+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Chartered Accountants immigrating to Canada

karan220790

Nov 18, 2020
Hi Guys, are there any Indian Chartered Accountants here who have migrated to Canada in recent times?
Can you guys please help with the job search?
Also, what kind of courses are relevant to enhance the probability of getting a job.

gurpreet.ts

May 6, 2017
Toronto
Indian CA and CPA Canada have a MOU through which you can get the Canadian CPA just by writing the final exam (CFE) so that's something which is highly recommended to get in Canada. To get your foot in the door your best bet is to reach out to all the leading recruiters like RobertHalf and Lannick.

karan220790

Nov 18, 2020
Thanks Gurpreet. I definitely will do the CPA through mou route. Also, I understand from various research that the CV should be somewhat aligned to canadian job market standards which is quite different from the normal CV. Would appreciate if ypu could throw some light on this.

gurpreet.ts

May 6, 2017
Toronto
Thanks Gurpreet. I definitely will do the CPA through mou route. Also, I understand from various research that the CV should be somewhat aligned to canadian job market standards which is quite different from the normal CV. Would appreciate if ypu could throw some light on this.
Yes true, however there is no such thing as Canadian format although you will hear about this a lot from many people. Important is to have a resume which is short and impactful. Plus in 80% of the jobs you need references so just having a good resume isn't the only important thing. Also if you spend time to edit your resume based on the job description which you apply then you will increase your chances of hearing from the employer drastically. Good luck!

karan220790

Nov 18, 2020
Yes true, however there is no such thing as Canadian format although you will hear about this a lot from many people. Important is to have a resume which is short and impactful. Plus in 80% of the jobs you need references so just having a good resume isn't the only important thing. Also if you spend time to edit your resume based on the job description which you apply then you will increase your chances of hearing from the employer drastically. Good luck!
Thank you so much brother. Much appreciated.