+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India Police clearance after visiting India

zombie08

Aug 4, 2019
Hi all,

I am really anxious and restless as this is running in my mind for sometime.
I got India Police clearance from CGI-Toronto by the end of Jan-2019. I visited India for 2 weeks and returned to Canada on April 2019. I got ITA under CEC on June and my AOR date is 17-July 2019.
My question, the India PCC that I had submitted, is it valid? If not, shall I do one more PCC and submit it through webform?
Please advice.

OldBoy31

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
You doubt yourself too much.
Yes it is valid. All CEC- inland applicants do the same. PCC's are valid for 1 year.

anuragn2

Nov 9, 2012
We are living in Canada for past two years. My wife is in PGWP now ( previously on Study permit) and I am in Open Work permit. My wife got BC PNP approved. With CRS point close to 1000 we are expecting an invitation soon.

My query is
- because we both are working here, I have been working full time for past 1.5 years and she is working full time past 4 months - Do we still need to show funds 25K CAD ( which I had mentioned when filling "Come to Canada" Wizard) in our accounts? If yes, is the funds need to be in her bank account only or as a spouse and dependant applicant, we can show funds from both of our accounts?

- We have Police Clearance Certificate received in Nov 2018, and travelled India for three weeks on March 2019. Can we use this PCC or do we need to apply it again?

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
Additional documents submitted upfront on 16-08-19
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
Hi all,

I am really anxious and restless as this is running in my mind for sometime.
I got India Police clearance from CGI-Toronto by the end of Jan-2019. I visited India for 2 weeks and returned to Canada on April 2019. I got ITA under CEC on June and my AOR date is 17-July 2019.
My question, the India PCC that I had submitted, is it valid? If not, shall I do one more PCC and submit it through webform?
Please advice.
So according to my understanding, you visited India after getting the PCC? In this case, it’s invalid. The PCC should be done after the last time you exit the country. If you go back, it’s invalid.

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
We are living in Canada for past two years. My wife is in PGWP now ( previously on Study permit) and I am in Open Work permit. My wife got BC PNP approved. With CRS point close to 1000 we are expecting an invitation soon.

My query is
- because we both are working here, I have been working full time for past 1.5 years and she is working full time past 4 months - Do we still need to show funds 25K CAD ( which I had mentioned when filling "Come to Canada" Wizard) in our accounts? If yes, is the funds need to be in her bank account only or as a spouse and dependant applicant, we can show funds from both of our accounts?

- We have Police Clearance Certificate received in Nov 2018, and travelled India for three weeks on March 2019. Can we use this PCC or do we need to apply it again?
Reapply for your PCC again.

anuragn2

Nov 9, 2012

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
Thank you Csadangi,
I am confused with the point mentioned in CIC website, does it not apply to the home country?

"For any other country

For any other country, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you stayed there for 6 months or more in a row."
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html
I know it's confusing. Consider this situation - You got a PCC in Jan this year but you went back to your home country and you are charged for a criminal offense. Your 1st PCC won't mention this, but your new PCC will.
My friend did the same mistake (not charged for any criminal activity). He did his PCC in January, went to India in March, and submitted his application in April It was rejected in June and the reason was he didn't get a new PCC after visiting India. The VO found out because you send your passport stamps.

Hope this make things clear. Don't take a risk for a few hundred dollars, get it done so as to avoid such things.

anuragn2

Nov 9, 2012
I know it's confusing. Consider this situation - You got a PCC in Jan this year but you went back to your home country and you are charged for a criminal offense. Your 1st PCC won't mention this, but your new PCC will.
My friend did the same mistake (not charged for any criminal activity). He did his PCC in January, went to India in March, and submitted his application in April It was rejected in June and the reason was he didn't get a new PCC after visiting India. The VO found out because you send your passport stamps.

Hope this make things clear. Don't take a risk for a few hundred dollars, get it done so as to avoid such things.
Thank you Csadangi, appreciate your quick response. Your point make sense, I will not take risk rather apply for it now. I would appreciate if you please advise me on my second query of proof of funds.

"we both are working here, I have been working full time for past 1.5 years and she is working full time past 4 months - Do we still need to show funds 25K CAD ( which I had mentioned when filling "Come to Canada" Wizard) in our accounts? If yes, is the funds need to be in her bank account only or as a spouse and dependant applicant, we can show funds from both of our accounts?"

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
Thank you Csadangi, appreciate your quick response. Your point make sense, I will not take risk rather apply for it now. I would appreciate if you please advise me on my second query of proof of funds.

"we both are working here, I have been working full time for past 1.5 years and she is working full time past 4 months - Do we still need to show funds 25K CAD ( which I had mentioned when filling "Come to Canada" Wizard) in our accounts? If yes, is the funds need to be in her bank account only or as a spouse and dependant applicant, we can show funds from both of our accounts?"
If you are applying under CEC, you don't need to show funds. I also filled some amount while making the EE profile, but before submitting, I added 0, and explained it in the LOE that CEC candidates with a valid job offer don't need to show funds and linked it to the webpage.

I don't know about PNP programs and funds but for CEC class, you don't need to show funds. In case, you need to show funds, it can be a joint account. While getting the letter from the bank, make sure it has both your and your spouse name.

anuragn2

Nov 9, 2012
If you are applying under CEC, you don't need to show funds. I also filled some amount while making the EE profile, but before submitting, I added 0, and explained it in the LOE that CEC candidates with a valid job offer don't need to show funds and linked it to the webpage.

I don't know about PNP programs and funds but for CEC class, you don't need to show funds. In case, you need to show funds, it can be a joint account. While getting the letter from the bank, make sure it has both your and your spouse name.
Thanks again for your quick response.

ravikumar390

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I arrived in Canada from India on August 13th, 2019. However, I went back to India for a vacation and stayed there from August 5th, 2022 to January 23rd, 2023. About a month ago, on November 7th, 2023, I received my Police Clearance Certificate (PCC). Now, I am curious to know if this new PCC covers the period of my vacation in India.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance or guidance on this matter.

Thank you very much.