+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India (Punjab) Police Clearance Certificate from local district police station (SSP office)

harsimrannsingh

Star Member
Aug 12, 2020
Hi
I submitted my EE-PNP application with Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) from Local district police station (SSP office). IRCC used to accept the PCC from Local district police station (SSP office) but i recently heard from somebody that IRCC is not accepting such PCC but are accepting only got through BLS international or Passport Suvidha Kendra??

Can somebody help me with this, if this is true or not?

Thank you

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

harsimrannsingh

Star Member
Aug 12, 2020
The current procedure to obtain PCC for India is available at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/india.html

IRCC does not accept PCC issued by local police stations.
Thank you @legalfalcon
In the above mentioned link it does mention that we can obtain PCC from local district police station.

How to apply
You can apply for a Police Clearance Certificate at

I am worried if IRCC hasn't updated this information on their website and are actually not accepting PCC from local distrct police station.

Please share your thoughts. @legalfalcon

Reactions: sunujac

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you @legalfalcon
In the above mentioned link it does mention that we can obtain PCC from local district police station.

How to apply
You can apply for a Police Clearance Certificate at

I am worried if IRCC hasn't updated this information on their website and are actually not accepting PCC from local distrct police station.

Please share your thoughts. @legalfalcon
It does mention, and earlier this was was available for only residents of Punjab and the procedure was listed in detail. However, lately the hyperlink with additional information has even removed. To be on the safer side, it is better that you obtain your PCC from PSK or BLS.

If you have already submitted your application, you can still obtain the PCC, and send it via webform.

harsimrannsingh

Star Member
Aug 12, 2020
It does mention, and earlier this was was available for only residents of Punjab and the procedure was listed in detail. However, lately the hyperlink with additional information has even removed. To be on the safer side, it is better that you obtain your PCC from PSK or BLS.

If you have already submitted your application, you can still obtain the PCC, and send it via webform.
Ohk. Thank you so much @legalfalcon _/\_

Reactions: legalfalcon

GSM786

Feb 6, 2022

Even if the PCC from local police station covers the whole time period after 18the birthday, it's still not accepted?

harsimrannsingh

Star Member
Aug 12, 2020
Even if the PCC from local police station covers the whole time period after 18the birthday, it's still not accepted?
I used the one from SSP office in 2020 PR application. But I have heard some officers ask to provide one from BLS International or passport office so it is safer to go that way.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

The PCC has to be national in nature and not local. IRCC does not accept PCCs from local police stations for PCC from India.

It has to be from PSK.

GSM786

Feb 6, 2022
The PCC has to be national in nature and not local. IRCC does not accept PCCs from local police stations for PCC from India.

It has to be from PSK.
Can I apply online using the PCC from local police station and send the national PCC from a PSK using a webform after a month (once I get it)?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Can I apply online using the PCC from local police station and send the national PCC from a PSK using a webform after a month (once I get it)?
As informed to you, the PCC has to be from PSK is it is for India. Any other PCC will not be accepted and will be rejected. If you need additional time to obtain the PCC, you can submit your application or seek an extension as the case may be and provide an explanation on why you are unable to provide a PCC from psk at the moment.

Finally, at the end, it is your application and your decision.

May 26, 2023
Hlo there,
I got refused my profile after the request of pcc from the ircc staff.they gave me just 6 days to upload it.and as per short time and less knowledge I made a decision to go with local ssp pcc ,submitted it and with the gap of just 3 hours I got refusal.my profile is well justified with overall 8 band score.
May u suggest me as per my context.
Did i made mistake due to local pcc?
Should I reapply with psk pcc?
Should I apply for caips?
Bcz my profile has not a weak point. Wht should I do?

Deep Quar

Mar 26, 2019
Hi
I submitted my EE-PNP application with Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) from Local district police station (SSP office). IRCC used to accept the PCC from Local district police station (SSP office) but i recently heard from somebody that IRCC is not accepting such PCC but are accepting only got through BLS international or Passport Suvidha Kendra??

Can somebody help me with this, if this is true or not?

Thank you
It is absolutely right, now you will have to apply for your PCC at PSK and you will specify the country for which u r applying. You will get the report after 21 days. Book your appointment for pcc as soon as possible.

Deep Quar

Mar 26, 2019
Hlo there,
I got refused my profile after the request of pcc from the ircc staff.they gave me just 6 days to upload it.and as per short time and less knowledge I made a decision to go with local ssp pcc ,submitted it and with the gap of just 3 hours I got refusal.my profile is well justified with overall 8 band score.
May u suggest me as per my context.
Did i made mistake due to local pcc?
Should I reapply with psk pcc?
Should I apply for caips?
Bcz my profile has not a weak point. Wht should I do?
For which program u applied for??