+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

Mar 7, 2021
Sorry I didn't get by the above statement - Stimulus helps. Can you please elaborate?
Sorry I didn't get by the above statement - Stimulus helps. Can you please elaborate?
When the police man came for verification, my tenant who were staying at my home, called me to provide all the details to the Police man asking regarding the verification. I provided all the details in a soft manner, after taking the details he simply went away without confirming anything.

thesouthpaw09

Mar 14, 2021
When the police man came for verification, my tenant who were staying at my home, called me to provide all the details to the Police man asking regarding the verification. I provided all the details in a soft manner, after taking the details he simply went away without confirming anything.
Stimulus —> उत्कोच

ishreet

Feb 17, 2021
hi, m from ludhiana punjab and i just want to ask do we need to go to police ? or they come by themselves ,
someone told me we need to go to indian consultate office and then register us first .

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Thanks, I asked them about the documentation in details over the phone. They told me to submit my old passport pages. Sounds good. But the frustrating part of this whole ordeal is that nothing about this is mentioned on their checklist. The information on their website is confusing. I am afraid that second time they will again ask for a document that wasn’t mentioned in their checklist.

also I don’t know where my returned application package is. They didn’t provide any tracking number. They said that they don’t have it in their record.
Sounds like BLS/ Consulate just make rules up as they go.... Sorry you are being harassed in this way by BLS... :(

Reactions: MansiAP56

Prabh_555

Star Member
Mar 4, 2021
hi, m from ludhiana punjab and i just want to ask do we need to go to police ? or they come by themselves ,
someone told me we need to go to indian consultate office and then register us first .
Hey Ishreet, once you get the email that police verification has been started.. Just wait for like 2 days and then go to your local police station to confirm if they have received the verification request. if yes then follow up with them to complete the verification ASAP. I got my PCC certificate from Ludhiana itself in less than a month. The key here is to follow up with them regularly.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Hey @Wacky1.nash,

I am so disheartened and don't know what to do. The status of my application on BLS website is showing as returned and this time due to not providing study/student permit or visitor visa. I am unable to provide that as I am on a visitor visa. I had initially called them and asked about this and they said I could apply. So I did and now turns out I can't apply for PCC as I am on a tourist visa.(I should have also done my research so that I didn't have to wait this long) It is frustrating that the application was returned the first time due to name issues and at that point no one bothered to even go through the documents and let me know about this. I have wasted a month and a half behind this and I have no hope at this point. I have frantically started calling immigration lawyers to find if there is still a way I can apply.

When I started the step 2 on last Sunday I did receive a mail from BLS support with the ticket number and portal login details on the same day. Then I got a reply on the BLS support website the next day that my request is forwarded to the concern department but after that nothing. It still shows work on progress. However, after the complaint my application on BLS website did change and is showing returned. I haven't received the application back yet.

If anyone knows of a good immigration lawyer or consultant please let me know.
Hi @Jenka ,

So sorry BLS is making you run around in circles like this. I can't imagine the stress and despair you are going through.

As far as I know, in general you can't apply for Police Clearance Certificate (even for your home country) in a country where your status is a visitor (visit/ tourist visa). For example, I am an Indian citizen and was living in Singapore for 10 years. I applied for India PCC there while on an employment visa. However now, if I were to go to Singapore on a visit I wouldn't be able to apply for an Indian PCC, as I do not have a resident status there anymore. I would imagine the rules are similar to obtain an Indian PCC in Canada - you have to be a resident (temporary or permanent).

Now you mentioned in another post that you have been told by a BLS call center representative that you are eligible to apply for india PCC while on a visitor visa:

1. They maybe wrong and giving you erroneous advise (which they have done several times to me in the past, so I wouldn't be surprised.) BLS also made the mistake of not pointing this out to you the first time you applied.
2. Thy maybe correct in which case BLS was wrong in returning your application. If you reapply, you run the risk of them continuing this mistake.

Either way, BLS has made a mistake, and caused a huge delay in your process. Also either way, I think the chances of a successful application are low.

