+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
Hello All
Today my status changed to " Police Clearance Certificate has been printed. "
Can you please tell me what is the next step and now is it pending with local RPO or is it with Embassy to courier it to me (or BLS)
Congrats! No, I think you don't have to do anything now. It will automatically change to "transit to BLS" soon. May I ask, did you have to follow up with anybody? OR the status changed automatically? Thanks

Hiker11

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
Congrats! No, I think you don't have to do anything now. It will automatically change to "transit to BLS" soon. May I ask, did you have to follow up with anybody? OR the status changed automatically? Thanks
I had to send email to Embassy but they reported that police verification is still pending though my local police station confirmed they submitted it on Dec 22. I follow-up with police station again yesterday and this status changed today.

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
I had to send email to Embassy but they reported that police verification is still pending though my local police station confirmed they submitted it on Dec 22. I follow-up with police station again yesterday and this status changed today.
okay..Please look at my response above. I don't think you need to do anything now but please ask others as well because I do not have much experience in this and I may be wrong

tm1111@

Jan 1, 2019
I have submitted my passport also along with PCC postal application to BLS and now its a month that I am waiting. I think BLS Brampton is closed. Can someone suggest how I can take back my passport?

mastersboy

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Dec 14: Purolator picked up application
Dec 16: Received by BLS brampton
Dec 18: Shipped to Consulate Toronto
Dec 21: Email about pcc initiation
Waiting for verification at home..
will let you update soon
How does the pickup work - does someone come physically to your apartment building and you hand it to them? If so, do they call you when they get here? My apartment buzzer is messed up and I'll need them to call me so I can meet them.

Also, for drop off - Do they just put it in your mailbox?

mastersboy

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Generally they ask address in india where police verification takes place before PCC is issued. But to make things fast please attach copy of previous PcC received , it does work some time as they will not initiate police clearance but again it’s case to case basis.
if it goes for police verification than it may take one month minimum
Do you explain that you are attaching previous police certificate or just send it with the application printout?

mastersboy

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Hi guys - hope someone can help me - I do not have aadhar card, what do I check below? If I check "no" will they deny my police certificate?

"I, the holder of above mentioned Aadhaar Number , hereby give my consent to Passport Seva to obtain my Aadhaar Number, Name and Fingerprint/Iris for authentication with UIDAI. I have no objection using my identity and biometric information for validation with Aadhaar (CIDR) database only for the purpose of authentication.
I Agree -YES -NO"

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
How does the pickup work - does someone come physically to your apartment building and you hand it to them? If so, do they call you when they get here? My apartment buzzer is messed up and I'll need them to call me so I can meet them.

Also, for drop off - Do they just put it in your mailbox?
Purolator comes to your building to pickup in person, they will call and fix an appointment
for dropping they generally leave at building reception

mastersboy

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Purolator comes to your building to pickup in person, they will call and fix an appointment
for dropping they generally leave at building reception
BLS website says "Note: "We are not providing any pickup and drop off service for PO box address. Applicant has to arrange his/her own pickup and need to provide self addressed printed prepaid return envelope. Also, we do not guarantee for the delivery at PO box address"."

What does that mean that we have to provide not only postal order but a return prepaid envelope? If they are going to be using purolator to drop it off, how can I provide them a return envelope for Canadapost?

tm1111@

Jan 1, 2019
My status changed to - Police Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian Embassy/Consulate. PCC needs to be collected from the Indian Embassy/Consulate where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Indian Embassy/Consulate.

But i was actually expecting that PCC will be sent by post from BLS Canada. Can someone confirm if we need to collect PCC from consulate directly?

adwani1994

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
My status changed to - Police Verification has been initiated and a request has been sent to Indian Embassy/Consulate. PCC needs to be collected from the Indian Embassy/Consulate where the applicant applied after a 'Clear' Police Verification Report is received at the Indian Embassy/Consulate.

But i was actually expecting that PCC will be sent by post from BLS Canada. Can someone confirm if we need to collect PCC from consulate directly?
On the same boat, my status just changed to this today. Not sure if we need to reach BLS/Consulate after this or not. Already paid for the return courier at BLS, I'm assuming they will pick-up from the Consulate and drop off at our door step but not quite sure. It would be great if someone share his/her experience on this.

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
On the same boat, my status just changed to this today. Not sure if we need to reach BLS/Consulate after this or not. Already paid for the return courier at BLS, I'm assuming they will pick-up from the Consulate and drop off at our door step but not quite sure. It would be great if someone share his/her experience on this.
Same with me. Changed today. Looks like some kind of system wide change. But if we read the language, it is apparent that 'clear' verification still hasn't been received.