+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

alladalenucleus

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
Folks, who have been through this already -

For the past 3 days, my status on passportindia portal shows that PCC is available for issuance.
I had couriered my application to BLS and have not yet booked the purolator courier drop off through BLS.
Should I wait for the status on BLS website to change to "Ready for pickup" before booking the drop off service? Or should I go ahead and book it right now when BLS shows "processing at consulate general"?
Friends, any thoughts on this?

Saurabh.Banerjee

May 4, 2021
Hi, can anyone please confirm if we can send documents via Fedex? If yes what is the process for getting documents back from BLS? I checked the Purolator details and they are asking for $95 (25 for pickup and 70 for return). I understand return is 70 because of 2 separate applications but still $95 is crazy from Toronto to Brampton!!!! Fedex is showing $15 for Delivery and I guess will be max $30 for return even if separate envelopes are returned.
I will suggest using purolator as they are the preferred partner and also because BLS has put in some measures to quarantine the documents for few days. I am not sure if fedex will have access to the 'quarantine box'. I know it sounds weird but i think we should make it as simple as possible for BLS as this is such an important document and any delay can come back to haunt us.

Queen24

Jun 7, 2021
I will answer your question. Yes you have to mention Married in form. You have to submit marriage certificate in bls in Toronto or Vancouver or wherever you are. Doesn’t matter your marriage is registered in India you still have to answer married. On the other hand, if you said your parents doesn’t know you are married here, you can select single because when they do verification in india, they ask your parents they is your child married in Canada. Also PCC doesn’t show your status. It just shows that there is no record regarding your in india. That’s all it says on pcc.
I will answer your question. Yes you have to mention Married in form. You have to submit marriage certificate in bls in Toronto or Vancouver or wherever you are. Doesn’t matter your marriage is registered in India you still have to answer married. On the other hand, if you said your parents doesn’t know you are married here, you can select single because when they do verification in india, they ask your parents they is your child married in Canada. Also PCC doesn’t show your status. It just shows that there is no record regarding your in india. That’s all it says on pcc.
I am in same situation, so, what did you select married or single when you have applied for pcc??

Queen24

Jun 7, 2021
Hi,

Me and my husband got married in Canada, but there is no official registration in India for our marriage. So how can we go about completing our PCC from India? Do we have to send PCC to our own separate addresses? and how about Married or single question? what should I write because in India we do not have any official document for our marriage?
Please assist, I am totally lost.

Would really appreciate any type of help.
Thank you
Hii there, did you apply for pcc with single status or you select married??

alladalenucleus

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
My timeline so far -
  • Shipped using FedEx - May 3
  • Delivered at BLS Brampton - May 4
  • Status available online at BLS application tracker - May 14 ie 8th business day from receipt of application
  • Status available at passportindia website - May 16 (PCC application and fee details received at consulate. Under process.)
  • Processing at consulate - May 19
  • Police verification initiated - May 21
  • Police verification is clear. PCC ready to be issued. - May 31
  • Police clearance certificate printed - Jun 8

Reactions: Taran0013

Saurabh.Banerjee

May 4, 2021
Hii there, did you apply for pcc with single status or you select married??
Hello, I had a similar case, my marriage is registered in US and there is no record in India.
I applied as married otherwise it could be construed as falsifying information on application. The consulate has removed the requirement to have husband's name on the passport so there is no issue.
Only thing is, when the PCC is printed for wife, it said, "XXX" holder of indian passport "NNN" , wife of "YYY".
and Yes, I did send PCC to two separate address as my wife never lived at my Indian address.
when you are submitting the form to BLS, send your father's passport. It is just that whichever address your family can attest to should be put for PCC

TusharKD

Jun 8, 2021
Hello everyone, nowadays BLS is requesting a new undertaking document to be submitted requesting Consulate General to issue PCC pending clearance from concerned police station.

My question is, does that mean CGI will issue PCC first and then send it respective Police station for verification as the document says ?
Has anyone encountered the same scenario ?

P.S. : I am really on time crunch with the PCC it will really help me if I get PCC quickly with this new process.

Thanks

Queen24

Jun 7, 2021
Hello, I had a similar case, my marriage is registered in US and there is no record in India.
I applied as married otherwise it could be construed as falsifying information on application. The consulate has removed the requirement to have husband's name on the passport so there is no issue.
Only thing is, when the PCC is printed for wife, it said, "XXX" holder of indian passport "NNN" , wife of "YYY".
and Yes, I did send PCC to two separate address as my wife never lived at my Indian address.
when you are submitting the form to BLS, send your father's passport. It is just that whichever address your family can attest to should be put for PCC
Is it necessary to select married even if we are married in Canada not in India??

alladalenucleus

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
Is it necessary to select married even if we are married in Canada not in India??
Irrespective of the location of wedding, if you are legally married and choose not to reveal it in your application then you will have "willfully misrepresented" yourself, technically speaking. My advice would be to avoid that situation.