Curious though, why are you applying from Canada while you are here on vacation? Why don't you apply from India after you return? it is probably the most straight forward route for you.

ishreet

Feb 17, 2021
Hey Ishreet, once you get the email that police verification has been started.. Just wait for like 2 days and then go to your local police station to confirm if they have received the verification request. if yes then follow up with them to complete the verification ASAP. I got my PCC certificate from Ludhiana itself in less than a month. The key here is to follow up with them regularly.
my mother called one of the police man at dugri station he said no we donot do it so i was little worried thank you

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
My timeline:

Feb 19 - Application picked up by Purolator
Feb 22 - Failed delivery by Purolator because BLS was not available to receive it; Called purolator to arrange for redelivery
Feb 23 - Application delivered by Purolator
March 3 - Received email from Purolator that application is pending as I did not put in my Father's name (mot sure why the application is deemed incomplete as the notes on the application clearly says one need only fill wither mother, father or guardian's name). Redid application and uploaded to BLS.
March 4 - Called BLS; told me to email "brampton.p@blsinternational.net that document is uploaded, and application would progress to "sent to consulate for processing" within 48 hours. Sent email, received response saying "it is no reply email"
March 8 - Initiated escalation step 2 (waited for the promised resolution within 48 hours; never received a response.)
March 10 - Initiated escalation step 3 (waited for the promised resolution within 48 hours; never received a response. Followed up after 48 hours; again no response.)
March 11 - Called BLS; was told to send document to CCCANADA@blsinternational.net; and was promised that my tracking would show application is forwarded to consulate in 24 hours and my application would be expedietd because of the numerous mistakes made by BLS so far; BLS failed to meet this promise, as nothing happened in the following 24 hours.
March 15 - Got an email from BLS that my application has been accepted. Tracking shows "under process"

canprind2020

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
Postal application - Brampton
10-Mar-2021 - Purolator delivered the application to BLS
12-Mar-2021 - Able to track in BLS website - Application Status: Under Process
13-Mar-2021 - Application Status: Under Process - In Transit from BLS Centre to Consulate General
10-Mar-2021 - Purolator delivered the application to BLS

Date Application Status - BLS WebsiteApplication Status - Passport portal
12-MarUnder Process
15-MarProcessing at Consulate GeneralPCC application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate.
CAT number generated
15-MarProcessing at Consulate GeneralPCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wacky1.nash

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
My timeline:

Feb 22 - Failed delivery by Purolator because BLS was not available to receive it; Called purolator to arrange for redelivery
March 3 - Received email from Purolator that application is pending as I did not put in my Father's name (mot sure why the application is deemed incomplete as the notes on the application clearly says one need only fill wither mother, father or guardian's name). Redid application and uploaded to BLS.
March 4 - Called BLS; told me to email "brampton.p@blsinternational.net that document is uploaded, and application would progress to "sent to consulate for processing" within 48 hours. Sent email, received response saying "it is no reply email"
March 8 - Initiated escalation step 2 (waited for the promised resolution within 48 hours; never received a response.)
March 10 - Initiated escalation step 3 (waited for the promised resolution within 48 hours; never received a response. Followed up after 48 hours; again no response.)
March 11 - Called BLS; was told to send document to CCCANADA@blsinternational.net; and was promised that my tracking would show application is forwarded to consulate in 24 hours and my application would be expedietd because of the numerous mistakes made by BLS so far; BLS failed to meet this promise, as nothing happened in the following 24 hours.
March 15 - Got an email from BLS that my application has been accepted. Tracking shows "under process."
March 16 - Tracking says "Under Process In Transit from BLS Centre to Consulat General" (yes, there are spelling/ punctuation mistakes in BLS's tracking.)

Reactions: casualgamer

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
My timeline:

March 15 - Got an email from BLS that my application has been accepted. Tracking shows "under process."
March 16 - Tracking says "Under Process In Transit from BLS Centre to Consulat General" (yes, there are spelling/ punctuation mistakes in BLS's tracking.)
March 16 - Tracking says "Processing at Consulate General"

Reactions: canprind2020

canprind2020

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
My timeline:

March 16 - Tracking says "Processing at Consulate General"
Did you get a chance to check the status in the PassportIndia portal? Is CAT number generated?
The CAT Number was generated yesterday for me but I have NOT yet received the pcc initiated email

Last edited:

thesouthpaw09

Mar 14, 2021
First you have to apply for police verification from state police department website, then your police verification would come in the queue of your local police station. Local police verification officer will come to your address for verification. If they fail to contact you within 15 days then you can visit local police station for clarification.