+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

undeadPanda

Mar 18, 2021
Hi everyone, I just sold for the pcc in Toronto. Do you know what the procedure is that they undertake? Do they contact my family back in india?

canprind2020

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
Its been four working days since I received an email "Initiation of Police Verification Request(s) for your PCC Application". And my local police station still didnt receive the request for verification.
Did anyone faced this issue? Please share your insights. I'm wondering whether it is normal or my application got stuck somewhere

• Sad
Reactions: Wacky1.nash

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Its been four working days since I received an email "Initiation of Police Verification Request(s) for your PCC Application". And my local police station still didnt receive the request for verification.
Did anyone faced this issue? Please share your insights. I'm wondering whether it is normal or my application got stuck somewhere
In my case the police called my mother within a day from when the status changed. My mother lives in a small town (not a city). Not sure if that makes a difference.

BALGCA

Mar 10, 2021
Hopefully, you'll get it in a week or two

My parents visited the police station yesterday. They replied that they have NOT yet received :-( and they will contact at once its received. And my wife's application was verified by police on Monday. So far, there are no updates in the status of both applications in website.
Do you have any status update please

canprind2020

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
Do you have any status update please
The status is same. My application is NOT yet reached local police station. And the status is same in passportindia.gov.in portal - "Police Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian Embassy/Consulate. PCC needs to be collected from the Indian Embassy/Consulate where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Indian Embassy/Consulate."

Mo5

Mar 10, 2021
24th - Application pickup by Purolator
25th - Delivered to BLS Brampton
4th March - Tracking visible under bls website - "under process in transit from bls to consulate general"
5th March - Consulate website status - "PCC application along with fee details have been received. the same is under processing at the embassy/consulate"
9th March - Consulate website status "PCC application is under review at indian embassy / consulate"

This is my current status. Does physical police verification at indian permenant address happens for every application. I heard from few saying no one visited their home address yet they received PCC clear. This whole process should be simple.
Hi Guys,

Do you know how long would it take after status shows " Police clearance certificate has been printed " . it shows this since 22nd March.

canprind2020

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
The status is same. My application is NOT yet reached local police station. And the status is same in passportindia.gov.in portal - "Police Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian Embassy/Consulate. PCC needs to be collected from the Indian Embassy/Consulate where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Indian Embassy/Consulate."
FINALLY, Police verification done yesterday

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

canprind2020

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
Let us know when your status change to printed. My police verification completed 2 weeks back. Still status is police verification initiated
Sure, I hope your application status will be updated before mine. If possible, ask your friends/family to try reaching out SP office to make sure that its NOT stuck there

rajas1234

Star Member
Jun 27, 2020
Sure, I hope your application status will be updated before mine. If possible, ask your friends/family to try reaching out SP office to make sure that its NOT stuck there
Right. It’s a election time in Tamilnadu. May be it’s struck in SP office since the officials might be busy in election duty. Will see if I can contact SP office.

undeadPanda

Mar 18, 2021
I've had the initiation email since Thursday the 25th (March 2021), It mentions "This is to inform you that Police Verification Request has been sent to the Police department (refer the following table for details) for your PCC Application submitted with File Number CATXXXX". It also mentions "You are requested to get in touch with the respective Police Office if verification is not done in three weeks.", which just makes it sound like the police office is incompetent and needs to be reminded to do their job.
Is this normal? Should I ask my parents back in India to contact them to try to expedite the process? Advice would be appreciated!

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
I've had the initiation email since Thursday the 25th (March 2021), It mentions "This is to inform you that Police Verification Request has been sent to the Police department (refer the following table for details) for your PCC Application submitted with File Number CATXXXX". It also mentions "You are requested to get in touch with the respective Police Office if verification is not done in three weeks.", which just makes it sound like the police office is incompetent and needs to be reminded to do their job.
Is this normal? Should I ask my parents back in India to contact them to try to expedite the process? Advice would be appreciated!
No comment on the competency of the police....but it is recommended that one is proactive and if one’s family is present in India, they should go visit the Local police station after a day or two of the status change. This has been found to expedite the process.

In my case, the police called my mother within a day of the status change before my mother had the chance to go visit the police

Reactions: undeadPanda

Iamgoodguy

Mar 28, 2021
Hello guys,

Police verification was completed on 17th March but still hasn't moved to any next step. Does anyone is in the same boat? Wonder what's been delaying the process? How long does it usually take from Indian consulate to send it to canada consulate?

canprind2020

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
Hello guys,

Police verification was completed on 17th March but still hasn't moved to any next step. Does anyone is in the same boat? Wonder what's been delaying the process? How long does it usually take from Indian consulate to send it to canada consulate?
Its very hard to guess the timeline in that stage of process, based on this thread, status changed to printed within a week for some of them. and some of the friends are waiting for more than two weeks. You can ask your friends/family to reach out to SP office if possible to make sure that the process in SP office completed. Hopefully, your status will get updated within a week or two from now.

Reactions: Iamgoodguy