India PCC from Toronto

Ramesh Mokkapati

Jan 3, 2020
Bangalore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi friends,
I applied for Pcc at BLS last month,but it's rejected due to adress not matched with passport adress,my passport adress is Bangalore adress,but no one lives there now,I left Bangalore after approval of my work permit ie 2020 Feb,my parents lives in other state(Andra Pradesh),I mentioned my parents adress as my permanent adress.
So now my question is,can I apply again with passport adress (Bangalore adress) and explain about my situation? or suggest me what I can do now,your valuable reply and suggestions helps me alot, thanks in advance.

alladalenucleus

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
Hi friends,
I applied for Pcc at BLS last month,but it's rejected due to adress not matched with passport adress,my passport adress is Bangalore adress,but no one lives there now,I left Bangalore after approval of my work permit ie 2020 Feb,my parents lives in other state(Andra Pradesh),I mentioned my parents adress as my permanent adress.
So now my question is,can I apply again with passport adress (Bangalore adress) and explain about my situation? or suggest me what I can do now,your valuable reply and suggestions helps me alot, thanks in advance.
The BLS website instructs that if your address or any other details on the passport need a change then you would need to get that done first. Once your passport has the right information, you can go ahead and apply for your PCC. It is going to be a pain and will take longer but that is what you will need to do.

@trigger

Jun 24, 2019
Hi friends,
The BLS website instructs that if your address or any other details on the passport need a change then you would need to get that done first. Once your passport has the right information, you can go ahead and apply for your PCC. It is going to be a pain and will take longer but that is what you will need to do.
That depends on Juridiction. If it's Toronto, it allows the different address from the passport as mentioned on BLS site as well.

Kumar_2010

Sep 22, 2020
My wife PCC application is in the process for the last 12 weeks, consulate customer care told me that police verification is pending however local police officer confirmed multiple times and also confirmed from headquarter that my verification documents were successfully submitted in May (~15th) so it's almost 4 weeks and I have no idea where is my application. The consulate team keeps telling me that it's pending from the police department.

Please let me know if anyone faced the similar issue or we have any other escalation process. Also my status on the consulate website showing blank which is also very surprising.

alladalenucleus

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
That depends on Juridiction. If it's Toronto, it allows the different address from the passport as mentioned on BLS site as well.
That's weird. I see that the checklist for toronto actually states quite clearly that one would need to get the passport corrected first. Not sure if the website states something else elsewhere. Very much possible since I have seen conflicting info in different places there for other things. :)

@trigger

Jun 24, 2019
That's weird. I see that the checklist for toronto actually states quite clearly that one would need to get the passport corrected first. Not sure if the website states something else elsewhere. Very much possible since I have seen conflicting info in different places there for other things. :)
No, it's clearly mentioned in the checklist. I have gone through this process with different address. Passport reissue is required only for other details which are not correct/updated (except address). Address can be different as mentioned in last para towards the end.

In case, there is a change in present address from Indian passport and in case of addition/deletion/change of spouse name (due to marriage/divorce/death post issuance of passport) will be verified with regard to present address proof document and marriage/divorce/death certificate

alladalenucleus

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
No, it's clearly mentioned in the checklist. I have gone through this process with different address. Passport reissue is required only for other details which are not correct/updated (except address). Address can be different as mentioned in last para towards the end.

In case, there is a change in present address from Indian passport and in case of addition/deletion/change of spouse name (due to marriage/divorce/death post issuance of passport) will be verified with regard to present address proof document and marriage/divorce/death certificate
You are right. I stand corrected.

Reactions: @trigger

alladalenucleus

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
My timeline so far -
  • Shipped using FedEx - May 3
  • Delivered at BLS Brampton - May 4
  • Status available online at BLS application tracker - May 14 ie 8th business day from receipt of application
  • Status available at passportindia website - May 16 (PCC application and fee details received at consulate. Under process.)
  • Processing at consulate - May 19
  • Police verification initiated - May 21
  • Police verification is clear. PCC ready to be issued. - May 31
  • Police clearance certificate printed - Jun 8
  • In transit to BLS center - Jun 10

@trigger

Jun 24, 2019
My timeline so far -
  • Status available online at BLS application tracker - May 14 ie 8th business day from receipt of application
  • Status available at passportindia website - May 16 (PCC application and fee details received at consulate. Under process.)
Mine is similar flow -

• Shipped using Purolator - May 18
  • Delivered at BLS Brampton - May 19
  • Status available online at BLS application tracker - May 31 ie 8th business day from receipt of application
  • Status available at passportindia website - May 31 (PCC application and fee details received at consulate. Under process.)
  • Processing at consulate - Jun 1
  • Police verification initiated - Jun 3
  • Police verification completed - Jun 10
  • PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate. - Jun 10

Jun 11, 2021
Hi friends,
I also had the same issue, my passport has a Canadian address. When I applied, I submitted the LOE, stating, for Indian address proof please refer to the attached Aadhar card copy for me and my father. But in this case, your parent Aadhar card address and your Aadhar card address should be matched.

Reactions: Ramesh Mokkapati

alladalenucleus

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
My timeline so far -
  • Ready for collection - Jun 11
I bought the drop off service 2-3 days ago. How long before they will courier it now? Would I need to call/email someone with the order number?

Chpsohi

Jun 11, 2021
Status update from my end:

Mar 25 : Purolator pickup
Mar 26 : Delivered at BLS
Mar 30 : Status updated at BLS that its under process and fees received.
Mar 30 : Same day update that its been forwarded to Consulate
Mar 31 : Consulate receives the fees and application
Mar 31 : Processing at Consulate General

At Passport Portal

Mar 31 : PCC application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.
Apr 5: PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.
Apr 6: Police Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian Embassy/Consulate. PCC needs to be collected from the Indian Embassy/Consulate where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Indian Embassy/Consulate.
May 12 : Police Verification Report is clear. PCC is available for issuance.

My police verification was done at home on Apr 13. Since then it has been a never ending chase going back and forth from talking to local police, embassy, BLS and so on.
Hi, mine status also showing Police Verification Report is clear. PCC is available for issuance.
Now whats the next step and is it in Canada Consulate general?

Ramesh Mokkapati

Jan 3, 2020
Bangalore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I also had the same issue, my passport has a Canadian address. When I applied, I submitted the LOE, stating, for Indian address proof please refer to the attached Aadhar card copy for me and my father. But in this case, your parent Aadhar card address and your Aadhar card address should be matched.
Hi, thanks for your reply, What should I do now?even my aadhar also having my passport adress,what if I apply by passport adress with LOE stating that my parents stays in other place and attaching their aadhar copies,if this doesn't work,pls suggest me, changing adress in passport is not a easy step,if only option to change adress on passport,pls explain me the procedure, thanks in advance.

@trigger

Jun 24, 2019
Hi, thanks for your reply, What should I do now?even my aadhar also having my passport adress,what if I apply by passport adress with LOE stating that my parents stays in other place and attaching their aadhar copies,if this doesn't work,pls suggest me, changing adress in passport is not a easy step,if only option to change adress on passport,pls explain me the procedure, thanks in advance.
Do you have any address proof same as your parent's. I had similar issue with different address on passport from my parent's. I submitted my voter ID and my parent passport/aadhar with same address. BLS and consulate accepted it and police cleared it last night..