting professionals. In my case, first employers were asking for Canadian Qualifications, to overcome this hurdle I got evaluation from CGA-ON and received Advance standing and now they are asking for the Canadian experience even for the entry level jobs. It has been more than two months, I am roaming around with resumes. To get entry level job, for a newly immigrant CA with 8 years of experience of International Accounting Firms and Financial institutions, the requirement of Canadian Experience is totally absurd.

Before landing, whenever I searched about the job market, recruitment consultants, jobs websites and everywhere I found penalty of accounting job at least in GTA area but after coming here I found all these peoples are just collecting resumes to create their data base to publish on their websites. There are many Indian practicing CAs, who are now CGAs, in GTA areas, I have approached to more than 150 firms (Both Indian and others) but they are also not willing to give an entry in their firms even at nominal salaries...... At least it could help us to get the Canadian experience but......

I know many CAs who have left their decent jobs for better future in Canada, they did not get any work after 3-4 months, they are now forced to do the survival jobs of salesmen, watchmen, packers etc.

There are Government Funded community Centers also, they provide guidance, to find jobs and update the education to new immigrants. But I was shocked to see that they take 15 -20 days' time for giving an appointment of 5-10 minutes just to tell you about the institutions/certifications that you need to get the jobs.

As per my understanding one need to have good circle and community association initially to enter into the job market. I have noticed community associations for Jews, Chinese really help their community's new immigrants in all the possible matters. Unfortunately, for Indians there is no such community/association.

I also met with very successful people of our fraternity. They are doing really well but in the matter of job nobody helps.

MY SUGGESTION TO ALL OF YOU IS, PLEASE GET YOUR CREDENTIAL EVALUATED BEFORE LANDING, IF POSSIBLE DON'T RESIGN FROM JOBS, TAKE LEAVES FROM THE OFFICE OR AT LEAST ONE OF PARTNER SHOULD HAVE JOB BACK IN INDIA, FINISH ALL YOU FINANCIAL COMMITMENTS IN INDIA, IMMEDIATELY AFTER LANDING START PROCESS OF GETTING THE DRIVING LICENSE, BE PREPARED TO REMAIN WITHOUT WORK FOR NORMAL TO ABNORMAL TIME FRAME AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, DURING STRUGGLE PERIOD FEEL LIKE OUR CA ARTICLESHIP DAYS :)

Please feel free to write me if you need any information.... I would be more than happy to share my experience.

I would also like to mention that I am not frustrated at all... and my determination of cracking the first job is intact.

With grace of god and your wishes I will make it happen soon.
Hey B2C,

I know replying you is very late as i recently joined this thread. Hope you must doing well now.

But must say, very helpful post, an eye opener. Actually, you have very well pointed, that Y WE INDIANS DON'T HELP OUR PEOPLE. As you have pointed out that Chinese and other communities have well established community.
At least I am determined to help others if i make it migrate. Not by Words but I will mean that. Request others to please cooperate with new migrants. Apologies, if unintentionally it hurts to anyone.

Thanks.

mydream

Sep 28, 2009
Hello
It is very nice to see many Indian well experienced CA's are coming together to share info and views about Canadian immigration. I am also a CA from India having total experience of 9 years in Banking and ORACLE Apps.
I have gone through the entire thread, but there is still one question which I think has remained open.

Even if an Indian CA clears CGA/ CA in Canada, is there any assurance that he/ she can get a 'reasonable' job over there ?. Here reasonable means a job which a person gets after 2-3 years of experience. One of the member in this form has shard his experience in Job market and the same is not encouraging. Canadian employers do ask for 'Canadian Experience' which is difficult to get unless one gets his first job. Now again the question arises is even if one gets a survival job, is that experience is going to be taken as 'Canadain Experience' ?

I think most of us are doing well in their respective fields. So is there a real worth in persuing education and starting career once again ?

Please note that, I do not wish to hurt or discourage anyone. Just expressed my views over here.

