+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India Police Certificate for multiple places

indiashillong

Feb 26, 2015
I have lived in multiple places in india within the last 10 years.
I already have a Police certificate from one state but they mentioned on the certificate that I live in the state from 2008-2010.
Do I need to get the police certificate from other states as well to prove that my record has been clean for the past 10 years?

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Get latest PCC from your passport office.

indovalley

Mar 24, 2015
i HAVE FOUND THAT YES !! YOU HAVE TO PROVIDE POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE FROM ALL THOSE AREAS WHEER YOU HAVE LIVED FOR "ALMOST 6 MONTHS (5 MONTHS AND 29 DAYS) OR 6 MONTHS OR MORE. CIC IS STRICT TO THEIR GUIDE LINES. THEY MIGHT GIVE YOU EXTENSION TO APPROACH TO THE AUTHORITY BUT NORMALLY NEVER ACCEPT ANY REASON SAYING "MY RECORDS ARE CLEARED". ITS ALWAYS BETTER THAT YOU SHOULD SUBMIT PCC OBTAINED EITHER FROM PASSPORT OFFICE OR LOCAL SSP OFFICE.

Jaxon911

Champion Member
Jun 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
PR App 2014-06-23 & Citizenship App Filed in Aug 2022
indiashillong said:
I have lived in multiple places in india within the last 10 years.
I already have a Police certificate from one state but they mentioned on the certificate that I live in the state from 2008-2010.
Do I need to get the police certificate from other states as well to prove that my record has been clean for the past 10 years?
I think if you get Police Clearance Certificate from PSK (Passport Seva Kendra), it would be valid. When you apply for PCC, the form does ask for your address history and all personal details.

IMHO PCC from PSK covers your entire history in India, regardless of places you've lived in.

theguneet

Jan 2, 2015
if you are in Canada already, the best way is to contact the nearest consulate office. they have this company who will do the pcs for you and charge $50 ish and it comes in 6 weeks.

Aarti21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
if you are in Canada, kindly go to the BLS office and they will process it in 4 to 6 weeks time ..I got mine in 3 weeks.

Thanks,
Aarti

Bhagya123

Jan 19, 2015
theguneet said:
if you are in Canada already, the best way is to contact the nearest consulate office. they have this company who will do the pcs for you and charge $50 ish and it comes in 6 weeks.
I guess consulate office will provide records only for canada stay right ? I hope it wont provide the indian stay details . Please confirm.

AVN238

Oct 1, 2014
Aarti21 said:
if you are in Canada, kindly go to the BLS office and they will process it in 4 to 6 weeks time ..I got mine in 3 weeks.

Thanks,
Aarti
Hi, will it be possible to mail my passport to the BLS centre for PCC, or should I personally go and submit my documents. Any info on the same would be helpful!

Thanks,
Vish

theguneet

Jan 2, 2015
Bhagya123 said:
I guess consulate office will provide records only for canada stay right ? I hope it wont provide the indian stay details . Please confirm.
Nope the indian cousluate (bls office) will get your pcc certficates from india.
anything in canada is done via rcmp.

sanket.41

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jaxon911 said:
I think if you get Police Clearance Certificate from PSK (Passport Seva Kendra), it would be valid. When you apply for PCC, the form does ask for your address history and all personal details.

IMHO PCC from PSK covers your entire history in India, regardless of places you've lived in.
Being in canada do i have option to apply PCC from passport seva kendra in india. or i have to be present in India.
thanks for help.

Jaxon911

Champion Member
Jun 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
sanket.41 said:
Being in canada do i have option to apply PCC from passport seva kendra in india. or i have to be present in India.
thanks for help.
If you're in Canada then you've to go to nearest India High Commission, that's what I did in London!

Aarti21

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
AVN238 said:
Hi, will it be possible to mail my passport to the BLS centre for PCC, or should I personally go and submit my documents. Any info on the same would be helpful!

Thanks,
Vish
You have to go there yourself ..they take original passport .

Thanks,
Aarti

AVN238

Oct 1, 2014
Hi guys, I have my PCC from India, received it in 2013 before arriving in Canada. I have not left Canada since then. Should I still apply for a new PCC from the CGI here or will the old PCC work?

Jaxon911

Champion Member
Jun 18, 2014
London, UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
AVN238 said:
Hi guys, I have my PCC from India, received it in 2013 before arriving in Canada. I have not left Canada since then. Should I still apply for a new PCC from the CGI here or will the old PCC work?
You will need latest PCC, PCC older than a year is not acceptable. Even if you haven't left Canada or visited India since then, technically it is possible for someone to file a criminal charges against you in India. Aslo one can handle their criminal activities such as drug and arms deals in any country from abroad, for e.g. Dawood Ibrahim managing drug and arms business in India from outside India!

This should explain why CIC needs up to date PCC! ;D ;) 8)