+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Did you get a chance to check the status in the PassportIndia portal? Is CAT number generated?
The CAT Number was generated yesterday for me but I have NOT yet received the pcc initiated email
Yes, I have been diligently checking the status Passport Seva portal. The CAT number was generated around 2pm yesterday.

I wouldn’t worry about not receiving email from BLS. It looks like your application is with CGI now.

canprind2020

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
Yes, I have been diligently checking the status Passport Seva portal. The CAT number was generated around 2pm yesterday.

I wouldn’t worry about not receiving email from BLS. It looks like your application is with CGI now.
aah ok.. I thought CGI sends an email as "police verification initiated" based on the previous messages in forum.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
aah ok.. I thought CGI sends an email as "police verification initiated" based on the previous messages in forum.
Yes, that's my understanding as well. Since both our files' status says "PCC application is under review at embassy/ consulate" our files haven't reached police verification stage. We may get emails as others have reported when it reaches that stage.

Your initial question was not talking about "police verification initiated" email but for "pcc initiated" email. I was responding to that.

canprind2020

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
Yes, that's my understanding as well. Since both our files' status says "PCC application is under review at embassy/ consulate" our files haven't reached police verification stage. We may get emails as others have reported when it reaches that stage.

Your initial question was not talking about "police verification initiated" email but for "pcc initiated" email. I was responding to that.
Sorry, my bad! Thank you for the clarification! Not sure when it will be moved to next step. We can't do anything other than waiting I guess. Hopefully, we will get it soon!

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

mrinzy

May 22, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I applied for PCC for me and my spouse on 4th Feb. Our papers reached the local police station in India on 1st March. After our parents visited the police station, the verification was finally done on 8th March, last Monday. Its been almost 2 weeks and the status on Portal 4 is still showing "Police Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian Embassy/Consulate. PCC needs to be collected from the Indian Embassy/Consulate where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Indian Embassy/Consulate."

I reached out to the local Consulate and they said they haven't received our papers yet. I reached out to the local RPO in India and they said the same thing. My father again went to the police station and they are saying that they have sent the papers to the Passport office. So we are clueless about what to do to expedite this process. We are running out of time with just 10 days to go for submission of PR. Any help will be appreciated.

• Sad
Reactions: Wacky1.nash

Victor02

Star Member
Nov 3, 2019
Just for the information for any future boarder: If there is any Adverse report (a Show Cause Notice) on Passport then it won't affect your PCC, given that the district SP office sends a clear report to Consulate. The whole process is:
1. You sends request to BLS
2. BLS forwards it to India Consulate in Canada.
3. Consulate raises a Police Verification of the candidate at the SP office of the address given by the candidate.
4. Within 10-15 days (depends on your district SP office though), SP office sends response back to the consulate with clear/adverse report directly. No role of RPO who issued your Passport in India in between.

Victor02

Star Member
Nov 3, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I applied for PCC for me and my spouse on 4th Feb. Our papers reached the local police station in India on 1st March. After our parents visited the police station, the verification was finally done on 8th March, last Monday. Its been almost 2 weeks and the status on Portal 4 is still showing "Police Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian Embassy/Consulate. PCC needs to be collected from the Indian Embassy/Consulate where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Indian Embassy/Consulate."

I reached out to the local Consulate and they said they haven't received our papers yet. I reached out to the local RPO in India and they said the same thing. My father again went to the police station and they are saying that they have sent the papers to the Passport office. So we are clueless about what to do to expedite this process. We are running out of time with just 10 days to go for submission of PR. Any help will be appreciated.
Check the SP Office (not local Police station). In my case, PV happened on 23-Feb and SP office received the report on 5-Mar (they told my parent that they recieved it from 'Soochna Vibhag' (most probably LIU on Mar-5th)). Sometimes, local Police Thana sends your report to LIU (Local Intelligence Unit) and there it takes time. Same happened to me. So, as your parents to check in SP office. Finally, remember this, if you have PCC raised from Canada then it won't go to RPO in India.

Reactions: canprind2020

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Just for the information for any future boarder: If there is any Adverse report (a Show Cause Notice) on Passport then it won't affect your PCC, given that the district SP office sends a clear report to Consulate. The whole process is:
1. You sends request to BLS
2. BLS forwards it to India Consulate in Canada.
3. Consulate raises a Police Verification of the candidate at the SP office of the address given by the candidate.
4. Within 10-15 days (depends on your district SP office though), SP office sends response back to the consulate with clear/adverse report directly. No role of RPO who issued your Passport in India in between.
What is SP and what is RPO?

Also my passport (Indian) was issued in Singapore. You mentioned RPO issuing the passport in India, not sure of relevance, hence just pointing it out.

Victor02

Star Member
Nov 3, 2019
What is SP and what is RPO?

Also my passport (Indian) was issued in Singapore. You mentioned RPO issuing the passport in India, not sure of relevance, hence just pointing it out.
SP - Superintendent of Police (have one office in each district of India).
RPO - Regional Passport Office. From PSK/PO (Passport Seva Kendra/Passport Office), you get your Passport. PVR (Police Verification Report) at the time of passport issuance sends to the RPO office. If everything fine, you get your passport (provided its a Pre verification. In case of Post verification, you get the passport and later if PVR is -ve (or adverse), RPO issues you a Show Cause Notice (SCN) on your passport which should get it clear asap)

Reactions: canprind2020

canprind2020

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
10-Mar-2021 - Purolator delivered the application to BLS

Date Application Status - BLS WebsiteApplication Status - Passport portal
12-MarUnder Process
15-MarProcessing at Consulate GeneralPCC application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.
CAT number generated
15-MarProcessing at Consulate GeneralPCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.
18-MarProcessing at Consulate GeneralPolice Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian Embassy/Consulate. PCC needs to be collected from the Indian Embassy/Consulate where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Indian Embassy/Consulate.

@Wacky1.nash - your application might also moved to the police verification step.

Mar 7, 2021
Hello Friends, I need a suggestion:

While filling the details for Travel History section under Personal History line item, it says "Provide details of any trips PRADEEP KUMAR CHANDANI has taken outside his/her country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since his/her 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago)".

In last 10 years, I have lived in two countries - One is India and second is Canada(from Oct 2017 - till now) and I visited India in Feb 2020 for a month. So my question is that - Do I need to fill any details in travel history section. In my opinion it needs to be filled if the candidate has travelled any country other than residence or origin.

Please suggest.

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friends, I need a suggestion:

While filling the details for Travel History section under Personal History line item, it says "Provide details of any trips PRADEEP KUMAR CHANDANI has taken outside his/her country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since his/her 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago)".

In last 10 years, I have lived in two countries - One is India and second is Canada(from Oct 2017 - till now) and I visited India in Feb 2020 for a month. So my question is that - Do I need to fill any details in travel history section. In my opinion it needs to be filled if the candidate has travelled any country other than residence or origin.

Please suggest.
You are expected to report any and all country (s) (including your country of birth/origin, etc.) you may have visited outside of Canada.