Thanks !!

advanta1

Aug 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
Doc's Request.
IELTS & PCC sent with the application
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
PER on 26.10.11
IELTS Request
sent with the documents
File Transfer...
23-11-2011TRACK SHEET : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgthpG06V9k3dGE0Mldod0ljWTZjR25HZkpydDZ3QXc&hl=fil#gid=0
Med's Request
1-02-2012
Med's Done....
18-02-2012 Passport received by CHC: Thursday, February 23, 2012 @ 1515 Hrs
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-02-2012 received by CHC on February 23
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 22, 2012
LANDED..........
11 June 2012 Winnipeg

mehulca

Oct 9, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2010
Doc's Request.
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
IELTS Request
Result submitted with other documents
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April 2013
mydream said:
Hello
It is very nice to see many Indian well experienced CA's are coming together to share info and views about Canadian immigration. I am also a CA from India having total experience of 9 years in Banking and ORACLE Apps.
I have gone through the entire thread, but there is still one question which I think has remained open.

Even if an Indian CA clears CGA/ CA in Canada, is there any assurance that he/ she can get a 'reasonable' job over there ?. Here reasonable means a job which a person gets after 2-3 years of experience. One of the member in this form has shard his experience in Job market and the same is not encouraging. Canadian employers do ask for 'Canadian Experience' which is difficult to get unless one gets his first job. Now again the question arises is even if one gets a survival job, is that experience is going to be taken as 'Canadain Experience' ?
Dear Friend,

What is required is Canadian Experience. It doesn't matter even if it's in survival jobs (experience in your field would be better though).
I think most of us are doing well in their respective fields. I have heard that majority of Indian CAs who have done CGA/CICA are earning good money there. However, you need to be well focused and ready to struggle during 1-2 years after your lending. I am sure you will get through if you are committed and wiling to work hard, keeping behind your Indian life.

mydream

Sep 28, 2009
Thanks mehulca for your reply

Are you in direct contact with any Indian CA immigrated to Canada and has completed CGA/CICA ? If yes you can share their experience on overall picture in Canada.

Your view about the Indian CA's who have completed CGA/CICA in Canada and are doing well may be true, but I have some different experience. One of my friend (well experienced Indian CA) migrated to Canada and joined a Big4 audit firm way back in 2006. But he returned to his earlier middle east job in mid 2007 for an undisclosed reason. This is before the great global recession. He did not join CGA/CICA, however got a job in Audit area.

In another case, I contacted a Indian CA in Canada in 2010 and came to know that he is jobless for almost 6 months. I am not sure whether he tried any survival jobs or not as he didn't disclose the same. And when I tried to contact him in Jan-2011 he did not reply to my mail. :(. I am not sure whether he has got any job or not.

According to me the problem is most of us do not know what is the REAL picture of Indian CA's (those who have recently migrated) in Canada. If any of our friend can find something it would really help others including new aspirants.

I repeat .. these are my personal views / experiences. They are not meant to discourage anyone.

Thanks !!

penpal

Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Planning in Autumn of 2010
mydream said:
Thanks mehulca for your reply

Are you in direct contact with any Indian CA immigrated to Canada and has completed CGA/CICA ? If yes you can share their experience on overall picture in Canada.

Your view about the Indian CA's who have completed CGA/CICA in Canada and are doing well may be true, but I have some different experience. One of my friend (well experienced Indian CA) migrated to Canada and joined a Big4 audit firm way back in 2006. But he returned to his earlier middle east job in mid 2007 for an undisclosed reason. This is before the great global recession. He did not join CGA/CICA, however got a job in Audit area.

In another case, I contacted a Indian CA in Canada in 2010 and came to know that he is jobless for almost 6 months. I am not sure whether he tried any survival jobs or not as he didn't disclose the same. And when I tried to contact him in Jan-2011 he did not reply to my mail. :(. I am not sure whether he has got any job or not.

According to me the problem is most of us do not know what is the REAL picture of Indian CA's (those who have recently migrated) in Canada. If any of our friend can find something it would really help others including new aspirants.

