+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

BALGCA

Mar 10, 2021
Hi,

My PCC application have been received at Embassy/Consulate from BLS Brampton on March 9th and status showing as "PCC application along with fee details have been received. The same is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate." and no CAT number assigned yet, how many days it will take to assign CAT number?

jayessess

Star Member
May 16, 2017
I understand this is frustrating and it takes whole cycle when we have to send the document again. I think you should have at least one stamp when you have travelled to different country. Is it because you recently renewed your passport ? I would suggest stalk to them and send all pages just to get rid of the rework and pain or resending again. hope you get through this somehow.
Thanks, I asked them about the documentation in details over the phone. They told me to submit my old passport pages. Sounds good. But the frustrating part of this whole ordeal is that nothing about this is mentioned on their checklist. The information on their website is confusing. I am afraid that second time they will again ask for a document that wasn’t mentioned in their checklist.

also I don’t know where my returned application package is. They didn’t provide any tracking number. They said that they don’t have it in their record.

Jenka

Feb 19, 2021
My pic was returned twice, it has been almost more than 6 weeks now. I have included all the documents in my application; however, they returned twice with the statement that I need to proof of payment for renewal and a letter from cic (as your status is expired), but I have a valid visa for a whole year more. I don't know whom to contact, and why are they returning my application. Can anyone please help me?
hi @Mike756933,

I am in the same boat as you. My application has also been rejected twice. On Monday, 8th March I was able to check that my application status was changed to "returned" again and this is the reason provided on the BLS website- "Dear applicant, your incomplete/ incorrect application is being sent back because of the following reasons: 1. valid current status copy in canada required(canadian citizenship/pr/study permit/work permit) 2. payment receipt of renewal and cic letter is required(if your status is expired)".

Please note, I had provided a print of my scanned Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) along with the immigration border officer stamp on the passport which is valid till end of June 2021.

I am thinking of applying again for the third time with a letter explaining that I have a valid Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). You can check this page https://www.blsindia-canada.com/escalation.php and try step 2 and step 3. I have proceeded with step two but still haven't received any help from BLS.

Mo5

Mar 10, 2021
24th - Application pickup by Purolator
25th - Delivered to BLS Brampton
4th March - Tracking visible under bls website - "under process in transit from bls to consulate general"
5th March - Consulate website status - "PCC application along with fee details have been received. the same is under processing at the embassy/consulate"
9th March - Consulate website status "PCC application is under review at indian embassy / consulate"

This is my current status. Does physical police verification at indian permenant address happens for every application. I heard from few saying no one visited their home address yet they received PCC clear. This whole process should be simple.

mkm2021

Mar 5, 2021
response by the
I'm exactly in the same boat. I sent applications for self & wife thru Purolator on 18th Feb, they received it next day, but sent to Consulate only on 1st March. On 2nd March, File no (CATxxxx) got assigned to my wife's application, and on 3rd March I too got the CATxxxx no assigned. But since then the status at passport seva site shows the same "PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate". Havent got any email from them as well. So, its seems a long wait until they initiate further processing of sending our docs to India at local police station
How have you checked that File numbers (CATxxxx) are assigned to your applications. In my case also, since 3rd March, the status at the BLS site is "Processing at Consulate General" and PSK site says "PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate."

Eddie12

Jan 16, 2020
hi @Mike756933,

I am in the same boat as you. My application has also been rejected twice. On Monday, 8th March I was able to check that my application status was changed to "returned" again and this is the reason provided on the BLS website- "Dear applicant, your incomplete/ incorrect application is being sent back because of the following reasons: 1. valid current status copy in canada required(canadian citizenship/pr/study permit/work permit) 2. payment receipt of renewal and cic letter is required(if your status is expired)".

Please note, I had provided a print of my scanned Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) along with the immigration border officer stamp on the passport which is valid till end of June 2021.

I am thinking of applying again for the third time with a letter explaining that I have a valid Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). You can check this page https://www.blsindia-canada.com/escalation.php and try step 2 and step 3. I have proceeded with step two but still haven't received any help from BLS.
for me I had a page missing .They gave me a link to send the missing page

BALGCA

Mar 10, 2021
I'm exactly in the same boat. I sent applications for self & wife thru Purolator on 18th Feb, they received it next day, but sent to Consulate only on 1st March. On 2nd March, File no (CATxxxx) got assigned to my wife's application, and on 3rd March I too got the CATxxxx no assigned. But since then the status at passport seva site shows the same "PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate". Havent got any email from them as well. So, its seems a long wait until they initiate further processing of sending our docs to India at local police station
Any update please??

Aleti

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
I have received an email saying that the police verification is initiated on March 1st 2021, but when I contacted the police station they are saying that they have not received any verification request. Does anyone faced this kind of issue?

Khalid81

Jan 16, 2020
How have you checked that File numbers (CATxxxx) are assigned to your applications. In my case also, since 3rd March, the status at the BLS site is "Processing at Consulate General" and PSK site says "PCC application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate."
Yes , CAT nos were assigned to my applications (1st March on my wife's application, and 2nd March on my application).

I checked the status today morning as well (infact checking after every few hours nowadays), the status still remains the same. Haven't got any email as well so far.

Khalid81

Jan 16, 2020
I think Embassy/Consulate has stopped working from 1st Mar. I think entire staff has gone on vacation . I don't see any updates from anyone after this date.
There may be a huge surge in no of applications after Feb 13 CEC draw. Desi's constitutes to nearly 90% of the 27k ITA recipients, and 90% of this lot might have applied for PCC knowing that PCC takes 6 - 8 weeks time.

So, its a wait and watch for now. But guys do keep on updating your statuses here, so that we know if some movement is happening at Consulate/PSK

Reactions: PRCEC005

canprind2020

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
There may be a huge surge in no of applications after Feb 13 CEC draw. Desi's constitutes to nearly 90% of the 27k ITA recipients, and 90% of this lot might have applied for PCC knowing that PCC takes 6 - 8 weeks time.

So, its a wait and watch for now. But guys do keep on updating your statuses here, so that we know if some movement is happening at Consulate/PSK
I'm just wondering, why can't they enable to upload these documents online to consulate itself since we are anyways sending photo copies in postal application and they can just send digital copy first (I bet they have software and not writing in hand) and then physical copy. Anyways, it's NOT going to happen anytime soon. Hopefully, the friends in future have streamlined process.

My documents reached BLS yesterday. I'm worried and frustrated after reading the issues going through by friends in this forum. It looks like I need to keep my expectations very very low and be ready to accept any unusual/invalid replies from BLS/Consulate.