+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
10-Mar-2021 - Purolator delivered the application to BLS

DateApplication Status - BLS WebsiteApplication Status - Passport portal
12-MarUnder Process
15-MarProcessing at Consulate GeneralPCC application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.
CAT number generated
15-MarProcessing at Consulate GeneralPCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.
18-MarProcessing at Consulate GeneralPolice Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian Embassy/Consulate. PCC needs to be collected from the Indian Embassy/Consulate where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Indian Embassy/Consulate.

@Wacky1.nash - your application might also moved to the police verification step.
Thanks! You predicted it! I hadn't had a chance all day to check. Just did, and yes it has moved to police verification same as yours.

Reactions: canprind2020

Jass98

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
My PCC timeline
PCC application submitted 25 February
Police verification done 9 March
Status changed shows 16 march transit to BLS center from consulate general
Status changed , Ready for Dispatch 18 March
Status changed, purolator expect delivery Monday 22 March

undeadPanda

Mar 18, 2021
Hi, I just received my ITA under CEC. I don't see PCC in my document checklist but it seems like I should get one anyways since I visited India twice over the past 5 years. I would greatly appreciate if someone could post a detailed step by step breakdown of how to obtain an Indian police check(I'm in Toronto for reference). Haven't been able to find a ton of resources unfortunately

Jass98

Star Member
Feb 9, 2018
Hi, I just received my ITA under CEC. I don't see PCC in my document checklist but it seems like I should get one anyways since I visited India twice over the past 5 years. I would greatly appreciate if someone could post a detailed step by step breakdown of how to obtain an Indian police check(I'm in Toronto for reference). Haven't been able to find a ton of resources unfortunately
Go to BLS center if walk in available if not you can apply for PCC to send application to BLS center by courier

undeadPanda

Mar 18, 2021
How long you were stayed in India in each visit?
Under 6 months total, comes up to be around 5 months and a couple week combined. To be precise my first visit was 2 months 24 days and the second 2 months and 25 days, totalling 5 months and 19 days. My guess is since it's under 6 months, I haven't been asked to provide a PCC?

Last edited:

raja12345

Sep 22, 2018
Guys .Its almost 17 days since the local police submitted the report. Still the status didn't change online. Should I be concerned. Its hard to reach SP office as they don't pick the call.

raja12345

Sep 22, 2018
Here is my timeline for Indian Pcc:

Sent to Bls: 16 Feb
Able to track the file on Bls: 20Feb
File sent to consulate: 21 Feb
Police verification initiated: 25 Feb
Verification by police: 26th Feb

Police officials said they sent the verification back to I think RPO on 27th but there is no movement after that. Do you guys know how many days it takes to change status from police verification to PCC printed?
Guys .Its almost 17 days since the local police submitted the report. Still the status didn't change online. Should I be concerned. Its hard to reach SP office as they don't pick the call.

canprind2020

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
Under 6 months total, comes up to be around 5 months and a couple week combined. To be precise my first visit was 2 months 24 days and the second 2 months and 25 days, totalling 5 months and 19 days. My guess is since it's under 6 months, I haven't been asked to provide a PCC?
Yes, I remember reading somewhere that you need PCC only for the countries you stayed more than 6 months in last ten years. I was trying to find that in IRCC but couldn't find it.

Update
Its specified in this page
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

Last edited:
Reactions: Wacky1.nash

undeadPanda

Mar 18, 2021
Reactions: canprind2020

canprind2020

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
Ok perfect, I've applied anyways just to be on the safe side, but sounds about right.
In the same page, below example specified, so, its better to get the PCC and upload if possible

"Lailah studied in Spain between 2014 and 2017, for several 4-month study periods but she did not stay there for 6 months or more in a row. The system will not ask for a police certificate, but an officer may ask for one from Spain after she submits her application. To avoid delays, Lailah could ask for a police certificate from Spain and submit it with her application. "

rajas1234

Star Member
Jun 27, 2020
I am in same boat. It’s more than 2 weeks since police verification is done