+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India Police Certificate from UK

kusrbo

Feb 2, 2017
I have to apply police certificate from both UK and India. So the process is
1. Apply for UK PCC online and you get the certificate in 10 days.
2. Apply for India PCC through VFS global (as I have to apply from abroad) to Indian consulate.

From the website they mentioned it takes 7-8 working days if they have details but when I applied in VFS Office UK they informed it might take 4 to 5 months as they would need to send it back to Indian and get it back. Instead they also advised me to get a certificate stamped from external affairs minister in India and same certificate will be attested here in UK. I am not sure of the process.

Wondering anyone applied for India PCC from abroad, if so how much time did it took you to get the clearance certificate or advise what's the best way to get this quicker?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I am an Indian in the UK. I got the ACRO PCC within 10 days. I applied online and it came in the post. I applied for Indian PCC from VFS in Paddington. I took my own self-addressed special delivery silver envelope from the post office which costs about £7.50. I didn't use their £15 delivery. You can track your progress online. I got Indian PCC in 8 days. I got my passport reissued from London in 2013 so they had my details here in London and got it quickly. It does take longer if they don't have your details here. I'd suggest you wait and get it done from here itself and the PCC has to be "issued" after you have left India. It can't be issued in India and attested here.

kusrbo

Feb 2, 2017
Thank you very much for the info.

Not sure why that lady there in VFS Glasgow told us it would take 3 to 4 months and asked us to get PCC done from Ministry of External affairs back in India. This seems to be a wrong information from her then?

I submitted Royal Mail tracking prepaid envelope for both myself and my spouse.

I have got my passport re-issued here as well back in 2015 so hopefully they should have my details. But my spouse got her passport only in 2014 so not sure if they got her details in here. Don't know on what basis they will or wont have individual's details in their database here in UK.

Fingers crossed.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
The people in the London office in Paddington seemed to be aware of the requirements. Looks like it's a rare application procedure for Glasgow. All the best.

nc100

Apr 29, 2017
The people in the London office in Paddington seemed to be aware of the requirements. Looks like it's a rare application procedure for Glasgow. All the best.
Hi

Wanted some info!

I too have got my Indian pcc through vfs in the uk. Got it back in the post today and it’s a letter which just says that this passport holder has no criminal records. It does not mention any dates while I was in India etc...is it the correct format?

Thanks

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi

Wanted some info!

I too have got my Indian pcc through vfs in the uk. Got it back in the post today and it’s a letter which just says that this passport holder has no criminal records. It does not mention any dates while I was in India etc...is it the correct format?

Thanks
How long it took you to get indian pcc from uk vfs?

snehCanada

Aug 22, 2018
I am an Indian in the UK. I got the ACRO PCC within 10 days. I applied online and it came in the post. I applied for Indian PCC from VFS in Paddington. I took my own self-addressed special delivery silver envelope from the post office which costs about £7.50. I didn't use their £15 delivery. You can track your progress online. I got Indian PCC in 8 days. I got my passport reissued from London in 2013 so they had my details here in London and got it quickly. It does take longer if they don't have your details here. I'd suggest you wait and get it done from here itself and the PCC has to be "issued" after you have left India. It can't be issued in India and attested here.
Hi Can you please tell me document required to apply for PCC of India from UK through VFS?

snehCanada

Aug 22, 2018
Did you check VFS website. Passport and address proof needed.
Hi, thanks for reply. Yes I had checked. sorry for posting incomplete question. I meant what all documents accepted as residential proof? I do not have driving license and being in PG I do not have any utility bill! Is bank statement accepted as address proof?

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi, thanks for reply. Yes I had checked. sorry for posting incomplete question. I meant what all documents accepted as residential proof? I do not have driving license and being in PG I do not have any utility bill! Is bank statement accepted as address proof?
Does your bank statements have address of your place, if yes then it should be acceptable.