+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Brampton bls
They told me they are not taking original passport because their processing time is more than amonth. So they can’t hold it.
@patelyogesh2 I am mailing in my Indian PCC application since walk-ins not possible for another month. I had the same concern. Can I just send my Indian passport and PR Card copies and not originals? I am concerned their processing time is 6-8 weeks now.

J13

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
Dec 14: Purolator picked up application
Dec 16: Received by BLS brampton
Dec 18: Shipped to Consulate Toronto
Dec 21: Email about pcc initiation
Waiting for verification at home..
will let you update soon

Reactions: anisha1992

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Hi, I wonder if someone can give me an advice. I am planning to apply for PCC next month. My situation is as follows:
1) My Indian passport has Address A, however, since then my address has changed to Address B (which is updated on Aadhar card).
2) Address B is locked - no one resides there since I am in Canada.
3) I have absolutely no relatives to speak of, parents are no more.

To my understanding I should be providing Address B for my PCC application. In my case, how will the Police verify my stuff? I am worried that my application would be stuck in limbo forever.

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
Suggestion- don’t wait but apply pCc now, put some known person name and address in area where your address is. It may help.

also mention some relative name and contact number as they contact indivudual before visiting home.
lastly pray police verification is not requested for

Reactions: vvarma

Edifytech

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Does anyone know what is the process that runs behind the scenes for Indian PCC? I heard in the past we apply through PSK for Canadian PR. I got mine in Chicago 5 years ago in 45 mins. I renewed my passport 2 years before that from Chicago consulate, as well. Now in Toronto they are asking for a permanent Indian address and the corresponding police station. It is taking a lot longer than it used to in the past 6-8 weeks.

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
Generally they ask address in india where police verification takes place before PCC is issued. But to make things fast please attach copy of previous PcC received , it does work some time as they will not initiate police clearance but again it’s case to case basis.
if it goes for police verification than it may take one month minimum

May 15, 2020
Hello Everyone,
Can you please help me with the current procedure for obtaining PCC? What documents are required and how to send them. Can I walk-in to the BLS office or do I have to post it?

adwani1994

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
Yes paid for Purolater service through BLS website on Dec 7, documents collected on Dec 8th. Reached BLS Brampton on Dec 9. No updates for 4 days, status changed to application received on Dec 14, On Dec 15 status was Application on the way to CGI. Today (Dec 16.2020) on Passport Seva website tracker shows application granted, Police verification initiated.

PS: No emails received from BLS/CGI.
Any Updates?

adwani1994

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
Applied on Dec 7.2020
Documents picked up on Dec 8.2020
Reached to BLS Brampton Dec 09.2020
Reached consulate general on Dec 11.2020
Verification initiated on Dec 14.2020
Verification done at Local Police Station on Dec 21.2020

Since then no update and status is showing Application granted and PCC Verification initiated, After the police verification report is received, PCC will be available for issuance. Anyone has same or nearby timeline please reply with your status. Thanks.

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
Applied on Dec 7.2020
Documents picked up on Dec 8.2020
Reached to BLS Brampton Dec 09.2020
Reached consulate general on Dec 11.2020
Verification initiated on Dec 14.2020
Verification done at Local Police Station on Dec 21.2020

Since then no update and status is showing Application granted and PCC Verification initiated, After the police verification report is received, PCC will be available for issuance. Anyone has same or nearby timeline please reply with your status. Thanks.
Applied on Dec 11 (BLS Edmonton; walk-in)
Tracker activated on Dec 14: status - transit from BLS to Vancouver consulate
Police verification Initiated (email notification) Dec 18th 2020
Police verification done at local police station on Dec 19th 2020
No further update since then. Double checked with local police through a friend on 28th December and they said it has already been sent but I don't see any update on neither passport.gov website nor BLS website. Current status reads "Application granted and PCC Verification initiated, After the police verification report is received, PCC will be available for issuance."

Hiker11

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
Applied on Dec 11 (BLS Edmonton; walk-in)
Tracker activated on Dec 14: status - transit from BLS to Vancouver consulate
Police verification Initiated (email notification) Dec 18th 2020
Police verification done at local police station on Dec 19th 2020
No further update since then. Double checked with local police through a friend on 28th December and they said it has already been sent but I don't see any update on neither passport.gov website nor BLS website. Current status reads "Application granted and PCC Verification initiated, After the police verification report is received, PCC will be available for issuance."
My status is also same. Police Station confirmed that they have sent the report to next level (December 22).
My question is does anyone know what is that next level, do they send it to local PRO office (or local PSK) or to the embassy directly.

I also sent out an email to embassy and got the response that they haven't received my police verification report yet.