+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India Visa Office : Use of Provident Fund - as Proof of Funds??

SHARADSHAH

May 3, 2014
Hi,
Planning to apply for noc2132 in fsw 2014. need to show 18097 CAD$ for three of us in the family.

Can I use my Provident Fund balance as a proof of Funds?

Somebody having experience with India Visa Office, please help. I am really getting mixed opinions & no written clarity anywhere. This issue is only holding me since quite long.

please help.

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
SHARADSHAH said:
Hi,
Planning to apply for noc2132 in fsw 2014. need to show 18097 CAD$ for three of us in the family.

Can I use my Provident Fund balance as a proof of Funds?

Somebody having experience with India Visa Office, please help. I am really getting mixed opinions & no written clarity anywhere. This issue is only holding me since quite long.

please help.
The fact is - there is no clarity anywhere unless someone who has used PF as POF can assure you of that.

The only thing CIC mentions is that the funds must be 'unencumbered' and suggests that it be readily available. As far as I know - PF is not easily liquidated as their are some regulations involved.

Sep 8, 2014
Hi

I have recently submitted my application for FSW with my Employee PF and Public PF enclosed as proof of funds. Looking at these posts, it seems I did a mistake and CIC won't accept these as proof of funds .

Is there a possibility of correcting this, or is CIC going to reject my application straightway? Can I send them some revised information or proofs with more relevance.

Regards
Vik

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
vikasarora1980 said:
Hi

I have recently submitted my application for FSW with my Employee PF and Public PF enclosed as proof of funds. Looking at these posts, it seems I did a mistake and CIC won't accept these as proof of funds .

Is there a possibility of correcting this, or is CIC going to reject my application straightway? Can I send them some revised information or proofs with more relevance.

Regards
Vik
Hi Vikas

before you make a move, I would recommend you first seek other opinions in the FSW 2014 timeline.

If other members suggest the same as me, then you will have to start sending "additional documents" if it is at all feasible for POF.

May 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2009
Med's Done....
15-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2014
LANDED..........
27-09-2014
nishesh3003 said:
Hi Vikas

before you make a move, I would recommend you first seek other opinions in the FSW 2014 timeline.

If other members suggest the same as me, then you will have to start sending "additional documents" if it is at all feasible for POF.
It's always a good practice to show POF as liquid cash. Through bank account statements. But I think you should wait until you hear back from visa office unless you can show other sources. Apart from this, CIC website has a link to reach out to every visa office via email. Try that option.

Regards, SWA

monikasurana

Oct 5, 2014
Hello,

Hope u r doing good. You must have applied for PR by now . Did you PF as proof of funds? Can you pls revert to monika.surana01@gmail.com

Regards
Monika

ankul

Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Hello,

Please help me on the following forms :

Schedule 3 - Economic Classes

1) what do i include for my assets, and liabilities. Should the settlement funds be the difference between assets and liabilities or only the amount that i will be showing for my settlement ?

2) what to list as main duties . Space is limited . Please help

Supplementary Information Form -

List all trips

I am an indian citizen and was studying in Uk for a year - do i need to list the trip i made from UK to India during the vacation period.

I am mentioning the trip from India to Cardiff, what can I mention as purpose.

Background Form -

I did my MBA General and Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science & Engineering
7) What will be the type of certificate and field of study

Do I need to mention My class 10 and 12 as well

Personal History

mentioning all the activities - if i was working and made a trip outside country for 6 days. do i need to mention that. and also the trips i made during my study ?

Please help me .

I need to file my application in a few days

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
ankul said:
Hello,

Please help me on the following forms :

Schedule 3 - Economic Classes

1) what do i include for my assets, and liabilities. Should the settlement funds be the difference between assets and liabilities or only the amount that i will be showing for my settlement ?

2) what to list as main duties . Space is limited . Please help

Supplementary Information Form -

List all trips

I am an indian citizen and was studying in Uk for a year - do i need to list the trip i made from UK to India during the vacation period.

I am mentioning the trip from India to Cardiff, what can I mention as purpose.

Background Form -

I did my MBA General and Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science & Engineering
7) What will be the type of certificate and field of study

Do I need to mention My class 10 and 12 as well

Personal History

mentioning all the activities - if i was working and made a trip outside country for 6 days. do i need to mention that. and also the trips i made during my study ?

Please help me .

I need to file my application in a few days
1 - Assets = Settlement Funds + Assets in Other form (Property/Investments/Gold etc). Therefore Assets - Liabilities is NOT equal to settlement funds.
2 - If UK was your country of Residence (while India is your Country of Citizenship) you do NOT need to list the travels you undertook between UK and India while you were a resident of UK (under student VISA).
3 - If duties form is too small use an Additional page. Mention the title of the form along with your full name on TOP with the question number that you intend to fill