I repeat .. these are my personal views / experiences. They are not meant to discourage anyone.

Thanks !!
Hi My Dream ,

If you complete a professional accounting qualification, then your chances of landing a job in the same field and at the same level increases drastically.But the real problem is acquiring Candian experience or the lack of recognition of your home country experience.This is the greatest stumbling block.So i would put Canadian experience ahead of canadian qulaification.I hv seen people who do not have the canadian qualifications but still succeed.The cases which you hv pointed out maybe true but so are these people who succeeded without qualifications.I m not saying that u do not need to upgrade but your priorities might be different depending upon each individual and circumstance.The real picture of the indian CA is they succeed with and without canadian qualifications.

Thnx

CAforCA

Jan 27, 2009
Doc's Request.
20th Jan 2010
AOR Received.
25th May 2010
IELTS Request
15th Dec 2009 Taken Score 7.5
File Transfer...
20-01-2010
Med's Request
28-09-2010
Med's Done....
11-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
6/1/2011
LANDED..........
25/6/2011 Yoo Hoo
I feel great to see a thread for Indian CAs

My two cents here - the issue with getting a job in our field is not that the jobs are not available but the firms are more interested in offering the jobs to current job candidate who is already in the Canadian System. They would not like to "experiment" with new comers to the system. Not that those candidates are not experienced but with a choice for the money they are ready to pay they would like to get a candidate they are comfortable with. I think being in the system should work ..only patience counts and during the wait period it is better to invest in some relevant canadian qualifications.

mehulca

Oct 9, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2010
Doc's Request.
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
IELTS Request
Result submitted with other documents
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April 2013
I think "penpal" has raised a valid issue. I agree with him. I think the best way to go is to join "Co-op Program" as soon as you land and thereby gain canadian experience. Simultaneously, you can study and obtain Canadian Qualification. This way you will get Canadian Qualification + Canadian Experience within 1-2 years and your chances of getting a job in your own field gets enhanced.

mydream

Sep 28, 2009
Hello

Canada Govt has decided to REJECT all the files prior to 27-feb-2008. What is the guarantee that the cases filed after 27-Feb-2008 would be processed ?

As per workpermit.com, one needs to have offer of employment before entering into Canada.

So guys, there is HARDLY any possibility for Indian CA's to immigrate to Canada. :(

I think we should explore other options such as Australia.

Can anyone share views on this ?

Thanks

destinationBC

Champion Member
Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
thats history
Doc's Request.
thats history
AOR Received.
thats history
File Transfer...
thats history
Med's Request
thats history
Med's Done....
thats history
Passport Req..
thats history
VISA ISSUED...
got it
LANDED..........
Long Long ago
Thats The Plan after 2014 when Only AEO will Be allowed Till Then you are safe

B+ve

mydream said:
Hello

Canada Govt has decided to REJECT all the files prior to 27-feb-2008. What is the guarantee that the cases filed after 27-Feb-2008 would be processed ?

As per workpermit.com, one needs to have offer of employment before entering into Canada.

So guys, there is HARDLY any possibility for Indian CA's to immigrate to Canada. :(

I think we should explore other options such as Australia.

Can anyone share views on this ?

Thanks

mydream

Sep 28, 2009
Thats The Plan after 2014 when Only AEO will Be allowed ??

Sorry, could not get this

As per CIC web site the Govthas proposed to reject all the applications prior to 27-Feb-2012.

Thanks

honeyjack

May 20, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mydream said:
Thats The Plan after 2014 when Only AEO will Be allowed ??

Sorry, could not get this

As per CIC web site the Govthas proposed to reject all the applications prior to 27-Feb-2012.

Thanks
Can you share that link please...

BTW DBC wants to say that we should stay positive.. as this plan will be implemented from 2014 & by that time they are targeting to finish pending application of MI1,2,3...

Please correct if I am wrong
Honeyjack :)

mydream

Sep 28, 2009
Hello

Here is the link where there is a news of Rejection.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-03-30a.asp

Thanks