+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

adwani1994

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
Applied on Dec 11 (BLS Edmonton; walk-in)
Tracker activated on Dec 14: status - transit from BLS to Vancouver consulate
Police verification Initiated (email notification) Dec 18th 2020
Police verification done at local police station on Dec 19th 2020
No further update since then. Double checked with local police through a friend on 28th December and they said it has already been sent but I don't see any update on neither passport.gov website nor BLS website. Current status reads "Application granted and PCC Verification initiated, After the police verification report is received, PCC will be available for issuance."
We inquired from the Police station twice and the police officer who does this verification in our local station is my uncle's friend. He told us that I dispatched it on the same day (i.e. Dec 21) but since it goes from Police to District Police Commissioner office then the district crime branch office and lastly to collector's office. After this trip it returns to Local police again and then they sign it and send it to passport office. So I can see this is lengthy process but the officer of the local station showed my father that after this long trip started from 21st Dec, it returned to him on Dec 26 and he sent it to Passport office on the same day still the status has no change.

PS: I also contacted the CGI Toronto and they said that it is pending in SP Office and I should contact the local police, but the police officer showed my father that he has submitted the "clear title" to the regional passport office.

God bless the application! :rolleyes:

adwani1994

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
My status is also same. Police Station confirmed that they have sent the report to next level (December 22).
My question is does anyone know what is that next level, do they send it to local PRO office (or local PSK) or to the embassy directly.

I also sent out an email to embassy and got the response that they haven't received my police verification report yet.
Please check my post above, this is what we were told. I know one shouldn't trust this but this came up from the very close person to our family and I felt fortunate first that we personally know the person who will be doing my process but this is the situation. I'm sure regional passport office has some issues as police will not lie for sure in this case.

Hiker11

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
We inquired from the Police station twice and the police officer who does this verification in our local station is my uncle's friend. He told us that I dispatched it on the same day (i.e. Dec 21) but since it goes from Police to District Police Commissioner office then the district crime branch office and lastly to collector's office. After this trip it returns to Local police again and then they sign it and send it to passport office. So I can see this is lengthy process but the officer of the local station showed my father that after this long trip started from 21st Dec, it returned to him on Dec 26 and he sent it to Passport office on the same day still the status has no change.

PS: I also contacted the CGI Toronto and they said that it is pending in SP Office and I should contact the local police, but the police officer showed my father that he has submitted the "clear title" to the regional passport office.

God bless the application! :rolleyes:
Thanks , this will help me. I will also check now whether they have received from SP office and finally sent it to passport office.
Did you try contacting the local PRO officer. I sent out an email to them as well but no response, so I am planning to send someone there to check once Police station confirmed they have sent it to PRO.

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
I can share passport verification experience at time of renewal wherein it took 3-4 weeks after police vérification being completed. So this take a while to complete . After one month embassy generally follow up as they give 1 month for process to be completed. So I would recommend wait for some time

adwani1994

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
I can share passport verification experience at time of renewal wherein it took 3-4 weeks after police vérification being completed. So this take a while to complete . After one month embassy generally follow up as they give 1 month for process to be completed. So I would recommend wait for some time
I understand. But my confusion was I know couple of people who have applied for PCC within same or 1-2 days here or there, in the same city I reside in (basically different local police station but same Regional Passport office). One received his PCC just today morning and other one has her status "PCC has been printed and on the way to BLS." this is triggering my confusion. Any idea why this is happening?

adwani1994

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
Thanks , this will help me. I will also check now whether they have received from SP office and finally sent it to passport office.
Did you try contacting the local PRO officer. I sent out an email to them as well but no response, so I am planning to send someone there to check once Police station confirmed they have sent it to PRO.
I'll wait till new year before contacting the RPO. That's what we were suggested from the police officer at local police station.

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
I understand. But my confusion was I know couple of people who have applied for PCC within same or 1-2 days here or there, in the same city I reside in (basically different local police station but same Regional Passport office). One received his PCC just today morning and other one has her status "PCC has been printed and on the way to BLS." this is triggering my confusion. Any idea why this is happening?
that is time frame within which they submit report can happen in 24-48 hrs as well depending upon your relation with local police, some reference etc.

adwani1994

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
that is time frame within which they submit report can happen in 24-48 hrs as well depending upon your relation with local police, some reference etc.
Thank you for your inputs. Will wait (Have no option other than that :p). Thank you though.

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
it goes from Police to District Police Commissioner office then the district crime branch office and lastly to collector's office. After this trip it returns to Local police again and then they sign it and send it to passport office.
Darn this is too complicated. Although I still have little more than a month till the deadline but I have zero confidence in the sarkari system. I think I can kiss my application goodbye. When is your deadline?

Isha 14

Dec 4, 2020
Hey everyone, I am going to send my PCC application by mail and have 2 doubts. Please confirm
1) Can we send money order from Canada Post($44.4)? Bank not providing certified cheque
2) Checklist says to enclose TWO certified checks.. one for HCI and Consulates charges and another for BLS fees + courier.
How is it like?
Please assist

adwani1994

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
Darn this is too complicated. Although I still have little more than a month till the deadline but I have zero confidence in the sarkari system. I think I can kiss my application goodbye. When is your deadline?
I smelled the system through experiences of others and applied in advance before, so I just submitted my profile last weekend and having crs 492 and expecting ITA in the coming draw so I'm well in advance but the complication arrives when few people are complaining that their application get vanished in between. I don't know if it is their fault or they are the victims of the system.

adwani1994

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
Hey everyone, I am going to send my PCC application by mail and have 2 doubts. Please confirm
1) Can we send money order from Canada Post($44.4)? Bank not providing certified cheque
2) Checklist says to enclose TWO certified checks.. one for HCI and Consulates charges and another for BLS fees + courier.
How is it like?
Please assist
You can just have one money order either from bank or Canada Post. I got mine from Money Mart and it worked (It can save your few $ as well). Hope this will help you.

(PS: The new checklist dated November 18,2020 says that you should enclose two separate cheques but I made only one money order of CA$44.4 from money mart and applied on Dec 8,2020. It worked well for me but I wish if someone who has just applied should comment on this for clear picture.)

Etzioauditore14

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
How is it like?
Please assist
Yes I also applied using one Money order from Canada Post for 44.4$. I applied after they issued the Nov 18 checklist and I also had to shorten the name to BLS Intl Service Canada Inc. ... coz Canada post couldnt fit their name on the order. But I didnt have any issue with the payment so I think you should be fine as well.

Hiker11

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
My status is also same. Police Station confirmed that they have sent the report to next level (December 22).
My question is does anyone know what is that next level, do they send it to local PRO office (or local PSK) or to the embassy directly.

I also sent out an email to embassy and got the response that they haven't received my police verification report yet.
Hello All
Today my status changed to " Police Clearance Certificate has been printed. "
Can you please tell me what is the next step and now is it pending with local RPO or is it with Embassy to courier it to me (or BLS)