+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

Saurabh.Banerjee

May 4, 2021
Hi All, I wanted to give an update on my PCC applications in case anyone finds it helpful. I have two applications (I and Wife) and they are both following different timelines even though they were submitted on the same day.

I have two applications for PCC.
Application 1 - Wife's - Needs to go to Borivali PS, MUmbai
23th April - Application delivered to BLS by purolator
7th May Status available on BLS. - Friday
10th May- Monday Status on PSK/Embassy website changed to 'Fees and documents received and is under process'
12th May - Wednesday- PCC sent to Indian Police Station.
18th May - I realize that i selected the Wrong Police station on application. (Borivali - Incorrect PS)
19th May- My wife's parents go to Borivali station and ask them to route it to the correct Police station. (Done on the spot by a mouse click)
20th May- My wife's parents receive a call to come to the 'correct' police station and submit documents. (All Passports(active and expired), PAN, Adhar)
Next--- TBD

Application 2- Mine (Needs to Go to Hinjewadi PS, Pune)

10th May- Monday Status on PSK/Embassy website changed to 'Fees and documents received and is under process'
05/12.. Same status as Monday
05/14 - Status Changed to Under Process in Consulate.
05/20-- Still the same.

So i do not understand how two applications received on the same day can follow such different timelines. My Wife's verification is almost done at Police station and mine is still with the consulate.
Can anyone suggest what and how can i follow-up for my application.
Thanks!!

AMC1985

Star Member
May 4, 2020
Received my wife's and my PCC today. Pretty smooth process apart from the hassle of getting the Canada Post Pay Order ready (long queues due to social distancing and limited capacities within office), the documentation and booking for Purolator.

Brief timelines:

• 12th April: Purolator pickup
  • 21st April: Could see our case numbers on https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/welcomeLink?request_locale=en
  • 30th April: Verification COMPLETED in India
  • 12th May: Could see the status as 'PCC has been printed'.
  • 17th May: Purolator had the package for delivery.
  • 20th May: After a brief delay due to Pandemic related issues (that is what the Purolator tracking said), received the PCC today.

As everybody here had been suggesting, 45 days seems to be the average for PCC to come through. In my case, it took 38 days, which is pretty much what was expected.

Tips:

• For ppl who are new to the thread, even though the website says that you HAVE TO, you DO NOT HAVE to submit any originals (PASSPORT etc.) along with your PCC application to BLS.
  • To avoid any unwanted delays, make sure that your documentation is accurate (this includes the correct amount on your Canada Post Pay Order. Anything more or less than the specified amount gets rejected).
  • A bit of pro-activeness during the verification process in India helps too. My dad met with the Cops at their BEAT BOX as soon as I told him that the verification process has reached the India stage. Even though at that time our case files had not reached them, but they were at our doors as soon as they did receive the files the next day.

Reactions: Mani809

Saurabh.Banerjee

May 4, 2021
Hi All, while filling the PR for ,personal history, address history, etc. it says to go back 10 years. From what date is this 10 years. The date I submit the application for final review, or the date ITA was received? could you please advise.

AMC1985

Star Member
May 4, 2020
Hi All, while filling the PR for ,personal history, address history, etc. it says to go back 10 years. From what date is this 10 years. The date I submit the application for final review, or the date ITA was received? could you please advise.
All the data and information should preferably be the latest/date back on the date you are actually submitting your application. For example, I will be submitting my application tomorrow. So, as part of my work ex details, I am including my latest payslip, the one that I have got today, as well along with my application.

Reactions: Saurabh.Banerjee

alladalenucleus

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
My timeline so far -
  • Shipped using FedEx - May 3
  • Delivered at BLS Brampton - May 4
  • Status available online at BLS application tracker - May 14 ie 8th business day from receipt of application
  • Status available at passportindia website - May 16 (PCC application and fee details received at consulate. Under process.)
  • Processing at consulate - May 19
  • Police verification initiated - May 21

Maheshwariee

Jul 9, 2019
Hello Everyone,
currently, I'm having a study permit and my work permit is under process. Can I apply for PCC based on the ongoing application of the work permit application number?

simarvirk

Sep 16, 2018
Hlo everyone... I applied for pcc and status is showing returned because of incorrect place of birth.. what should I do now.. do I have to send another application?

Saurabh.Banerjee

May 4, 2021
Hello Everyone,
currently, I'm having a study permit and my work permit is under process. Can I apply for PCC based on the ongoing application of the work permit application number?
It seems yes. Here what they say in checklist. I will suggest give your Student Visa if it is valid. that should be enough to prove your legal status.
in addition, you can send CIC receipt or communication in support of your applied WP.
"Valid Work Permit or Student Permit If Work permit or Student Permit has expired: Expired Work permit or Student permit, Renewal fee receipt and CIC email of relevant application acceptance"

Saurabh.Banerjee

May 4, 2021
Hi All, My PCC status on Consulate website has changed back to Under Review in Consulate after PCC was done in India. Is this normal?

I have two applications for PCC.
Application 1 - Wife's - Needs to go to Borivali PS, MUmbai
23th April - Application delivered to BLS by purolator
12th May - Wednesday- PCC sent to Indian Police Station. Status updated on Consulate website
20th May- Documenrts submitted to local PS and PS issued a clear and sent back to PSK (According to the case officer, that is the normal process)
22 nd May- Status changed to Under Review in Consulate.

Application 2- Mine (Needs to Go to Hinjewadi PS, Pune)

05/12.. Same status as Monday
05/14 - Status Changed to Under Process in Consulate.
05/22-- Status changed to PCC initiated at local police station. Please reach out to the Police station if you dont get a call in 3 weeks.
05/24- Status changed back to Under Process in Consulate.

Is anyone else seeing this back and forth in the status?

Maheshwariee

Jul 9, 2019
It seems yes. Here what they say in checklist. I will suggest give your Student Visa if it is valid. that should be enough to prove your legal status.
in addition, you can send CIC receipt or communication in support of your applied WP.
"Valid Work Permit or Student Permit If Work permit or Student Permit has expired: Expired Work permit or Student permit, Renewal fee receipt and CIC email of relevant application acceptance"
Thank you so much for your help

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Hello All ,

Can some one help and share the his/her experience for My PCC scenario

1- Application picked by Purolator
2- Delivered at Brampton BLS
3- So status at BLS tracking and on 8th May started showing "Under Process" (aftrer 14th day) Followed by "Processing at Consulate general " (Next day 9th May onward )
4- No status India Portal site (It is keep giving error for Application number not found , tried small and CAPS both )
5- Suddenly status changed to BLS center "Ready for Dispatch " on 28th May. still in Indian Portal no application found . Also no one visited at my India Address./No Call form PS

What does it mean ? My Police certificate generated from CGI Toronto and now BLS received it ?

Thanks in advance