+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

Apr 1, 2021
Hello friends,

I had a very interesting 1.5 months of PCC experience and finally I have receieved my PCC. I have sent my first set to BLS on 2/19 and after almost 10 days received an email that my address on passport does not match with my application. As I was in Bangalore from 2006. all my documents are from Bangalore. But as my mother now is in Kolkata, I shared my Kolkata address. They asked me to either provide Kolkata address proof or create new application. Interestingly, my voter I-card did not have my house number and it was not considered valid by BLS. As I did not have any other proof of address, I had to go for a new application. Old application was returned home in a week with the bank drafts.
In my new application, I provided my address from Adhaar card in Bangalore and talked to my neighbor, in case police come for a visit. Below are my timelines.

3/5: Application submitted and sent to BLS
3/10: BLS site shows its under process and fees received
3/12: It was sent to Consulate General and status updated to "processing at Consulate". From this time all updates are in passport site.
3/22: Status updated that it has been sent to India and Police verification is initiated
3/24: Police visited my rental apartment in Banagalore and my neighbor helped provide all the details to him.
3/29: Passport site updated : PCC has been printed. This is the last status update on passport site.
3/31: In transit to BLS from CGI
4/1: Ready for dispatch
4/5: Finally receieved my PCC delivered at home

dsthapak

Star Member
Apr 20, 2019
As far as I understood reading at this forum, BLS will update the status only after receiving the PCC. Have you ever got a PCC done before or is this the first time? In my case, I had a PCC done earlier but I need a new one. So may be our processes will be different. I'll keep you posted with my progress.

Did you check your status here? https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/ after selecting Canada?
I did..no change in update
I called bls just now..said police report have been received in embassy..and they r processing rn..will see the change in update 1 to 2 weeks..let's c..fingers crossed..

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
I did..no change in update
I called bls just now..said police report have been received in embassy..and they r processing rn..will see the change in update 1 to 2 weeks..let's c..fingers crossed..
@dsthapak Well my status is the same as yours since March 19. My police verfication report was sent from India on March 22, and no update since. I just called BLS after seeing your post and they have no way of knowing whether the consulate/ embassy has received the police verification report from India. That is their internal processing and only the consulate/ embassy would know. BLS would only know once the PCC is printed.

So BLS is lying to at least one of us.

Reactions: MansiAP56

dsthapak

Star Member
Apr 20, 2019
@dsthapak Well my status is the same as yours since March 19. My police verfication report was sent from India on March 22, and no update since. I just called BLS after seeing your post and they have no way of knowing whether the consulate/ embassy has received the police verification report from India. That is their internal processing and only the consulate/ embassy would know. BLS would only know once the PCC is printed.

Bls is working in Indian style..suffering is guaranteed..but do let me know whenever us status gets changed..my friend got his pcc in 3 weeks..how...??

• Sad
Reactions: Wacky1.nash

AMC1985

Star Member
May 4, 2020
Hi All,

What is the total amount for one PCC? We have to submit a cheque along with our application. Is the cheque for CAD 41.4 OR 44.4? The BLS Website says CAD 41.4, but some people have been saying 44.4. Can someone please clarify?
Thanks.

dsthapak

Star Member
Apr 20, 2019
Hi All,

What is the total amount for one PCC? We have to submit a cheque along with our application. Is the cheque for CAD 41.4 OR 44.4? The BLS Website says CAD 41.4, but some people have been saying 44.4. Can someone please clarify?
Thanks.
They change fre
Hi All,

Thanks.
Check in the website they change there fee
.applicable from April 1st

Sushil7271

Apr 6, 2021

Same here, My Police verification report was sent from India on March 22. but the status is not updated yet.
Please let me know whenever the status gets updated.

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

Iamgoodguy

Mar 28, 2021
Hello Friends,

I would like to share my timelines. My PCC verification was done in Patiala, Punjab.

Feb 22 to March 12th - Processing at BLS and CGI

March 13 - Received the initiation email from CGI.

March 17 - Verification was completed.

My Father visited SP office in Patiala and the person at the SP office said they send my application to Chandigarh embassy for further processing on March 24th... (Please provide them your ARN or file number they will tell you where you application stands or if they have done their part). From Chandigarh embassy it went to Delhi.

March 17th to April 5th - Long wait for processing. I called BLS yesterday and the lady on the phone said that processing time after police verification is 3-4 weeks nowadays because of the number of PCC applications the embassy/consulate has received in recent times. Quick tip to reach BLS call Winnipeg number +1-204 285 3985.

April 6th - PCC has been printed.

I hope/pray that everyone receive their PCC on time.

Last edited:

dsthapak

Star Member
Apr 20, 2019
Hello Friends,

I would like to share my timelines. My PCC verification was done in Patiala, Punjab.

Feb 22 to March 12th - Processing at BLS and CGI

March 13 - Received the initiation email from CGI.

March 17 - Verification was completed.

My Father visited SP office in Patiala and the person at the SP office said they send my application to Chandigarh embassy for further processing on March 24th... (Please provide them your ARN or file number they will tell you where you application stands or if they have done their part). From Chandigarh embassy it went to Delhi.

March 17th to April 5th - Long wait for processing. I called BLS yesterday and the lady on the phone said that processing time after police verification is 3-4 weeks nowadays because of the number of PCC applications the embassy/consulate has received in recent times. Quick tip to reach BLS call Winnipeg number +1-204 285 3985.

April 6th - PCC has been printed.

I hope/pray that everyone receive their PCC on time.
Hey do u know whats the file number..I m trying to check the pcc through passport seva india but it's asking me a file number but all I have is arn

Iamgoodguy

Mar 28, 2021
Hey do u know whats the file number..I m trying to check the pcc through passport seva india but it's asking me a file number but all I have is arn
All you need is ARN not the file number but to find the File number Please check your initiation email from passport seva where it says "This is to inform you that Police Verification Request has been sent to the Police department (refer the following table for details) for your PCC Application submitted with File Number CAT******************"
I hope it helps!